Stateroom Question - Wall Clocks in SS/SZ's?

WeLoveCruising

Hi,

Excited to say we're returning after a 2 year break to sail again on HAL. We'll be on the Zuiderdam upcoming cruise.

We're experienced HAL cruisers, but I cant for the life of me remember if the SS's have wall clocks. I know the deluxe suites do, and the other staterooms dont (unless this changed?). I'm asking because I always pack our travel clock unless we're in a deluxe suite. I've only been in an SS one other time because we usually sailed the S and R class ships, so I'm unsure if I need to pack my travel clock or not for the SS?

Thanks!

Hi,

Excited to say we're returning after a 2 year break to sail again on HAL. We'll be on the Zuiderdam upcoming cruise.

We're experienced HAL cruisers, but I cant for the life of me remember if the SS's have wall clocks. I know the deluxe suites do, and the other staterooms dont (unless this changed?). I'm asking because I always pack our travel clock unless we're in a deluxe suite. I've only been in an SS one other time because we usually sailed the S and R class ships, so I'm unsure if I need to pack my travel clock or not for the SS?

Thanks!

Looking at photos of SY and SZ class on Deck 6 Zuiderdam, I do not see any wall clocks: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/Deck-6.html

Nor on Deck 8's SS staterooms: http://joanjett2000.topcities.com/HAL/Zuiderdam/Deck-8.html

We always bring a travel clock anyway since the ships electricity fluctuates enough to not always have the clocks correct.

Joanie

Clocks are in the deluxe verandah suites and the penthouse only to the best of my knowledge. My friends had the superior verandah and I don't remember seeing a clock there.

The ship does wake up calls, so as long as you wear a watch, you will be fine :)

We've only been in one SS on the Oosterdam but looking through my photos just now I don't see a clock anywhere. We always have our travel clock so I've really not paid much attention. It time checks off of satellites and while not perfect in the Caribbean it does a remarkably good job of keeping up with time changes.

Archived