Alcohol packages

Just been on the RCI site and under Gold Anchor news they are advertising packages to make your cruise all inclusive.

Prices $29 for all beers Draft and bottle and all wines by the glass

$39 to include above plus spirits and cocktails

$49 for premium.

Sounds good but a few ? how is this working on Celebrity? I have worked out that if you buy 1 package at $29 and 1at $39 for a 14nt cruise you would have to spend over £15 to break even. Easy done if you can get wine by the glass in the dining room.

Any thoughts, is this a worthwhile investment? what restrictions are there?

At the moment it is only on Independence an two other ships in the Med.

Am I missing anything here or does this sound like a good idea?

Hello

See photo below for additional info. Hope it helps. I'll be taking advantage of it

untitled1111111.jpg

Hello

See photo below for additional info. Hope it helps. I'll be taking advantage of it

untitled1111111.jpg

Hi, where did you grab this photo from? We've written a story on the new package and would like to include this art.

Thanks,

Dan

Hi, where did you grab this photo from? We've written a story on the new package and would like to include this art.

Thanks,

Dan

I got it from RCCL UK. We sail on IOS 25th March. Do you need the picture or can you grab it from the photo store?

How would RCI (and how do other lines) control this? By that I mean I buy a beer..I hand it off and purchase another drink at different bar or from a bar waiter walking around. What if I pound that beer and want another one right away (it's been known to happen)? There has to be some sort of time in between that when swiped it won't let you buy one, right?

I know the soda package has the chip in the cups for the fountain machines, but if you go to a bar they don't have any restrictions there do they?

How would RCI (and how do other lines) control this? By that I mean I buy a beer..I hand it off and purchase another drink at different bar or from a bar waiter walking around.

When we had the package on Celebrity we were told we could only order one drink at a time, even if one drink was non-alcoholic (I tried to get a Bloody Mary and a bottle of water, since bottled water etc. was included in the Celebrity package. Really, it was no big deal. But we did hear that if you tried to use your card again for a drink within 10 minutes (I think) it wouldn't work. We didn't bother to test that so I don't know how true it was, but it makes sense.

Long overdue. It's just too bad it won't be available for our next cruise on Explorer in July.

I could easily do the $40 plan when you consider that glass of wine at dinner or beer at poolside that I would normally abstain from to stay on budget.

The DW, on the other hand, would definitely have to stick with "pay as you go".

When we had the package on Celebrity we were told we could only order one drink at a time, even if one drink was non-alcoholic (I tried to get a Bloody Mary and a bottle of water, since bottled water etc. was included in the Celebrity package. Really, it was no big deal. But we did hear that if you tried to use your card again for a drink within 10 minutes (I think) it wouldn't work. We didn't bother to test that so I don't know how true it was, but it makes sense.

When I cruised Celebrity last year, I had the Beer package. On one day at sea, I went up to a bartender and asked if I could have a bucket. He said sure and swiped my card 5 times. I had to sign all 5 slips.

Tried to get a bucket the next day with a different bartender but he would not give me one.

So in my experience there is no time limit between drinks.

• 6 months later...

Hi we are on the sailing above and cant seem to find anyone else who is. I can confirm that RC has confirmed to us that the 29/36/49 drinks package is available but can only be booked on board. Unlimited, however I am told the the 15% tax is on top of the $ price per day - still seems good value to us. Cant wait. anyone else on board. Marty & Tracy

I use this feature when on X and love it. They are 49 for the premium alchohol package plus 15% grats making it $56.35 per person per day. On X it includes all packages below it which of course includes soft drinks and coffee. Here's how my beverage day went.

Latte or espresso with breakfast.........$5.00

Wine with lunch...............................$8.00

A couple of frozen drinks by the pool..$20.00

A double espresso to stay awake........$8.00

Champaign on balcony before dinner...$10.00

Wine with dinner, two glasses............$20.00

Scotch while playing BJ, 2 or 3...........$30.00

Total............................................$101.00

This seems like a lot of drinking but it is spread out over 15 or 16 hours. I can keep this up for 3 or 4 days, around day # 5 my booze consumtion goes down by several drinks per day but I will drink more sodas and coffee. It is definately worth the money and the fact that you are not signing evey time you make a drink purchase is pretty cool. More like a true "all inclusive" experience.

Crown & Anchor Society - crownandanchor@rccl.com

Adam Goldstein (President/CEO of RCCL) - agoldstein@rccl.com

Richard Fain (President/CEO of RCI) - rfain@rccl.com

Thanks I too have sent my emails off, having had the all inclusive last year on M.S.C for our 18 day cruise I can vouch for it being one of the best things to be introduced and it makes everything so much less hassle no finding your glasses so you can read what you are signing or having to check your billing every day or so and no getting the recipte mixed up when you have a party of 8 all ordering drinks at the same time.

And he nearly fell over...until I said it isn't our sailing:(
For those of us who have several cocktails/day it is a terrific deal...
SHOOT!
(gonna have to shoot off some emails!)

Archived