Clothing for MDR Lunch?

mom22tinks

Anyone know if there is a dress code for the MDR during Lunch? John Heald mentioned on his FB page recently that more people should try it out. Just wanted to know if I can go in my cover up over a suit or not.

same as for dinner. IMO a bathing suit with a cover up is never ok to wear to a meal where you are sitting on chairs in your bathing suit, so this goes everywhere if you are sitting inside...but seriously the MDR is beautiful. would you really go into a fancy restaurant and sit in their cloth chairs in a bathing suit?

You could just pull a pair of shorts on over your bathing suit and eat in the MDR. It might have said long shorts but now they dont seem to care, but at least pull a pair of shorts on over your bottom before you sit in a cloth chair.

True... which really explains why many people don't use it for lunch. I'll have to try at least once to get there,.

After reading the menus on John Heald's facebook we are going to try the MDR. Is the MDR open everyday for lunch or just on sea days?

No wife beater tanks! :D You can wear shorts and flip flops it is very casual for the MDR for lunch but dress as you would to go anywhere for lunch. I love lunch in the MDR sometimes I just get an assortment of salads, soups and apps cause they all look so good and skip the main entrée.

My wife and I love eating breakfast and lunch in the MDR, Main difference is most things are made to order and the service always seems good, it seems a bit more casual than dinner. I usually wear Khaki or Khaki shorts and a polo and my wife throws on a sundress.

Breakfast is open everyday in the MDR, including debarkation day. Lunch it's sea days only. I don't think a cover up over a bathing suit is suitable at all, but a nice shirt and shorts are just fine. We love lunch in the MDR. If you check out the Carnival web site, they list a menu of what is served during lunch. There is one item that says tomato baguette. But what they are not telling you is that your baguette is a shrimp and crab salad sandwich, and it's AWESOME! And they serve ribs. But I will admit that while I love my nice hot lunch in the MDR, I head upstairs for dessert.

Breakfast and lunch, in the MDR, are two of the best kept secrets on board! Dress is always casual and the food is always good and the service is always great! It's never crowded, you don't have to carry your tray and look for a seat. The staff is there to seat you and the waiters are there to serve you. What more could you want? As was mentioned earlier, lunch in the MDR is only served on Sea Days.

Another well kept secret is "Tea Time" - it too is only done on Sea Days.

The MDR is definitely a well kept secret. I love doing breakfast in the MDR. No fighting the buffet line for lukewarm eggs and greasy potatoes. Instead, I'll have an omelet and fresh fruit, if you please, served by a wonderful waiter who will also refill my coffee as needed. Lunch is a different story. I like the more casual fare found on deck for lunch.

As far as dress code goes, I have seen cruisers in swimwear with true coverups in the main dining room. I'm not talking about sarongs or mesh coverups. There's no reason why someone couldn't cover a swimsuit with a cotton maxi dress or t-shirt and shorts and head right into the MDR for lunch. Just make sure your suit is dry before you sit in the chairs! :)

Yes, Lunch in the Main Dining Room is quite casual, but like anywhere else dress accordingly. There is no problem at all with nice cover ups. It is a nice enjoyable way to dine with out the hustle and bustle upstairs on the Lido Deck where the drunks are busy practicing for the Wet Hairy Chest Howl at Moon Contest.

Archived