2013 caribbean schedule

patterson3

• 4 weeks later...
When will the schedule be released?

Hi Packedandready !

I was told the Caribbean itineraries are scheduled to be open for sale on April 20th. Most of the 2012/2013 Caribbean itineraries are known to Captains Club, and there's further information on this thread : http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=1380217&page=8

An interesting side note : I called Captains Club yesterday to ask about an Eclipse sailing. The associate claimed she was able to make a booking. I'm not certain if this is fact, but you may wish to call Captains Club for itinerary information - it's there for the asking.

I hope this helps !

With the release of the 2013 caribbean schedule approaching, does anyone expect any new ports? Do you think Labadee will be added again (after pretty much disappearing from Celebrity's schedules in '11 and '12)?

Hi Patterson !

As far as "new" ports, I'm not seeing too much. The big one is Falmouth, Jamaica which is a Brand New port. Royal Caribbean invested a large amount of money in the construction of this port, so it makes sense to see Celebrity sail there.

Hi Patterson !

As far as "new" ports, I'm not seeing too much. The big one is Falmouth, Jamaica which is a Brand New port. Royal Caribbean invested a large amount of money in the construction of this port, so it makes sense to see Celebrity sail there.

Thanks Andy. I'm guessing the Silhoutte's western caribbean will consist of Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman and Cozumel while the eastern caribbean will be almost identical to Reflection's (San Juan, St. Maarten and either St. Thomas or St. Kitts)???

I was just on the Eclipse Western Caribbean and I really enjoyed Costa Maya and Roatan. Based on some articles I read (think USA Today) it sounds like those ports will be dropped for Falmouth and Labadee.

I don't know anything about Labadee so I would give it the benefit of the doubt, but I do know that I have twice been to Ocho Rios and I have absolutely zero desire to ever set foot on Jamaica again.

Pushy people trying to sell you things, some legal, most not.

Thanks Andy. I'm guessing the Silhoutte's western caribbean will consist of Labadee, Falmouth, Grand Cayman and Cozumel while the eastern caribbean will be almost identical to Reflection's (San Juan, St. Maarten and either St. Thomas or St. Kitts)???

Hi Patterson !

Here's Silhouette's Western Caribbean itinerary - it seems Roatan & Costa Maya have been replaced with Falmouth & Labadee :

Ft Lauderdale

Sea Day

Cozumel

Grand Cayman

Falmouth

Labadee

Sea Day

Ft Lauderdale

I was told the Eastern Caribbean itinerary is not in their system. I hope this helps !

Hi Patterson !

Here's Silhouette's Western Caribbean itinerary - it seems Roatan & Costa Maya have been replaced with Falmouth & Labadee :

Ft Lauderdale

Sea Day

Cozumel

Grand Cayman

Falmouth

Labadee

Sea Day

Ft Lauderdale

I was told the Eastern Caribbean itinerary is not in their system. I hope this helps !

Thank you. I'm waiting till they release their eastern caribbean schedule to decide between Reflection's San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Kitts itinerary or the Silhoutte's....If it's the same, I'll probably go with Reflection since it's a newer ship, but we'll see. It would be nice if (like in the Solstice's first season) they had an eastern caribbean with 4 ports (IE San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Kitts or St. Thomas and Labadee).....

I called yesterday trying to get a definite set of dates for Eclipse (14 day)..but was told nothing is ready to book or for info-- Andy, you must have special pull!!!;)

We are waiting to see what is listed.... 14 days is long but seems like our best bet at this point...we can always stay on board in some of less fav ports.

I called yesterday trying to get a definite set of dates for Eclipse (14 day)..but was told nothing is ready to book or for info-- Andy, you must have special pull!!!;)

We are waiting to see what is listed.... 14 days is long but seems like our best bet at this point...we can always stay on board in some of less fav ports.

Hi Hcat !

Must be the luck of the draw who you speak with :). I was told the full set of Eclipse dates were known for Winter 2012/2013. The first 14 night sailing is 11/17/12. However, according to Celebrity's Press Release, there should be an 8 night Eastern Caribbean sailing from FLL on 11/9/12.

Here's what I have for Eclipse's 14 night sailings. I believe that most of the itineraries should be similar to the 11/17/12 sailing, but I'm not positive on this :

Celebrity Eclipse 11/17/12

14 night Exotic Southern Caribbean

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Charlotte Amalie, St. Thomas

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

St. Johns, Antigua

Castries, St. Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

St. George's, Grenada

Willemstad, Curacao

Oranjestad, Aruba

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Celebrity Eclipse 12/29/12- 01/12/13

14 night Southern Caribbean - Holiday Cruise

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Labadee, Haiti

Philipsburg, St. Maarten

St. Johns, Antigua

Castries, St. Lucia

Bridgetown, Barbados

St. George's, Grenada

Willemstad, Curacao

Oranjestad, Aruba

Ft. Lauderdale, FL

Thank you. I'm waiting till they release their eastern caribbean schedule to decide between Reflection's San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Kitts itinerary or the Silhoutte's....If it's the same, I'll probably go with Reflection since it's a newer ship, but we'll see. It would be nice if (like in the Solstice's first season) they had an eastern caribbean with 4 ports (IE San Juan, St. Maarten, St. Kitts or St. Thomas and Labadee).....

If Silhouette and Reflection had the same itinerary, that is an easy choice. Take Silhouette. I am really worried about how the increase in the number of passengers will impact the congestion on Reflection. More passengers and the same amount of public space means less public space per passenger. More crowded in the buffet, the theatre, the pool.

If Silhouette and Reflection had the same itinerary, that is an easy choice. Take Silhouette. I am really worried about how the increase in the number of passengers will impact the congestion on Reflection. More passengers and the same amount of public space means less public space per passenger. More crowded in the buffet, the theatre, the pool.

That's a very good point, wanderlust. My first instinct was to jump at the chance to sail on the newer ship, but there could be two negatives to doing that- more people, as you pointed out and since it's the Reflection's first season the prices could be higher than similar cruises on other ships.

Plus, even though the Reflection will be brand new, it's not like the Silhoutte is going to be rundown by early 2013!!!

By the way, how many more passengers is the Reflection going to hold than the Silhoutte?

That's a very good point, wanderlust. My first instinct was to jump at the chance to sail on the newer ship, but there could be two negatives to doing that- more people, as you pointed out and since it's the Reflection's first season the prices could be higher than similar cruises on other ships.

Plus, even though the Reflection will be brand new, it's not like the Silhoutte is going to be rundown by early 2013!!!

By the way, how many more passengers is the Reflection going to hold than the Silhoutte?

5% more. Perhaps it won't feel more crowded, but 146 more people is still more people. (Especially if a few of them end up being the chair hogs on the cruise!)

I found the article that I read the other day. They cite 3,030 passengers on Celebrity Reflection and 2,884 passengers on Celebrity Silhouette.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/04/celebrity-cruises-caribbean-cruise-ship-itineraries-2012-2013/155567/1

5% more. Perhaps it won't feel more crowded, but 146 more people is still more people. (Especially if a few of them end up being the chair hogs on the cruise!)

I found the article that I read the other day. They cite 3,030 passengers on Celebrity Reflection and 2,884 passengers on Celebrity Silhouette.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/04/celebrity-cruises-caribbean-cruise-ship-itineraries-2012-2013/155567/1

Thanks!

Then again, this other article mentions that there will be more room. I am not sure if I am convinced. If true, it would have been nice for them to have presented more accurate deck plans.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/04/celebrity-ceo-kicks-off-production-of-final-solstice-class-ship/150306/1

"The 126,000-ton ship (4,000 tons more than the other Solstice-class ships) will also have extra seats in its theater and restaurants, and hundreds more lounge chairs on an expanded pool deck."

Then again, this other article mentions that there will be more room. I am not sure if I am convinced. If true, it would have been nice for them to have presented more accurate deck plans.

http://travel.usatoday.com/cruises/post/2011/04/celebrity-ceo-kicks-off-production-of-final-solstice-class-ship/150306/1

"The 126,000-ton ship (4,000 tons more than the other Solstice-class ships) will also have extra seats in its theater and restaurants, and hundreds more lounge chairs on an expanded pool deck."

But i have found nothing about whether or not the pools themselves will be larger-- on sunny sea days the pools on S class ships are packed like a can of sardines... we go out very early & leave when they start the loud pool games!!!

We will take the short cruise on Reflection to check her out, but will book our long cruise on Eclipse..can't wait for those scheules to b eposted....

Archived