UNPRECEDENTED Oasis offer!

[quote name='Tapi']We are a family of three sailing on Allure in May. Some observations:

- Either there aren't enough triple or quad cabins on this ship, or they are in VERY high demand. When we booked, there was literally ONE triple cabin left in ALL categories. A lonely BV category.
- RC may be slashing prices on balconies, but they are getting their money's worth on families. Our son is paying $882 (and he's not even two yet!). We compared how much a third person would cost on Norwegian Epic or Carnival Dream for that time frame and they are $299 and $349 respectively.
-The difference in price between our window cabin and a Boardwalk balcony is $69 per person. Too bad that there were no triple ones available.
[COLOR="Red"]- Freedom of the Seas for that same week is actually more expensive than Oasis or Allure of the Seas.[/COLOR]

Yes, I know that Allure has much more to offer, and thus can charge premium prices right now, but for how long?

Maybe Oasis and Allure will need to be split apart to serve different itineraries from different ports of embarkation, instead of the same exact itineraries from the same exact ports of embarkation.

I wonder how well these ships would do if one stays in Ft. Lauderdale and the other serves, say, the Northeast market during the summer out of Bayonne (which already commands high prices), and maybe reposition to Galveston for a more profitable winter Caribbean season.I know that there are logistics involved, but I'm sure they can be figured out . Just a thought...[/QUOTE]

That is exactly what I have told Marci before.....I am not sure why she thinks that Oasis/Allure are so priced out of the market:confused:

You are absolutely correct though that Royal is making a killing out of people that put 4 and 5 in a cabin.....it amazes me that people are willing to pay 5 or 6 grand for a week and put 4 or 5 into one cabin when very often for like $700 more they can get 2 cabins....thats 2 bathrooms...2 TV's....and most all PRVACY....money VERY well spent IMO.

[quote name='PCWalton1']So tell me why the prices keep going up for some cruises this fall? I am sailing on Allure Nov 13th and since I booked last year the price of my B1 has jump up twice to about $250 more than when I booked. Go figure :rolleyes:[/quote]

Same story here for our Allure sailing November 6th. We got a D8 for $949 each last year and the price just went up and up. I don't think there are any left as of now. Both this week and your week are usually considered low weeks (usually lesser priced) so I keep checking prices hoping that they will come down, but not so far.

We're doing a B2B on Allure in October. We have a Central Park Balcony for week one, and a Boardwalk Balcony (switched after booking from an OV) for week 2. It's something slightly different than usual so we wanted to try the interior balconies. I expect it will be like our first Promenade view room. We had a great cruise, liked the room, and enjoyed the different experience.... but we'll generally stick to our oceanview balconies for cruises 7 nights and longer. That said, if RCL tweaks the pricing on these cabins just right, they'll sell.

[quote name='bajathree']That is exactly what I have told Marci before.....I am not sure why she thinks that Oasis/Allure are so priced out of the market:confused: [/quote]

She is comparing May while I am looking at August. Also, I don't even compare FOS as I just didn't care for my experience on that ship.

Oasis and Allure really get you on the 3rd and 4th and it does make a difference. It's cheaper and easier to find rooms for doubles, and it's cheaper to travel if you are not limited to July and August, as I am. I also must purchase airfare and right now it's very high so it factors into my 'too expensive' mindset as well.

Everyone knows these ships still command a premium, especially in summer. I am just choosing to do what a lot of people say to do here and that is to not book if I do not want to pay the price. I could have had price drops on a few of these cruises if I had booked earlier and gotten good airfare, but I was not willing to commit to a price I did not feel comfortable with in the first place.

[quote name='molly361']Same story here for our Allure sailing November 6th. We got a D8 for $949 each last year and the price just went up and up. I don't think there are any left as of now. Both this week and your week are usually considered low weeks (usually lesser priced) so I keep checking prices hoping that they will come down, but not so far.[/quote]

I am looking at BW balconies at the bargain summertime price of $1399pp and 3rds not that much cheaper. Ds were in the $1800pp range for a long time. So I think $949 pp for a D8 is a great price.

[quote name='Tapi']We are a family of three sailing on Allure in May. Some observations:

- Either there aren't enough triple or quad cabins on this ship, or they are in VERY high demand. When we booked, there was literally ONE triple cabin left in ALL categories. A lonely BV category.
- RC may be slashing prices on balconies, but they are getting their money's worth on families. Our son is paying $882 (and he's not even two yet!). We compared how much a third person would cost on Norwegian Epic or Carnival Dream for that time frame and they are $299 and $349 respectively.
-The difference in price between our window cabin and a Boardwalk balcony is $69 per person. Too bad that there were no triple ones available.
- Freedom of the Seas for that same week is actually more expensive than Oasis or Allure of the Seas.

[COLOR="red"]Yes, I know that Allure has much more to offer, and thus can charge premium prices right now, but for how long?

Maybe Oasis and Allure will need to be split apart to serve different itineraries from different ports of embarkation, instead of the same exact itineraries from the same exact ports of embarkation.[/COLOR]
I wonder how well these ships would do if one stays in Ft. Lauderdale and the other serves, say, the Northeast market during the summer out of Bayonne (which already commands high prices), and maybe reposition to Galveston for a more profitable winter Caribbean season.I know that there are logistics involved, but I'm sure they can be figured out . Just a thought...[/QUOTE]

I am a bit confused by your post. First you seem to be saying that these ships are priced very high compared to some others and then you seem to be coming up with some suggestions that may enable RCI to keep this pricing strategy into the future. Are you more concerned with RCI's bottom line or your own?:confused:

[quote name='beachbuddy']Who wants a balcony that doesn't have an ocean view??? There's no privacy in those "neighborhood balconies". I'd never be able to go out in my nightgown and have my coffee in the morning so why even have one!!![/QUOTE]

I had one on the Allure and it was great! My bff gets seasick easily, and that's why we always get inside cabins. With the inside balconies we can go out and enjoy some fresh air without her looking at the ocean.

As far as coffee on the balcony in the morning: it's called a robe, and they work great as cover ups. :D

My SIL and I were on the Allure recently. Now, I didn't pay the current pricing as I was on for a Seminar (otherwise I would still not have been on).

We had a central park balcony and found it adequate. We ate breakfast wearing our robes and we did some reading out there. We enjoyed it although we both really missed seeing the ocean. We did notice there was hardly anyone else using their balconies which leads me to wonder why bother booking them if you are going to use them at all.

[quote name='pcur']I had one on the Allure and it was great! My bff gets seasick easily, and that's why we always get inside cabins. With the inside balconies we can go out and enjoy some fresh air without her looking at the ocean.

As far as coffee on the balcony in the morning: it's called a robe, and they work great as cover ups. :D[/QUOTE]

To each their own........I do wear a robe but still wouldn't be comfortable sitting out there looking at people across the way. We use our outside balcony a lot....even when getting ready for dinner......I usually sit out there after putting hot rollers in my hair.......don't think I'd do that if we were in an inside one. I'd do it at a campground just like I'd walk outside with a robe on, but not on a cruise.

I always say "different strokes for different folks" and I just wouldn't be comfortable in one of those balconies........I'd prefer an oceanview if no outside balconies were available. But there will be some that will love the inside balconies and that's their choice.

[quote name='Ocean Boy']I am a bit confused by your post. First you seem to be saying that these ships are priced very high compared to some others and then you seem to be coming up with some suggestions that may enable RCI to keep this pricing strategy into the future. Are you more concerned with RCI's bottom line or your own?:confused:[/QUOTE]

Suggestion to enable RCI to keep their pricing strategy. Let me explain: :)

I do believe that 3rd and 4th occupancy is priced VERY high. I don't think RCI is having issues selling these staterooms.

However, based on the fact that these Boardwalk balconies (double occupancy) seem to be a hard sell (with some sailings charging the same if not more for an inside cabin), I suggested moving one of the two ships to a different market seasonally. Not only does it reduce the supply of cabins out of Ft. Lauderdale, but it opens up the "Oasis Experience" to other markets. I'm sure that cruisers out of the New York area would be willing to pay a premium price to have the opportunity to sail on one of these ships right from their backyard.

For our time frame, Freedom is pricing out higher than Allure. But I don't think that it's because the Freedom is charging MORE, but because Allure and Oasis are having a hard time filling up so their prices have dropped below Freedom prices.

Yes, all of us would like to pay less to cruise, but the reality is that RCI needs to pay the tab for these ships, and to do so, they need to keep their pricing at a certain level...

[quote name='Tapi']
Yes, all of us would like to pay less to cruise, but the reality is that RCI needs to pay the tab for these ships, and to do so, they need to keep their pricing at a certain level...[/quote]

Good if they can get it.

Honestly, with $1399pp BW balcony and $999 for the third, current airfare to FLL, and tips, for my family of 5, that is 9k. That's a lot of money. And that is discounted! I still need to buy drinks, specialty dining, and shore excursions.

$999 for the third. In a BW balcony. I can't get over that.

It's like a third grader thought it up; it's like he is dreaming and not realistic. Who are all these people who are going to go once, let alone repeatedly, on this cruise?

People who are getting 'good deals' on this cruise are those who can go off-season, as doubles, maybe with a senior discount, and don't need airfare.

Friends of mine went on Oasis by themselves and left the kids with their grandparents. I asked them why. "Because it is way too expensive for all of us to go!" This is a ship being marketed to families.

[quote name='marci22']Good if they can get it.

Honestly, with $1399pp BW balcony and $999 for the third, current airfare to FLL, and tips, for my family of 5, that is 9k. That's a lot of money. And that is discounted! I still need to buy drinks, specialty dining, and shore excursions.

It's like a third grader thought it up; it's like he is dreaming and not realistic. Who are all these people who are going to go once, let alone repeatedly, on this cruise?

People who are getting 'good deals' on this cruise are those who can go off-season, as doubles, maybe with a senior discount, and don't need airfare.

Friends of mine went on Oasis by themselves and left the kids with their grandparents. I asked them why. "Because it is way too expensive for all of us to go!" This is a ship being marketed to families.[/QUOTE]

I agree. We haven't been on these ships yet but for the price if we do, it will probably be once since we can do much longer cruises for the same price and go to better ports as well. Airfare is at an all time high plus all the other expenses.....I don't know how families with 3 and 4 kids can possibly do it! And like I said, if they can, it won't be very often! All inclusives are looking like a much better deal for families with children.......children are even free at many of the all-inclusives. We wanted to take our 2 grown children and grandchild on a cruise but with those prices, it's not going to happen anytime soon.

[quote name='gbcruise']Here you go:

Royal Caribbean Loves Families. Book a Neighborhood Balcony on Oasis of the Seas or Allure of the Seas for a June, July, or August 2011 to receive $100 per cabin shipboard credit. Offer is limited to new bookings only. Details on this offer can be found here.

But wait, the fun and shipboard credit don’t stop there. Book 2 or more Neighborhood Balconies between April 6 and 10 to receive even more shipboard credit.

•Offer:

◦Buy 2 Neighborhood Balcony Staterooms, Get $200 OBC on each stateroom, Total $400
◦Buy 3 Neighborhood Balcony Staterooms, Get $200 OBC on each stateroom, Total $600
•New, Individual Bookings Only – No Groups
•Any existing booking that cancels and rebooks for the same sailing between April 6 – April 13 will not be eligible for the offer
•Bookings must be linked/cross-referenced with each other to receive offer
•OBC will be applied 45 days prior to sailing
•Not combinable with deep discounted rates, including Interline, Royal Sales Event, and Crown and Anchor Preview Sale
•Not combinable with any other offer or promotion including Crown and Anchor[/quote]

Just curious. Where is this published?

[quote name='marci22']I don't think this promotion has been formally announced yet.[/quote]

I was just wondering if this was a TA promo of some kind or directly from Royal. We are looking to add two more cabins to our cruise in early June - we're considering taking the kids. Not sure whether to bite on this or hold (at my own risk) for possible deeper promotions as we near our sail date.
If this is Royal's promotion, sometimes certain TAs echo the promotion and add their promos on top of it.

[quote name='Ocean Boy']....If I want to look out over Central Park I'll go visit my brother in NYC. ........ I have always had the mentality that I want to pay as little as possible for what suits my needs but I won't pay anything at all for something that doesn't meet my minimum requirements.

This promotion of getting a neighborhood balcony for the price of booking an inside is completely worthless for me.[/quote]

I never got the whole Central Park theme! They (whoever they are)
got carried away.

I moved here (from NY) 30 years ago because I love
the sub-tropical weather.

[B]Conflicted here[/B]: Oasis is an amazing ship, no doubt about it,
but I really don't want to pay large $$ to be reminded of
NYC tenaments.

It's not just you.

:cool:

[quote name='marci22']Good if they can get it.

Friends of mine went on Oasis by themselves and left the kids with their grandparents. I asked them why. "Because it is way too expensive for all of us to go!" This is a ship being marketed to families.[/quote]

My sister just returned today from the Allure and she said it was packed with kids of all ages so someone is paying those prices. Who are the ones that are going to go repeatedly on this cruise? Me for one. Coming up on my fifth week on an Oasis class ship with another booked after that and if RCI can continue to get those prices, more power to them.

[quote name='cruisingator2']My sister just returned today from the Allure and she said it was packed with kids of all ages so someone is paying those prices. Who are the ones that are going to go repeatedly on this cruise? Me for one. Coming up on my fifth week on an Oasis class ship with another booked after that and if RCI can continue to get those prices, more power to them.[/quote]

Are you getting better prices because you can go off-peak? I would do the same if I was retired.

Have you paid for 5 people for each of those trips, plus airfare?

If lots of families are paying over 9k for a week then they all must be doing pretty well financially. Either that, or as I heard a Disney waiter once saying to another waiter: They're all here having a great time spending their kids' college funds.

I still think it's too much for 7 days in a BW balcony.

[quote name='marci22']Are you getting better prices because you can go off-peak? I would do the same if I was retired.

[COLOR=red]No where near retirement age and no we are not cruising at off peak times. [/COLOR]
[COLOR=red] [/COLOR]
Have you paid for 5 people for each of those trips, plus airfare?

[COLOR=red]No I'm not but I guess some families are from what my sister saw this past week and the number of families that I saw from my two weeks on board in January. The ship had large groups on from Brazil as this was their summer vacation time. Keep in mind that RCI is marketing these two ships heavily to Europeans and South Americans.[/COLOR]

If lots of families are paying over 9k for a week then they all must be doing pretty well financially. Either that, or as I heard a Disney waiter once saying to another waiter: They're all here having a great time spending their kids' college funds.

[COLOR=red]Maybe they are. Who knows.[/COLOR]

I still think it's too much for 7 days in a BW balcony.[/quote]

Which is totally your choice but with RCI moving more ships to the growing cruise markets and away from U.S ports, I don't expect these two ships will be coming down in price any time soon during the peak times.

[quote name='cruisingator2']Which is totally your choice but with RCI moving more ships to the growing cruise markets and away from U.S ports, I don't expect these two ships will be coming down in price any time soon during the peak times.[/quote]

Well the neighborhood balconies have been put on various promotions; it seems like they are having a problem filling them up. I thought the general feeling in this thread was that the neighborhood balconies were overpriced to begin with :confused:

Families are the ones who will default to these balconies because they are more reasonably priced than the other categories, and from what I have read and what several of you have agreed with, is that they are not filling these categories and running a series of promotions rather than just give in and dropping the prices a bit at the start.

[quote name='bajathree']I guess in time they will have to start treating Central Park and Boardwalk balconies as interiors....and it seems like that is happening sooner than later.[/QUOTE]

I think that this is what is going to happen. Good point!

[quote name='fyrewol']The Unprecedented offer was to be announced today on a conference call. I was unable to join in because I was too busy. But I hope to see someone one here mention what it was.[/QUOTE]

Royal Caribbean Loves Families. Book a Neighborhood Balcony on Oasis of the Seas or Allure of the Seas for a June, July, or August 2011 to receive $100 per cabin shipboard credit. Offer is limited to new bookings only. Details on this offer can be found here.

But wait, the fun and shipboard credit don’t stop there. Book 2 or more Neighborhood Balconies between April 6 and 13 to receive even more shipboard credit.

•Offer:

◦Buy 2 Neighborhood Balcony Staterooms, Get $200 OBC on each stateroom, Total $400
◦Buy 3 Neighborhood Balcony Staterooms, Get $200 OBC on each stateroom, Total $600
•New, Individual Bookings Only – No Groups
•Any existing booking that cancels and rebooks for the same sailing between April 6 – April 13 will not be eligible for the offer
•Bookings must be linked/cross-referenced with each other to receive offer
•OBC will be applied 45 days prior to sailing
•Not combinable with deep discounted rates, including Interline, Royal Sales Event, and Crown and Anchor Preview Sale
•Not combinable with any other offer or promotion including Crown and Anchor

Archived