Amex Platinum Perks

floridaphilly

Does anyone know why Oceania does not participate in the Amex Platinum Program giving shipboard credits and other amenities? Is there any other program they participate with in order to get some credits or other perks?

If you find the right TA you will get what your looking for.:)

They do not want to pay Amex a fee to do this. After looking at their 1012 summer cruises they may have to re think that. 10 and 12 day cruises do not cut it with me. Sounds like a low end cruise line. The 14 day cruises that they have been offering in the past seems to be what most of their customers wanted. Too bad. :mad:

They do not want to pay Amex a fee to do this. After looking at their 1012 summer cruises they may have to re think that. 10 and 12 day cruises do not cut it with me. Sounds like a low end cruise line. The 14 day cruises that they have been offering in the past seems to be what most of their customers wanted. Too bad. :mad:

I believe that Oceania probably did see a trend toward longer sailings with more diverse ports, so the new schedule was set up to encourage the rising numbers of B2B passengers.

You must admit that a 22 day combined cruise is more doable for most people than a 28 day combination, particularly for North Americans who must then fly to and from Europe.

Does anyone know why Oceania does not participate in the Amex Platinum Program giving shipboard credits and other amenities? Is there any other program they participate with in order to get some credits or other perks?

As stated pick the right TA. Many will give you 10% or greater OBC (less the air cost) or even a cash discount -- compared to the Oceania 2 for 1 fares on their web site,

Tried to get 2 or 3 b/b and found many repeated ports and prices for same just ridiculous. After deciding on 3 b/b including the British Isles we looked carefully at the PH suite on Marina and decided the crowded quarters (compared to OS on R ships) and no good reading lights in the sitting area plus the size of the ship will keep us on land in Spring 2012.

I like the shorter cruises, if they start and/or end in cities where I want to stay. My favorite cruise with Renaissance (before Oceania took over the ships) was a one week cruise to the Baltics with three nights each in Copenhagen and Stockholm, making it a two week experience. A ten night cruise, combined with an extra 4 days or so in Venice, might be just what I want for 2012.

This old Bromide has been floating around forever-

No matter what changes (insert company name here) makes:

30% of the customers will LOVE IT.

30% of the customers will HATE IT.

30% of the customers will not care one way or the other

10% will never be aware that anything changed

Time will tell how this one plays out-

I think when the "glow" of the new ships wears off they will have to look more carefully at itineraries. Right now people just want to be ON the Marina and Riviera even if the itinerary is not perfect. I understand that. I have a friend who booked a Caribbean cruise on the Marina just for the ship -- she hates Caribbean cruises.

I really wanted to sail the Riviera (not the maiden voyage). I was hoping to do the November 2012 TA. (I'm on the Marina TA this November) Ports were few and rather uninteresting. I booked the Regent TA instead. My first Regent cruise.

We did book a 16 day cruise on the Nautica for May 2012 - lots of great ports in 7 countries. We had a hard time finding something of interest. And you are right - the B to B are so repetitive this year. We looked at that too.

I never book a cruise just for the ship. The itinerary has to be there or it's a no go for me. Or there had better be a terrific deal which is certianly not the case with Marina or Riviera. At least not yet.

I never book a cruise just for the ship. The itinerary has to be there or it's a no go for me. Or there had better be a terrific deal which is certianly not the case with Marina or Riviera. At least not yet.

I'm right with you -- which we why we booked the Nautica and Regent for 2012 and not the Riviera. But I suspect there are are many who have read all the marvelous posts about Marina and Riviera and are going to book a cruise on one of the two even if it is not the itinerary they really want -- just to experience those ships.

As stated pick the right TA. Many will give you 10% or greater OBC (less the air cost) or even a cash discount -- compared to the Oceania 2 for 1 fares on their web site,

Back to the OP's topic ... Of course on (for example) Silversea and Windstar, you get both with the right TA!

Archived