Mid September or early October for Mediterranean and Greek Isles Cruise?

VivianK

We're planning Med. and Greek Isles Cruise. Wondering whether Oct 2 departure would be too chilly on sea days and we should book September 8th. I know it's impossible to predict the weather, but if you can give me some opinions, I would appreciate it. Thanks in advance!

It depends on how you are with the heat....Sept. is too hot for me, and we normally go for a week in the Med towards the end of Oct....but that's no use for the sun and sand brigade.

You're heading towards the autumn, and already the sun will only be around for 12 hours, so everywhere is cooling down. The first winds of winter will be stirring, and it's possible that you'll have rain. You'll need a jacket on deck when the ship's moving, and possibly on some port days. It will be fairly quiet in some resorts, as they will be running things down towards the end of a frantic season, but everything will still be open until the end of Oct.

The further south you travel, the warmer it will be, likewise the further north=cooler.

Have a wonderful cruise whenever you go- :)

Jo.

Archived