Wish RCI could make pizza like this picture

Golden Princess

this was served on princess, best pizza at sea. I want to send this to the miami office and show them this is real " ny style pizza"

Doesn't look as good as pizza on the Monarch! I'm sure it was good but it is just a picture after all. :D

Doesn't look as good as pizza on the Monarch! I'm sure it was good but it is just a picture after all. :D

I have loved the pizza on Monarch, Liberty, Vision and Voyager... That is usually our mid afternoon snack since we have the late dinner. I'm happy with RCI pizza! Just saying! ;)

The pizza on Allure last week looked just like the OP's pix....best pizza I have had on a Royal ship yet.

To me, it seems like the pizza always looks like that. I remember pizza from Cafe Promenade or Sorrentos that come on those red triangle plates looking just like the picture.

I choose to defer to the opinions of the posters from northeast New Jersey and NYC about the pizza, as the North American capital of pizza. I'll still try most every kind, except for areas like Scranton (where I was forewarned about that ?pizza? from good sources).

To me, it seems like the pizza always looks like that. I remember pizza from Cafe Promenade or Sorrentos that come on those red triangle plates looking just like the picture.

That's exactly what I was thinking as well.

I looked at a few of the other pictures in your album, so I'm pretty sure that pizza came from the Horizon Court since you had a picture of the grill that is there also. My husband and I sailed on the Sapphire Princess a few years ago because I had read so many people comment on the great food and how much they loved Personal Choice dining.....

I will never get my husband on a Princess ship again because he was so disappointed. Good luck getting that pizza or those "freshly cooked" burgers and dogs after 6 PM. Horizon Court closes at 6 and since our cabin was on the Lido Deck we had to walk by it dozens of times wishing we could get some of that pizza - BUT IT WAS CLOSED.

The pizza from Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's is quite tasty and is actually available for that late night snack.

Jan

I looked at a few of the other pictures in your album, so I'm pretty sure that pizza came from the Horizon Court since you had a picture of the grill that is there also. My husband and I sailed on the Sapphire Princess a few years ago because I had read so many people comment on the great food and how much they loved Personal Choice dining.....

I will never get my husband on a Princess ship again because he was so disappointed. Good luck getting that pizza or those "freshly cooked" burgers and dogs after 6 PM. Horizon Court closes at 6 and since our cabin was on the Lido Deck we had to walk by it dozens of times wishing we could get some of that pizza - BUT IT WAS CLOSED.

The pizza from Cafe Promenade or Sorrento's is quite tasty and is actually available for that late night snack.

Jan

This is my photo, not the OP's. I got this pizza at Prego Pizzeria, not the Horizon Court. It is located by Neptune's Reef and Pool, next to the Trident Grill. On the Golden Princess, both were open until 11PM.

And on all Princess ships, the Horizon Court buffet does not close at 6PM. It is open 24 hours a day.

Sorry, I stand corrected on the name. You are correct, Horizon Court is the buffet, now that I think about it.

The pizza place and the grill that is on the Lido deck did close at 6 every day on our cruise however.

I usually do not post on negative type threads, because they just get nasty. I just choose to not read them. However one in particular lately was just over the top and it got me particularly riled up. And yes it was a comparison of Royal Caribbean to Princess. Since our experience on Princess was not good (and it wasn't just the pizza thing), I will respond to posts that I have personal knowledge about. Maybe our expectations were too high, since I had talked to people and read about how great it would be. Maybe I'm just not a "Personal Choice" type of girl - don't like Norwegian's "Freestyle" either. But I have never thrown a piece of pizza away because it was inedible while on a ship (on land is a different story.) So I'm just a little tired of all the quibbling.

Maybe I'm in such a bad mood because I have to wait until December before I can cruise again.

Jan

Golden Princess

this was served on princess, best pizza at sea. I want to send this to the miami office and show them this is real " ny style pizza"

Princess Pizza is the best at sea and there is not a close second.

It is better than most land based pizza joints.

I am a self proclaimed expert. :D

Not only is the pizza on Princess terrific, the Trident Grill is also poolside and serves FRESH made burgers and hot dogs. I've only sailed on RCL's Voyager class ships and the pizza offered in the Cafe Promenade look like something I would take out of the microwave at home!

We do love the overall RCL cruise experience, and we find Princess very similar. But, Princess is far superior with their casual pool side dining options.

Golden Princess

It is great pizza....especially in the afternoon at the pool....:)

I don't think this thread was started in an effort to bash RCCL. As a matter of fact, I've seen several threads of late castigating RCCL for a bit of slippage in the food department (I don't agree by the way). Give us better dessert they say. Don't make cuts in the MDR trying to force us into the specialty restaurants they say. All well and good.

But this thread essentially says Princess does pizza better and rather than focus on the pizza, the cruiseline comparisons begin. Some folks really get their hackles up. Cheerleaders are like that. If you can't say anything good...

I have sailed extensively on both lines and there is no comparison between that stuff they try to pass off for pizza at the Promenade Cafe and the hand thrown pizza's on Princess. None! Same with the room service version. No comparison. None! As I mentioned earlier, the same goes for cheesecake; RCCL's version is horrible. Does that mean I don't like the food on RCCL? No! Note that I did not say that food in general is better on Princess. I think both lines do a great job on food in general. Did I say Princess is a better cruise line? No! As a matter of fact, I prefer to cruise with RCCL. They've got the very best ships afloat.

That said, if you don't believe that Princess' pizza is superior to that served by RCCL then either you've never had both or Chef Boyardee is your brother and your taste buds have been ruined! Yes, you are entitled to your opinion as I am to mine. Bon Voyage!

To the person that said the best pizza they have had at sea, was on the Allure - my wife and I thought it was vile.

And to the New Jersey person that said they have the best pizza in the world - really? I have had pizza in New Jersey, and also in Napoli, the home of pizza, and it was undoubtedly the best in the world. I have had pizza in probably around 30 countries, and there's a good chance a large proportion of the other 150 or so countries don't have pizza, so I am fairly certain that's about right.

Archived