Celebrity Solstice from outside. Can you see your cabin?

funtom

Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. I'm beginning to waver myself :confused: - I have recently booked cabin 1231 on "Solstice" (second on the slant of the hump forward) because so many people raved about the bigger balcony.

Now, scrutinising the enlargement, the cabin seems to be a bit dark because the balcony is long and narrow and the view seems to be limited to other balconies instead of the free look to the sea I have been hoping for. As I wanted concierge class because of the extra Captain's Club point, my choices are limited, even if there are lots of cabins still to be had for that cruise. Any ideas about that appreciated!

Thanks again - just looking at the pictures brings our Med cruise a bit nearer...

Thanks for sharing your pictures with us:) Solstice is so pretty.

When she is next to Allure she looks so little.........Gosh, those ships are

just too big for me:eek:

I agree. I am booked on Eclipse this fall. does it have the same overhang situation for the penthouse deck? If yes, I am changing my booking to a room that isn't blocked from the sun....

Yes the Penthouse deck is the deck immediately below the overhang so it extends pretty far out. I love the bigger balcony but am not willing to have an overhang for the bigger space.

Awesome! I've been looking for a close up of the hump! I see mine---CS, Sky deck, forward hump! Looks great! Can't wait! :D

Is it CS 1233? I was in that suite in January A-M-A-Z-I-N-G!!

Thank you for sharing these pictures with us. I'm beginning to waver myself :confused: - I have recently booked cabin 1231 on "Solstice" (second on the slant of the hump forward) because so many people raved about the bigger balcony.

Now, scrutinising the enlargement, the cabin seems to be a bit dark because the balcony is long and narrow and the view seems to be limited to other balconies instead of the free look to the sea I have been hoping for. As I wanted concierge class because of the extra Captain's Club point, my choices are limited, even if there are lots of cabins still to be had for that cruise. Any ideas about that appreciated!

Thanks again - just looking at the pictures brings our Med cruise a bit nearer...

Keep that cabin! I was in 1233 in January and the overhang on 1233/1231 is not that bad - it covers the whole balcony but there was plenty of sun. The view down has lifeboats but the view straight out to see is unobstructed. It's a good space in my opinion!

Keep that cabin! I was in 1233 in January and the overhang on 1233/1231 is not that bad - it covers the whole balcony but there was plenty of sun. The view down has lifeboats but the view straight out to see is unobstructed. It's a good space in my opinion!

Thanks for your help. I'm still not sure, but as the cabins on the hump on that deck are suites and the C3 cabins forward might have too much movement - I'm prone to motion sickness :( - I'll heed the advice and keep the cabin. After that cruise we're one point away from elite status and can consider the regular balcony cabins.

Just goes to show that there are cabins for everyone. We LOVE the overhang. Do not bake in the sun - don't want to look 75 when I am 60 and DH is a redhead that can't take the sun. To be able to sit out on the balcony and read in the shade is priceless...... :)

Hi friend,:) you getting excited? I agree about the shade. I live in Florida

and never sit out in the sun here. I forgot to tell you but one of our main

vendors is IP;)

Wow thanks for these! I think you just confirmed my decision to NOT book an AQ hump cabin! The overhang and support poles are not what I want on a balcony!

Do you think that you could hang a hammock from those supports? That would be amazing.

Just goes to show that there are cabins for everyone. We LOVE the overhang. Do not bake in the sun - don't want to look 75 when I am 60 and DH is a redhead that can't take the sun. To be able to sit out on the balcony and read in the shade is priceless...... :)

I agree! I would select a balcony because it had shade, not because it didn't! Also, you can't sit on an uncovered balcony when it's raining.

Thank you for sharing your spectacular photos. What a pretty ship. And Yes, I saw my wonderful aft cabin.

C

You are welcome.

I prefer "deep" balconies that are immediately after the hump (but not those under the overhang).

We had cabin 8257 last year on Solstice. It is the first cabin to the forward side of the hump and had a huge, huge, huge balcony. If you like sun, you can get all you want closer to the railing. If you want shade to read in, you can get that closer to the cabin door. It was NEVER dark in the shaded area, just not as blinding bright as at the very end of the balcony. It was the best cruise we ever had too.

Have a wonderful cruise!

• 1 month later...
We had cabin 8257 last year on Solstice. It is the first cabin to the forward side of the hump and had a huge, huge, huge balcony. If you like sun, you can get all you want closer to the railing. If you want shade to read in, you can get that closer to the cabin door. It was NEVER dark in the shaded area, just not as blinding bright as at the very end of the balcony. It was the best cruise we ever had too.

Have a wonderful cruise!

We just booked 8257 on Eclipse for April 2013 (I know, two years away, but we wanted to grab the cabin while it was available!). Do you have any pictures of the balcony? I've read on several posts about how big it is, that it can accomodate a couple lounges, plus a table and possible another chair or two...is this correct?

Also, is the cabin (inside) a standard size, or is that larger also? On one of the deckplans I saw, it looked like the entire cabin was quite a bit larger than standard.

Any other details you can give would be greatly appreciated....we're so excited!

Thanks,

Lynn

Archived