juice question

does anyone know if there is cranberry juice offered on board? and whether or not it is cranberry juice cocktail? i checked out the juice package and it only offers apple, orange, and grapefruit - i can't drink the citrus juices and really really really don't like apple. plus, i generally only drink 100% juices.

if i decided to bring some on, would small bottles be the way to go, or could i bring on one of the like 64 oz containers for my room?

First the answer the immediate question - There is really no place to keep a large bottle cold. Smaller bottle or boxes kept on ice would be best.

However – there is lots of conflicting info regarding bringing beverages on board. If you cannot be without this juice for the duration of the cruise, then I suggest you contact special needs to see if they suggest a note from your doctor That way you are sure you have what you medically need.

I understand that you cannot drink citrus and do not like apple juice, but if it is not medically necessary for you to have the juice (the reason for the Dr. note) then it may denied. Not liking their offerings is generally not enough to allow you to bring your beverage of choice. We tried and have been denied many times.

Good luck

M

hmm, my diet is not strictly medically necessary (except for the citrus - i get really bad gastric issues) but my lifestyle is more of the issue. i don't drink juices with added sugar or that are not 100% juice. it's more of a preference i guess, but maybe i'll try brining on some boxes - that's a good idea. i have to check to see if i can find 100% cranberry juice boxes. plus, if they don't let me take them on, i'm only out a few bucks.

do you think cans would be better? it seems that a lot of the issue is people trying to bring on alcohol - a sealed can can't be opened and replaced with alcohol. anyone have any experience with juice cans?

i have to check to see if i can find 100% cranberry juice boxes. plus, if they don't let me take them on, i'm only out a few bucks.

You will certainly not find "100% Cranberry Juice." (That would be pretty unpalatable.) All cranberry juice is going to have added sugar in some form or another. If it is "100% Juice", then it will be cranberry blended with some other juice with high sugar content, like apple or grape. I also prefer to go with the ones sweetened with other juices, though. It's still slightly healthier than having the refined sugars added.

Perhaps there are other beverages you can drink while on board your cruise, then you don’t need to bother. I drink low sodium V-8 at home and just do without juice for a week or so when sailing. I never seem to miss it!

Can't really tell you if cans are better than boxes.

does anyone know if there is cranberry juice offered on board? and whether or not it is cranberry juice cocktail? i checked out the juice package and it only offers apple, orange, and grapefruit - i can't drink the citrus juices and really really really don't like apple. plus, i generally only drink 100% juices.

if i decided to bring some on, would small bottles be the way to go, or could i bring on one of the like 64 oz containers for my room?

On recent Oasis cruise my wife could not get any Cranberry juice at all.:mad:

On recent Oasis cruise my wife could not get any Cranberry juice at all.:mad:

That's surprising, as they definitely have it at bars for making drinks like Cosmos. It's probably not a 100% juice version that they use at the bars, but still a cranberry juice cocktail.

hmm, my diet is not strictly medically necessary (except for the citrus - i get really bad gastric issues) but my lifestyle is more of the issue. i don't drink juices with added sugar or that are not 100% juice. it's more of a preference i guess, but maybe i'll try brining on some boxes - that's a good idea. i have to check to see if i can find 100% cranberry juice boxes. plus, if they don't let me take them on, i'm only out a few bucks.

do you think cans would be better? it seems that a lot of the issue is people trying to bring on alcohol - a sealed can can't be opened and replaced with alcohol. anyone have any experience with juice cans?

I would bring a 64oz bottle, it will fit in the refrig at an angle, just not upright. I have seen Ocean Spray 6 packs of Cranberry and Crangrape but never their 100% juice. I think Apple and Eve might have the juice boxes you are looking for though. I just cam back from the grocery store, wish I had seen this before I left, I would have looked for you.:)

That's surprising, as they definitely have it at bars for making drinks like Cosmos. It's probably not a 100% juice version that they use at the bars, but still a cranberry juice cocktail.

Clarification, no CJ for breakfast of lunch. Never considered the bars. The used to serve CJ on prior cruises. I guess cranberries ahve become expensive.

You will certainly not find "100% Cranberry Juice." (That would be pretty unpalatable.) All cranberry juice is going to have added sugar in some form or another. If it is "100% Juice", then it will be cranberry blended with some other juice with high sugar content, like apple or grape. I also prefer to go with the ones sweetened with other juices, though. It's still slightly healthier than having the refined sugars added.

point taken, i misspoke (or miswrote :D) i generally drink 100% juice that's cranberry blended with other berries like strawberries, or with pomegranate. i've been trying to cut out white sugars, refined sugars, and white flour. it means i can't drink any of the cocktail juices :/

i was going to try to be 'good' on the cruise, but it's looking like that may be impossible. i'm not a big fan of water (which is my problem, i know - not royal caribbean's). i get that they're cracking down on those who bring alcohol on board, but it kind of sucks for those of us who have special things we prefer.

point taken, i misspoke (or miswrote :D) i generally drink 100% juice that's cranberry blended with other berries like strawberries, or with pomegranate. i've been trying to cut out white sugars, refined sugars, and white flour. it means i can't drink any of the cocktail juices :/

i was going to try to be 'good' on the cruise, but it's looking like that may be impossible. i'm not a big fan of water (which is my problem, i know - not royal caribbean's). i get that they're cracking down on those who bring alcohol on board, but it kind of sucks for those of us who have special things we prefer.

Apple and Eve has what you are looking for.

http://www.appleandeve.com/our-juices/juice-boxes/naturally-cranberry/

Many parents bring on juice boxes. Put them in your carryon and you should be ok. If you put them in your checked luggage, you might have to go to the naughty room and explain. Easier in the carry on.

I don't add sugar to any of my drinks - so maybe what works for me will work for you?

Make strong herbal tea - the tea bags are free at the buffet coffee stations and in the restaurant. When cools, pour in water bottle, you can add some ice or put it on ice in your room. Or you can drink it hot.

I usualy bring a few bags from home for variety, and they have excellent selection in the supermarkets.

@reallyitsmema - thanks! never thought of apple & eve, they carry at a sort-of local supermarket :D

@dayenu - i could totally do something like that, not a bad idea. i wonder if i can bring a large, empty container and make like a couple of liters at once. they make really good cold brew tea that i actually use on a regular basis. another good idea :D thanks everyone!

Archived