New Maasdam Booking - Really Like This

sail7seas

We've cruised Maasdam a great deal, a really lot :D, and have done some outstanding itineraries on her but today we booked what I consider one of the best Caribbean itineraries I've seen in a long time.

HAL really hit a home run with this one IMO

It's a ten day cruise from

FLL

Nassau

At sea

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Gustavia, St. Barts

Rouseau, Dominica

St. John's, Antigua

St. Thomas

At sea

Half Moon Cay

FLL

We love the Maasdam (and Noordam) itinerary that does the A,B,C Islands but this one is really terrific IMO We haven't been to Nassau in years and I'm looking forward to returning. It'll be nice to go there again after so long.

AND it's on Maasdam. :)

We've cruised Maasdam a great deal, a really lot :D, and have done some outstanding itineraries on her but today we booked what I consider one of the best Caribbean itineraries I've seen in a long time.

HAL really hit a home run with this one IMO

It's a ten day cruise from FL

Nassau

At sea

San Juan, Puerto Rico

Gustavia, St. Barts

Rouseau, Dominica

St. John's, Antigua

St. Thomas

At sea

Half Moon Cay

FLL

We love the Maasdam (and Noordam) itinerary that does the A,B,C Islands but this one is really terrific IMO

AND it's on Maasdam. :)

That is a very nice itinerary Sail - is that next year? i don't remember seeing this one and have been looking for 'I'm outta here next year cruise.

I have to beat the snow next year :)

That is a very nice itinerary Sail - is that next year? i don't remember seeing this one and have been looking for 'I'm outta here next year cruise.

I have to beat the snow next year :)

Kazu,

It's April, 2012.

That IS a unique itinerary, Sail. I just love it when they mix things up like that.

Someplace different on a favorite ship. Yep, life is good.

We have a full year of cruising prior to that cruise. :) Noordam is next. :):):)

Sure takes the edge off a New England winter.

This is the itinerary we will be sailing on the 18th of March. We have cruise Southern Caribbean in the past so we have never been to the Bahamas. Will let everyone know what we think when we return!!

Kazu,

It's April, 2012.

We have a full year of cruising prior to that cruise. :) Noordam is next. :):):)

Sure takes the edge off a New England winter.

thanks Sail - I'll have to do some looking and see if it's any earlier - I can't wait until April to get 'outta' here' - by then, the snow is gone and i might as well just stay here :) Time to do some looking.

thanks so much for posting it :D

thanks Sail - I'll have to do some looking and see if it's any earlier - I can't wait until April to get 'outta' here' - by then, the snow is gone and i might as well just stay here :) Time to do some looking.

thanks so much for posting it :D

FYI -- There's a sailing at the end of January 2012.

Judy, that's a very nice itinerary. We also booked the Maasdam for next January to escape these cold and snowy winters. I still can't warm up and I've been home a month.

Ours is 14 days and we go to:

Sea day

Sea day

St. Thomas

St. Barts

Martinique

Barbados

Grenada

Sea day

Bonaire

Curaco

Aruba

Sea day

HMC

Ft. Lauderdale

We did the same cruise this year, although we went to HMC first and next year we substitute St. Thomas for Tortola which is great for me since I have friends who live in St. Thomas. Will this winter ever be over?

Lots of folks seem to think Nassau is way past its prime. I often read discouraging things about it as a cruise port of call.

However, we still enjoy going there. Lots of memories for us. It was our very first cruise destination way back in the 60's. The old Sheraton British Colonial hotel was (and still is) a grand place and Bay street was really exotic for our young eyes.

We like Nassau. Hope you enjoy it as well.

I agree. It's a good itinerary. Should be great fun.

My best memory of Nassau on a cruise was seeing Pierce Brosnan drive by our ship in a golf cart and he stopped to talk to my DH who was headed off the ship to play golf. Very friendly and even better looking in person. Unfortunately I was still on the ship looking over our verandah. He was filming a movie on the Regent Seven Seas Navigator docked next to us.

After that the day went downhill real fast. ;)

Judy, that's a very nice itinerary. We also booked the Maasdam for next January to escape these cold and snowy winters. I still can't warm up and I've been home a month.

Sea day

Sea day

St. Thomas

St. Barts

Martinique

Barbados

Grenada

Sea day

Bonaire

Curaco

Aruba

Sea day

HMC

Ft. Lauderdale

We did the same cruise this year, although we went to HMC first and next year we substitute St. Thomas for Tortola which is great for me since I have friends who live in St. Thomas. Will this winter ever be over?

We did that cruise April 30 this year and it was wonderful.

We loved that itinerary.

And it was also Maasdam. :)

We leave soon for Noordam to get back into sun and fun.

We can't cruise in January this year. We usually cruise late January or early February but we have other committments.

Sea day

Sea day

St. Thomas

St. Barts

Martinique

Barbados

Grenada

Sea day

Bonaire

Curaco

Aruba

Sea day

HMC

Ft. Lauderdale

I loved this one, but I really, really, really want to go back to San Juan. Just love it and El Moro - it's been too many years - but I prefer the 14 days - but I want my cake and eat it too :D

Sea day

Sea day

St. Thomas

St. Barts

Martinique

Barbados

Grenada

Sea day

Bonaire

Curaco

Aruba

Sea day

HMC

Ft. Lauderdale

JMO, but I think this is a great itinerary...

B

Extend your cruise with fun pre and post cruise stays in FLL. We always turn a ten day cruise into at least a 13-14 day vacation.

We do too - but somehow - it's not quite like being on the ship :D

actually we have no choice with the weather here as I know you can appreciate - we have to plan at least two days early (and hope we will go)

however, although not a cruise ship, Fort Lauderdale has been very good to us and we always enjoy our time there. Just wish I had a crystal ball to predict next year's storms :eek::eek: we sure had enough this year. After paying our snow plow guy I know it must be a record :p not one I want to surpass either ;)

JMO, but I think this is a great itinerary...

B

It is fabulous, bellebaby. We did it at the end of January this year. And have booked it again for next January. It's that good! Next year they're swapping out Tortola for St. Thomas so that's even better as far as I'm concerned. And, HMC at the end...not the beginning.

A winning combination: The Maasdam and this itinerary. It's a little early for me, but can't have everything. 1/13 instead of the 1/28 we did this year, which was great.

I like the one Sail is doing as well, but don't really want to go to Nassau, and do enjoy the ABC's....and the 14 days! ;)

It is fabulous, bellebaby. We did it at the end of January this year. And have booked it again for next January. It's that good! Next year they're swapping out Tortola for St. Thomas so that's even better as far as I'm concerned. And, HMC at the end...not the beginning.

A winning combination: The Maasdam and this itinerary. It's a little early for me, but can't have everything. 1/13 instead of the 1/28 we did this year, which was great.

I like the one Sail is doing as well, but don't really want to go to Nassau, and do enjoy the ABC's....and the 14 days! ;)

ok, ignorance is bliss so I am pretty happy - it's probably such a simple answer I will kick mself - but what are ABC islands?

They're Dutch, of course. :)

Aruba

Bonaire

Curacao

Just about our favorites.

Every time we go to Curacao, we like it more and more and we've been going there for years.

I love the beaches, food, shopping, weather and people in both Aruba and Curacao.

We love the beautiful clean, clear blue water of Bonaire. It's so clean, the fish swim right up to the sea wall at high tide. No need to bother snorkeling. Fish pretty enough for aquariums swim right up to the edge of the sea wall. Walk along and view them. See the beautiful pelicans and just a brief ride away from where we dock, see pelicans in the wild.

Flamingos, not pelicans. Bonaire is famous for the pink flamingos.

Both. We saw pelicans along the sea wall as we enjoyed a cold drink and watched them dive.

Bonaire has pelicans and flamingos.

(you're right I wrote pelicans twice but meant flamingos in second reference.)

Archived