2011 Stockholm ship arrivals and berth info.

Greetings,

I have created a calendar listing all ship arrivals and their scheduled berths. This should make it much easier to plan your trip.

The first major arrival is May 3rd.

2011 Stockholm arrival calendar

Hers hoping for a wonderful 2011 season.

Al

Great page, Al! But I don't see the Celebrity Eclipse listed. We are scheduled to be in Stockholm on Monday, May 30th.

Carolyn

Thanks, Al.

I am assuming that this does not include those unlucky ones, like me, tendering in Nynashamn.

Any idea how many passengers the four ships on June 30 will disgorge? Adding the 2000 from the NCL Sun that day and it looks like a busy day at the Vasa.

Greetings,

I have created a calendar listing all ship arrivals and their scheduled berths. This should make it much easier to plan your trip.

The first major arrival is May 3rd.

2011 Stockholm arrival calendar

Hers hoping for a wonderful 2011 season.

Al

Thank you so much, for some reason I thought the constellation arrived in Frihamnen on Sunday the 19th, and that seemed much more difficult.

Great page, Al! But I don't see the Celebrity Eclipse listed. We are scheduled to be in Stockholm on Monday, May 30th.

Carolyn

The Eclipse is there, I remember putting it in several times, however, I did miss May 30th, thanks for pointing that out. By the way, on may 30th the Eclipse is scheduled for Frihamnen.

Al

Thanks, Al.

I am assuming that this does not include those unlucky ones, like me, tendering in Nynashamn.

Any idea how many passengers the four ships on June 30 will disgorge? Adding the 2000 from the NCL Sun that day and it looks like a busy day at the Vasa.

I believe you mean June 29th. I will add the unlucky NCL and Eurodam Nynäshamn groups to the calendar.

And wow, that is a really big day for Stockholm. There will be a LOT of cruisers in town, big lines at the VASA and all over. 2000 PAX from the Aidablu, 3000 from the Emerald Princess, 1,700 on the Grand Mistral, and the 2000 from the Sun ... oh my.

My advice for that day if you are on NCL, go ahead and bite the bullet and take a ship's tour.

Good luck,

Al

I believe you mean June 29th. I will add the unlucky NCL and Eurodam Nynäshamn groups to the calendar.

And wow, that is a really big day for Stockholm. There will be a LOT of cruisers in town, big lines at the VASA and all over. 2000 PAX from the Aidablu, 3000 from the Emerald Princess, 1,700 on the Grand Mistral, and the 2000 from the Sun ... oh my.

My advice for that day if you are on NCL, go ahead and bite the bullet and take a ship's tour.

Good luck,

Al

Yes, I meant June 29th. Not really excited about the ship's tour as it returns to the ship at 3:30 for a 6:00 PM sailing, and a taxi could squeeze a bit more time out of our stay, but I may just have to bite the bullet. We dock at 7 AM in Nynashamn and have priority disembarkation tickets as suite passengers, so we can get off the ship fairly early. Does that change your advice? Do tour groups have priority entrance to the VASA - a benefit we would lack with a taxi? If not, another choice is the NCL DIY Stockholm offering at $49.

BTW, though the passenger load is pretty large, it is small compared to some of the Caribbean ports - as an example, there were over 20,000 in St. Thomas when we were there last spring - 7 ships. Our captain flipped our St. Thomas and Tortola stops to avoid it being worse as we were set to be in St. Thomas when the Oasis of the Seas was there, and that ship alone had 7,000 or so on board.

So, I think Stockholm as a whole is probably plenty large to handle the influx, but with the VASA being such a draw getting there as early as possible is important, I think.

Al,

our cruise ends in Stockholm at Frihamnen. We need transportation to our hotel (by the Central Station). Should we arrange for taxi pickup or can we rely on legitimate (not "black") taxis to be at the dock?

Thanks.

Al,

our cruise ends in Stockholm at Frihamnen. We need transportation to our hotel (by the Central Station). Should we arrange for taxi pickup or can we rely on legitimate (not "black") taxis to be at the dock?

Thanks.

I don't get down there much, but the times I have been there to meet ships I have only seen "black taxis". I would definitely call a reputable cab. For some reason the good guys don't wait around the cruise docks, no idea why.

Good luck.

Al

The Eclipse is there, I remember putting it in several times, however, I did miss May 30th, thanks for pointing that out. By the way, on may 30th the Eclipse is scheduled for Frihamnen.

Al

Al,

Glad to be of help, and thank you again. Carolyn

Al

Hello Al, Thanks so much for the info, I did notice the Eurodam will be docked at Stadsgarden on July 18th. This is my first time in Stockholm and was wondering if this was a good location downtown. Were hoping to get to the Vasa & Gamla Stan easier and quicker from here. Thanks for the help, John

Hello Al, Thanks so much for the info, I did notice the Eurodam will be docked at Stadsgarden on July 18th. This is my first time in Stockholm and was wondering if this was a good location downtown. Were hoping to get to the Vasa & Gamla Stan easier and quicker from here. Thanks for the help, John

It seems the Eurodam is using Nynäshamn only on June 3rd and August 21.

Yes, Stadsgården 167 is a good location right downtown.

enjoy,

Al

On my itinerary the Eurodam is in Stockholm (via Nynashamn) on May 31, which seems to have eleven (!) ships in port.

Thanks for collecting all this information, very useful - and gives me time to psych myself for the mobs at the Vasa, etc.

The calendar I put together only includes the big cruise lines. The other ships you may see are more or less regular traffic from the various ferry companies that serve Helsinki, Talin, Riga etc.

It will indeed be a busy day at the tourist attractions.

Good luck,

Al

That's because the Insignia arrives on the 21st and stays till the 23rd.

Al,

Is that the same reason why the Insignia is listed "in port" on July 24? We are boarding the ship on the 25th and leaving Stockholm on the 26th of July.

Also is the port listed for our departure close to the downtown area? we are staying at the Rival Hotel at "Mariatorget 3 Stockholm", is the hotel in a good location for sightseeing? We will be in Stockholm 4 days before going on the cruise.

Thank you

Al,

Is that the same reason why the Insignia is listed "in port" on July 24? We are boarding the ship on the 25th and leaving Stockholm on the 26th of July.

Also is the port listed for our departure close to the downtown area? we are staying at the Rival Hotel at "Mariatorget 3 Stockholm", is the hotel in a good location for sightseeing? We will be in Stockholm 4 days before going on the cruise.

Thank you

The Insignia is obviously giving their pax a nice taste of Stockholm. I only put the arrival dates on the calendar.

Ah, the Rival. Nice hotel. You may not know this but the owner of that hotel is Benny Andersson, one of the two guys from ABBA. It is a really nice hotel, kind of a well kept secret on Södermalm, but top celebs have been known to stay there. We are good friends with the concierge at the Rival, say hi to Shawn.

There is a subway station just across the park and buses 55 and 43 are very near, or just an 10-15 minute walk to Slussen, the ferry to Vasa and Old Town.

Have a great time.

Al

The Insignia is obviously giving their pax a nice taste of Stockholm. I only put the arrival dates on the calendar.

Ah, the Rival. Nice hotel. You may not know this but the owner of that hotel is Benny Andersson, one of the two guys from ABBA. It is a really nice hotel, kind of a well kept secret on Södermalm, but top celebs have been known to stay there. We are good friends with the concierge at the Rival, say hi to Shawn.

There is a subway station just across the park and buses 55 and 43 are very near, or just an 10-15 minute walk to Slussen, the ferry to Vasa and Old Town.

Have a great time.

Al

Thank you Al for the information... So glad to hear that we picked a nice hotel. We had read about the owner and are looking forward to staying there. If I say hi to Shawn, the concierge at the Rival will he give us an upgrade? Just kidding.

How far is it from the hotel to the port where the Insignia will be docked?

I don't see Celebrity Constellation. We are there on July 1, 2011.

As you can see from the calendar there were a lot of ships to put in, I was bleery eyed and obviously missed a couple.

The Connie is scheduled for Frihamnen 638.

Al

Archived