Balcony vs Window for Alaska

Gresham, I hope you have a wonderful time on the beautiful Navigator. While we did not go to Alaska on her, we did a trip last January to the Western Caribbean and had a window suite. It was quite lovely. As SanFranCruizer said, you will not have the large crowds on the open decks and the ship is small enough that you are never too far from an inviting deck.

We took the San Francisco to Vancouver cruise in May 2006 on the Mariner to celebrate our 25th anniversary. It seems like it wasn't that long ago. I kept a trip journal and "relived" the cruise just this past weekend. While we did enjoy having the balcony, we found that most of our viewing was done from the open decks.

I would love to celebrate our 30th anniversary on Regent, but my DH has patiently been waiting for a reprise of one of our early road trips. We're off to Las Vegas, Grand Teton, Yellowstone and Glacier National park this summer. I'll work on him for a cruise next year!

Well, after reading all these replies...........I'm depressed..... as my first cruise on Regent is in a window cabin. May 1, 2012 SF to AK

Definitely do not be depressed. First of all, you are on the best Alaska itinerary that Regent does (don't tell anyone:-). Nothing can beat the SF to AK cruise.

Well, after reading all these replies...........I'm depressed..... as my first cruise on Regent is in a window cabin. May 1, 2012 SF to AK

I'm on this cruise too! We did spring for a balcony, but it was close--I certainly would have quite easily booked without. Don't despair, Navigator is a lovely ship.

Archived