Windjammer Dinner questions

Perki

Hubby and I are looking to go pretty casual this time around when we cruise, and may want to check out the Windjammer for dinner but we are not sure what to expect. Is there a set menu or did I read correctly that it is nearly the same menu as what is being served that night in the Main Dining Room just that some of the items are buffet style instead of being served to you? If anyone has done dinner can you please share your experience on either Oasis or Allure. Thank you!

Windjammer will have the normal buffet stations set up and will have two or three of the entrees that are being served in MDR. I also found that they sometimes will have the same menu as MDR the following day. I have chicken Marlsala for dinner in MDR; and lo and behold it was served for lunch in Windjammer the next day.

ps. one thing I noticed on Allure; they don't post the MDR menu outside the dining rooms anymore.

...just that some of the items are buffet style instead of being served to you?

All of the items are buffet style. None of them are served to you. Waiters can get your drinks but it's still a buffet.

You will find some of the same items but not all of them. For the life of us, we couldn't find the cold fruit soups in big pots on Oasis, like they have on other ships. Obviously, lobster is not available.

WJ is a nice casual dinner option; it's very relaxing at night. :)

Windjammer will have the normal buffet stations set up and will have two or three of the entrees that are being served in MDR. I also found that they sometimes will have the same menu as MDR the following day. I have chicken Marlsala for dinner in MDR; and lo and behold it was served for lunch in Windjammer the next day.

ps. one thing I noticed on Allure; they don't post the MDR menu outside the dining rooms anymore.

Agreed with everything about dinner in the Windjammer and will add that it is relaxing, you get some table service with drinks. But as for the last bigt about not posting dinner menus, is that because they are on the TV and other informational stations?

thanks for all the info! I love the chilled fruit soups always look forward to them on cruises, just something I don't eat at home. guess we'll just play it by ear and see where we end up for dinner, sooooo many options!

Archived