If Carnival and Royal Caribbean were the same price what line would you pick?

For us, it all depends on itinerary. We live in Florida and can go to beaches and do water activities anytime. So I prefer cruise lines/itineraries that do not have their own "island". We prefer ports that allow us to see Mayan Ruins, culture, etc. Activities we can't do in FL.

It would completely depend on the itinerary, then the ship. I have not been on Oasis class, but want to try it out, although I think it is just too many people.

If it is between any Carnival ship and the Radiance class, Radiance all the way. Awesome ships without the mall/amusement park feel.

I would pick any Fantasy class ship on Carnival that has had the Adult Serenity upgrades (is that all of them now?). For me, the smaller the ship the better and while Fantasy class ships are really too big too, they're better than the God-awful behemoths coming out now. DH and I cruise 100% for R-n-R so "having stuff to do" is completely irrelevant for me. I don't need bells, whistles, or "new and shiny" to make or break a cruise. I need a room (preferably a balcony), a quiet area to take in a good book and the sun, and yummy food. Carnival delivers all that. Now, if they would just build a ship about 20,000 tons that sails week long cruises to nowhere, it would be 100% perfect for me!!

I want what they are drinking.....:cool:

The $399 Oasis rates where their Tuesday sales, which you cant price match to (Carnival seems to be moving in that direction to me) ...they are like Carnival's pack n go rates, but often to me a little better than Carnival's last minute rates.

Its strictly for new bookings only when they do the Tuesday last minute sales.

You could also pick any ship. example dream would be same price as oasis. lol

If it were same price and same itenerary I would still go with Carnival hands down. Love the ships and haven't had a bad cruise yet - if it ain't broke don't fix it. I've always observed that CCL and RCCL are usually about the same price if you're comparing similar iteneraries. Maybe with RCCL being a slight bit higher at times but not enough to make a huge difference with me.

Carnival for sure. My 2 trips on RCCL were average to below average. Food not as good as Carnival, smaller rooms and the decor was old and not flashy. RCCL is more of a shopping mall on the ocean, NO thanks. I will take the fun ship every time over RCCL.;)

My thoughts exactly except I only made it on RCI once. No need to do it again. Oasis would be fun to see, but I would not want to sail on it. Too big for me. I also don't need all the extras.

I would pick any Fantasy class ship on Carnival that has had the Adult Serenity upgrades (is that all of them now?). For me, the smaller the ship the better and while Fantasy class ships are really too big too, they're better than the God-awful behemoths coming out now. DH and I cruise 100% for R-n-R so "having stuff to do" is completely irrelevant for me. I don't need bells, whistles, or "new and shiny" to make or break a cruise. I need a room (preferably a balcony), a quiet area to take in a good book and the sun, and yummy food. Carnival delivers all that. Now, if they would just build a ship about 20,000 tons that sails week long cruises to nowhere, it would be 100% perfect for me!!

Sounds like you need to look at some of the luxury lines (not the upsacle but the true luxury ones). They provide all you want and more, but they do cost more (like 3X -5X what you pay for a week on Carnival.)

RCCL. I have been on both RCCL and Carnival with the last time on RCCL Liberty of the Seas. It was a beautiful ship with so much to do we didn't even get to everything. In fact, we are going on Allure in 6 months. I do like Carnival but if the prices were the same or even just close I would absolutely pick RCCL

You could also pick any ship. example dream would be same price as oasis. lol

BOTH!!! Because I like to experience the different cruise lines. We have mostly sailed on Carnival except for one Royal cruise on the Momarch. Eventually I want to try them all. Doin the Disney Dream in Oct. even though we have no young ones.

If there is a same price /same itinerary date for CCL or RCCL I'd like to know about it!! What I've seen is similar itinerary with RCCL being the higher price.

But seriously, we'd choose CCL. We don't dislike any line and our order of preference is CCL, NCL, Princess, RCCL, Celebrity,HAL.

Archived