Luggage Tags

august1963

Just wondering if these paper luggage tags get ripped off the luggage while they're being handled by the porters. Do you wait and put them on when you get to the port? What works better? Tape or staples?

(First time I've used them)

I always plan on the possibility of wet weather so I fold mine the way they are supposed to be, use clear packing tape on both sides, fold it over the handle and staple the sides and bottom. Remember, your gonna have to take them off before you disembark when they give you the other tags. Personally, the way they handle the luggage at the piers is rough and I wouldn't want mine falling off and having to search for it after boarding. Which is why I always put a note inside the bag with my name, address and boarding info on it.

I print out 2 sets and apply the clear adhesive tape, hole punch and tie on handle with colorful ribbon. I apply the tags at home with with my last name and cell number just in case the airline loses the luggage they can forward it to the ship. The extra set is in my carryon just in case the tags our missing at the airport. Never lose a tag yet.

I had a pkg of laminate sheets from another project, so laminated our tags last year for our Dream cruise, so I am doing the same with our Legend tags this year!

I then punch a hole and attached with these big thick rubber bands that, again, I had from another project!!

I like the idea of adding ribbon to it too!!

I had a pkg of laminate sheets from another project, so laminated our tags last year for our Dream cruise, so I am doing the same with our Legend tags this year!

I then punch a hole and attached with these big thick rubber bands that, again, I had from another project!!

I like the idea of adding ribbon to it too!!

Thank you for this idea. First time cruiser here 26 days to go!!

I'm annal and buy from Wallyworld the laminate sheets and laminate ours, then put one hole in them with a hole punch, then us a ziptie to secure to luggage. They stay on really well and don't have to worry about them getting wet if it should rain.

I cover mine with clear packing tape and use a hole punch to make it easy to secure them to the luggage handles with zip ties - never had an issue. Good luck! :)

This is what we do too.

I don't trust the paper tags. Get real ones from the porters at the pier.

Those are paper too:p

I bought sticker pages at office supplystore (or anyplace that has office supply aisles like walmart or target)...and printed luggage tags out on the printer. Trimmed w scissors, peeled off backing...and attached to baggage.

Archived