Question Mariner Status Discounts and Prebooking Pinnacle

WeLoveCruising

Hi,

We haven't sailed on HAL since they started the levels of Mariner stars and rewards. We are 3 star Mariners, which I think entitles us to 25% off in the Pinnacle Grill (?).

My question is that if it does, how is the discount applied? I booked us for a few Pinnacle dinners and Le Cirque for our upcoming cruise, and pre-paid on the HAL website. I wanted to prebook because we are celebrating a few things onboard so dining the Pinnacle Grill on those nights is important to me. Are we entitled to a 25% discount, and if so how does it work with prepaid dinner reservations? It's not a great deal of money in the grand scheme of vacation, but I am curious.

Thanks

In January on the Zaandam, we had prebooked the PG. (We are 3* Mariners). I checked our charges at the front desk two days after eating at the PG and did not see a credit for 25% as I expected. I pointed it out to the front desk and they said they would need to have the PG manager to apply the credit. I checked on the final bill and we had received the credit.

I suggest talking to the PG Manager when you arrive for dinner and, hopefully, he can apply the credit that night.

we always prebook the specialty restaurants

you do pay the full price when you book

once you have eaten at the specialty restaurant -- you are suppose to get credited on your shipboard ac****

we had no problems with this on any ship until we got on the nieuw amsterdam -- it was a constant battle to get that credit for the pinnacle -- so we just cancelled our remaining prebooked reservations and ate at the tamarind

Be sure to follow up on it before you leave the ship, because we waited too long and didn't check into it still we had returned home and have never got it, even after several e-mails back and forth about it.

I will not ever prebook the pinnacle again.

From the FAQs:

Q: If I qualify for a discount on a pre-purchased online item, when will I receive appropriate discount credit?

A: Your discount credit will be registered when you are on board and will be reflected as a credit on your onboard folio. (Our online purchasing system soon will allow discounts on select items to be credited at time of pre-purchase. Please check back for current status.)

we always prebook the specialty restaurants

you do pay the full price when you book

once you have eaten at the specialty restaurant -- you are suppose to get credited on your shipboard ac****

we had no problems with this on any ship until we got on the nieuw amsterdam -- it was a constant battle to get that credit for the pinnacle -- so we just cancelled our remaining prebooked reservations and ate at the tamarind

We have a few Pinnacle dinners prebooked on the NA and plan to ask the PG manager to apply the credit----will mention the outcome in my observations when we return.

This last week is ticking by so slowly----the day is never going to come.

I prebooked the Pinnacle & the Tamarind on the last cruise. Because we were in a suite, I simply asked the concierge for the credit and it was processed very promptly.

I don't think it is automatic yet, so I would definitely ask - too bad they couldn't fix their website.

We have a few Pinnacle dinners prebooked on the NA and plan to ask the PG manager to apply the credit----will mention the outcome in my observations when we return.

This last week is ticking by so slowly----the day is never going to come.

when we were on the nieuw amsterdam the pinnacle manager's name was Anne -- she seemed like she had not a clue as to what to do

in fact th first couple of mornings we went there for breakfast she was no where to be seen -- never had that on any other ship

also she kept wanting to sit us by the litchen doors and each time we went for dinner the first week we had to keep reminding her that we didn'y like that table

I prebooked the Pinnacle & the Tamarind on the last cruise. Because we were in a suite, I simply asked the concierge for the credit and it was processed very promptly.

I don't think it is automatic yet, so I would definitely ask - too bad they couldn't fix their website.

we drove our concierges nuts the first week asking for our discounts -- thus we just cancelled the pinnacle for the second week

we drove our concierges nuts the first week asking for our discounts -- thus we just cancelled the pinnacle for the second week

I don't blame you. This is why I never prebook. There are many things I like about HAL but sometimes their right hand doesn't know what the left hand is doing. No one should have to fight for this.

it all went back to the pinnacle manager -- she would just take our 'cards' that indicated that we had prebooked the pinnacle and threw them away -- giving no one the credit they were due

fortunately i had copies that we had prepaid for the dinners -- so it took the concierges time checking seattle and the pinnacle manager who had no records

Thanks everyone for your replies. I have experienced the "right hand not knowing what the left hand is doing" many times between the ship and Seattle office, hence the reason I asked the question.

Had I not wanted to secure our spot at the Pinnacle at a certain time and date, I wouldn't have pre-booked. In any event, I'll make sure to ask for the credit but wont let it ruin my time if it becomes too much of a hassle.

Just returned from 2 wk on Statendam--had prebooked pinnacle dinner, did not have "card " for it but credit was applied to final shipboard account.

We also did a LeCirque dinner--if you do the wine with dinner part the 25% discount is only on the dinner...it was FANTASTIC!!!

Archived