Venice Guide

Posaune

I don't know if that's the link the OP was seeking but it appears to be full of great info we can use.

If the OP wants some info about getting to/from the ship using the Princess vaporetto pass, here's that link:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1274540

I don't know if that's the link the OP was seeking but it appears to be full of great info we can use.

I thought so too. It's a great guide for cruise ship passengers in Venice, with lots of excellent detailed maps.

I thought so too. It's a great guide for cruise ship passengers in Venice, with lots of excellent detailed maps.

Tha's exactly the type of info that will help us during our 2nd trip to Venice but 1st time from the sea...Grazie Mille! :D

I forgot to mention, that I used Norton to scan the PDF to see if it was safe & it found no problems.

Thanks everyone! I finally found it on Google and came back to post and the great CruiseCritic friends had also located it. The Thomas_Sheridan site has some great maps and commentary. This is our second trip to Venice, but we are starting there this time where we started in Barcelona before. His charts and pictures will really help with planning.

It got moved by the moderators...suggest you use the search function.

Thanks everyone! I finally found it on Google and came back to post and the great CruiseCritic friends had also located it. The Thomas_Sheridan site has some great maps and commentary. This is our second trip to Venice, but we are starting there this time where we started in Barcelona before. His charts and pictures will really help with planning.

The thread is listed in the Venice ports: Venice/Barcelona Hotel/Travel Guide Tips

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?p=28180588&highlight=#post28180588

If you're looking for some low budget options for Venice, check out the podcasts at Rick Steve's website:

http://www.ricksteves.com/news/travelnews/0602/italy_downloads.htm

They're free tours of St. Marks Basilica, St. Marks Square and the Frari Church. There's also a tour you can use while sitting on a vaporetto that gives you an overview of the Grand Canal.

Archived