Alcohol packages

Originally Posted by dzcruisers viewpost.gif

Will these packages include coffees, water and soda like the ones on X do? Thanks in advance for answering.

No these packages don't include soda, speciality coffees, non alcoholic drinks, bottled water or juice.

Are you positive about that? On Celebrity when you purchase the alcohol package it allows you to get the specialty coffees, bottled water etc. Because the pricing is so similar to Celebrity I'd assume that it would be the same here.

Will these packages include coffees, water and soda like the ones on X do? Thanks in advance for answering.

Are you positive about that? On Celebrity when you purchase the alcohol package it allows you to get the specialty coffees, bottled water etc. Because the pricing is so similar to Celebrity I'd assume that it would be the same here.

But Celebrity states that in their description. RC does not.

No these packages don't include soda, speciality coffees, non alcoholic drinks, bottled water or juice.

Well that stinks! I'm not a big specialty coffee drinker but when I was on the Eclipse I got one every afternoon because they were free! :D

Sorry Kristi ..I am positive on that.

We are due to cruise for 11 nights on the Indy in October.

I am very happy to see the new drinks packages and think that for anyone who does like to have a drink whilst on holiday ( we do) they are very good value.

At around $8 for a glass of wine/beer/ cocktail you only need to have more than 4 drinks to get your monies worth.

Although we don't get go over board and get falling over drunk ( too old - can't hack the hangover) We do like to have a cocktail before dinner, a couple of glasses of wine with dinner and a few drinks after in the bar or at the shows.

We will also have no nasty surprises at the end of the cruise as we will know how much we have spent.

I welcome the packages and hope they are still avaiable when we cruise.

Well said - it sounds like a good value to us too, especially since you can order wine with dinner.

We have some time until our next sailing and hope they roll these packages out to other ships as well.

Sorry Kristi ..I am positive on that.

I'm guessing you can get around the soft drinks not being included by ordering, oh say, a rum and coke, but please put the rum in a shot glass and give me the coke in a separate glass. Then either give them back the rum and tell them to dump it, or just tell the bartender to hold the shot. I would think this might change the policy quick enough to include the soft drinks.

;)

Great stuff - really like the sound of this - cant wait to try it on the Grandeur in May!! ;)

I'm guessing you can get around the soft drinks not being included by ordering, oh say, a rum and coke, but please put the rum in a shot glass and give me the coke in a separate glass. Then either give them back the rum and tell them to dump it. I would think this might change the policy quick enough to include the soft drinks.

Long overdue. And this needs to be available on all ships in the RCI fleet.

While they're at it, they need to relax (er, abolish) that antiquated policy of not allowing passengers to bring water and sodas on board.

Oh yeah, the water package needs to allow for unlimited water, not a finite amount, especially since they don't allow water to be brought onboard.

Get with it, RCI....

Wish RC would offer this on all their ships......would book it on the Oasis in April if it were available......seems like it would be so much easier.....not sure I would come out cheaper - but love the idea.:D

What a mishmash of policies Royal Caribbean Cruises has for it's worldwide fleet.

Azamara- Wine with meals for both ships.All-inclusive sometimes on itineraries that are hard to sell.

Celebrity- Beverage packages of all shapes and sizes.

RCI- Similar various beverage packages, but only ships on European itineraries where probably the competition dictates what they have to provide.

Why don't the powers that be just bite the bullet and make all their ships worldwide like their European subsidiaries, Pullmantur and CDF, all-inclusive and price their ships accordingly and compete with the all-inclusive resort market that is cutting into their business.

;)

Great stuff - really like the sound of this - cant wait to try it on the Grandeur in May!! ;)

Sounds like quite a good deal Barbara, at least now i know i can afford to have some wine with my dinner and not have to worry about my bill at the end :)

Did you purchase the drink pkg in advance or while onboard? If you did purchase onboard did they give you a sticker or just print you a new pass with the designation on it.

When my wife purchased the Coke pkg before boarding, it was printed right on her seapass. When she purchases it from one of the bar staff on board, they just put a sticker on her card. The sticker takes a beating during the course of a cruise.

We purchased in advance and the designation was printed on our seapass. It was available onboard up through day 2 or 3 I think; I would guess those people got a sticker on their cards.

I'm guessing you can get around the soft drinks not being included by ordering, oh say, a rum and coke, but please put the rum in a shot glass and give me the coke in a separate glass. Then either give them back the rum and tell them to dump it, or just tell the bartender to hold the shot. I would think this might change the policy quick enough to include the soft drinks.

Or they would quickly change the policy so that it does not apply to shots, only MIXED drinks. :D

What a mishmash of policies Royal Caribbean Cruises has for it's worldwide fleet.

Azamara- Wine with meals for both ships.All-inclusive sometimes on itineraries that are hard to sell.

Celebrity- Beverage packages of all shapes and sizes.

RCI- Similar various beverage packages, but only ships on European itineraries where probably the competition dictates what they have to provide.

Perhaps because these are all separate cruise lines, offering somewhat different products and catering to somewhat different clientele. Same parent company, different products.

Other way round - it's a trial, so they figure if they can make a profit on it out of us booze-swilling Brits, they'll make even more out of you sober Americans ;)

"booze swilling Brits"..hahaha. How about us Americans? Most Americans have at least a 1/4 English or Irish Ancestry. Who do you think populated The US in the early years? And who do you think taught us how to drink? Hahaha!

Archived