Alcohol packages

:cool:I did notice no RUM on this list. That probably leaves out the Drink of the Day, and after dinner drinks which has cordials. Best option would be for beer drinkers. Personally---I love rum on cruses:cool:

I would say Rum will be included also...Gin, Vodka & Whisky are probably the most purchased spirit by Brits so that is probably why they only mentioned them.

Those aren't full lists, I would be really surprised if they didn't have some rums in both of the liquor packages.

Just checked and indeed Capt. Morgan rum is offered on the "Classic" or middle alcohol pkg on Celeb. If you jump to premium they include Barcadi 8 and Pyrat rums. Pricing is the same as posted by the moderator.

Not to be redundant but I think there are quite a few of us who would like to see this offered fleetwide.

I would like to see this too, but I think even if they did do that, it wouldn't last. Because RCCL isn't as sedated as Celebrity, I think they'd lose $ on this, no?

I am laughing my head off over this, but I think that you meant "sedate" and not "sedated".

:D :D :D :D

Just checked and indeed Capt. Morgan rum is offered on the "Classic" or middle alcohol pkg on Celeb. If you jump to premium they include Barcadi 8 and Pyrat rums. Pricing is the same as posted by the moderator.

Not to be redundant but I think there are quite a few of us who would like to see this offered fleetwide.

I believe this is a trial run...so lets keep fingers crossed it goes well and be later offered fleetwide.:D

New Alcoholic Beverage Packages

As an enhancement to Royal Caribbean International’s beverage program, we are excited to announce the launch of three Beverage Package options, giving our guests a no-hassle way to enjoy an all-inclusive beverage experience during their cruise holiday

Beverage packages are only available to book onboard on the following ships:

Independence of the Seas – available from 14th March 2011

Grandeur of the Seas - available from 13th March 2011

Legend of the Seas – available from 14th March 2011

Our customers will be able to enjoyable paying one set price for a wide variety of beverage choices

Beer Package:In this package customers can enjoy all beer brands onboard, by draft, can or bottle and house wines by the glass. Price: $29.00 per guest, per day

Classic Package:In the package customers can enjoy all of the benefits of the beer package as well as a list of spirits; brand names include Smirnoff, Beefeater and Johnny Walker and cocktails using the selected spirits available. Price $39.00 per guest, per day.

Premium Package:In the package customers can enjoy all of the benefits of the classic package as well as a list of premium spirits; brand names include Absolute, Bombay Sapphire and Johnny Walker Black and cocktails using the selected spirits available. Price $49.00 per guest, per day.

All above prices include gratuities and are based on per guest per day basis.

roflmao.gif

THEY DON'T TRUST AMERICANS!!!!!!!!!

Is the all inclusive offer open to all guests as does not seem to be an option to book or any details on beverage packages

These packages cannot be ordered beforehand...they can only be purchased onboard the ship and will be available to all aged 18yrs (who have the signed waiver) & over :D

These packages cannot be ordered beforehand...they can only be purchased onboard the ship and will be available to all aged 18yrs (who have the signed waiver) & over :D

I'm not sure how it is policed. Wonder if they use some type of wristband or if there is a designation on the seapass card?

When you purchase the Coke pkg in advance it is printed out on your seapass before you even board the ship. That would seem to be the easiest way to me. It is necessary to present your passport when you board so the age restriction should be covered. I don't see the need to sign a waiver just because you are buying drinks in advance.:confused:

I'm not sure how it is policed. Wonder if they use some type of wristband or if there is a designation on the seapass card.

When you purchase the Coke pkg in advance it is printed out on your seapass before you even board the ship. That would seem to be the easiest way to me. It is necessary to present your passport when you board so the age restriction should be covered. I don't see the need to sign a waiver just because you are buying drinks in advance.:confused:

Sticker on Seapass Card...same as Soda Package.

With regards the waiver..that is for guests 18-20 who can then buy alcohol on ships sailing in Europe.

Surprised that the per day prices on classic and premium packages are less than on Celebrity. Would think they'd have to increase the price on RC.

The premium package is the same as Celebrity- $49/day. What's interesting is that what was posted only mentions beer and liquor. I see no mention of bottled water, juice, soda, or specialty coffees, all of which are part of the classic and premium packages on Celebrity. So perhaps the price IS actually higher because it does not also include those things.

I'm not sure how it is policed. Wonder if they use some type of wristband or if there is a designation on the seapass card?

When you purchase the Coke pkg in advance it is printed out on your seapass before you even board the ship. That would seem to be the easiest way to me.

I had a drink package on Celebrity. It's just like the RC soda package as far as being printed on your Seapass.

i just emailed them regarding adding this to their entire fleet. also asking why we can buy wine packages for the room, but not a bottle for the room. and asking for in-room mini bars:) stay tuned!!

I just emailed Adam Golstein's and Richard Fain's email, as well as Crown and Anchor. Hoping they may decide to expand this before our cruise on Allure at the end of this month!!!

I had a drink package on Celebrity. It's just like the RC soda package as far as being printed on your Seapass.

Did you purchase the drink pkg in advance or while onboard? If you did purchase onboard did they give you a sticker or just print you a new pass with the designation on it.

When my wife purchased the Coke pkg before boarding, it was printed right on her seapass. When she purchases it from one of the bar staff on board, they just put a sticker on her card. The sticker takes a beating during the course of a cruise.

Thanks Liz, quite a lot to digest before May. had a look at the celebrity packages and you can order them online up to 4 days before your cruise. Also soft drinks are included with there alcohol packages.

That would make more sense it would give you another choice other than alcohol to consume each day.

Sandra

I was really hoping RCI would offer these drinks packages and now I hope they include Brilliance before our June Med cruise.

These packages are great. We had the Classic package on the =X= Eclipse last year and saved heaps of money :D

We were able to purchase our package before our cruise and it was printed on our card. Those that purchased on board had a sticker on their card.

Archived