Summit- deadline to board ship in port

marys350

Hi,

Have sailed on Royal Caribbean for a number of Caribbean cruises and we had to be back onboard 30 minutes before the ship was scheduled to leave each port.

We're sailing on the Summit's repositioning cruise on April 30. The ship is scheduled to be in St. Thomas, docked 8:00-5:00. Does anybody know at what time we'd need to be back on the ship? We're planning to go on a private excursion that is due to arrive back at the Yacht Haven Grande Marina, which is only a short walk back to Havensight Cruise Terminal, at 4:00. Just want to make sure that we'll be back in time for sailaway.

Thanks for your help,

Mary

Hi,

Have sailed on Royal Caribbean for a number of Caribbean cruises and we had to be back onboard 30 minutes before the ship was scheduled to leave each port.

We're sailing on the Summit's repositioning cruise on April 30. The ship is scheduled to be in St. Thomas, docked 8:00-5:00. Does anybody know at what time we'd need to be back on the ship? We're planning to go on a private excursion that is due to arrive back at the Yacht Haven Grande Marina, which is only a short walk back to Havensight Cruise Terminal, at 4:00. Just want to make sure that we'll be back in time for sailaway.

Thanks for your help,

Mary

Hi Mary,:) there will be a sign posted at the gangway with the time

that you need to be back. I agree with Kirk, (hi Kirk:)) and it is

usually 30 minutes before sailing. 4:00 sounds good to me!

Kirk and Lois,

Thanks for your feedback. I thought that I should be okay if my excursion was back to port by 4:00, but just wanted to make sure by checking with cruisers who had been on Summit before.

Thanks again,

Mary

Celebrity always has a last on board of 15 min before sailing.

We never like to cut it anywhere that close - especially on a private excursion.

I know you said that you are walking, but for the benefit of others I'll point out that St. Thomas has some very bad traffic which gets beyond bad when there are lots of ships in port - so allow extra time for your cab or driver to get back to the ship.

Archived