NCL--Coke or Pepsi?

Missdoug

When we sailed over Thanksgiving last year, it was all Pepsi products. At our first port, we picked up some Coca Cola, Sprite and bottled water and had no issues bringing it back with us onboard (and we didn't do anything to hide them - just brought them back with us in Publix's plastic grocery bags).

Thanks for the info.

We'll be on the May 8th and May 15th sailing. One week with kids and one week without. Hate to do without my coke. We were on the first Pepsi sailing a few years ago. What a disappointment. But for a cruise, I can do whatever.

Thanks again.

The Sun had Pepsi, Diet Pepsi, not Sierra Mist but a non caffeinated drink, and Ginger Ale. That was with a soda card-46.50 plus 15 % gratuity, for 7 days. Free drinks were milk, water, tea. We brought water with us. Other cruisers said they bought coke products at one of the ports and brought it on board.

I wish they would bring back lemonade. It really bites that we have to drag drinks onboard. I do not drink pop because it is bad for your bones. I wish they would offer more selections other then pop. I bring my own tea bags too because I prefer my tea over the ships. Soon they will charge us corkage for the coke LOL.

• 1 year later...
I wish they would bring back lemonade. It really bites that we have to drag drinks onboard. I do not drink pop because it is bad for your bones. I wish they would offer more selections other then pop. I bring my own tea bags too because I prefer my tea over the ships. Soon they will charge us corkage for the coke LOL.

Some people have posted that they have lemonade and flavored waters now. I'll find out myself in about 6 weeks.

Some people have posted that they have lemonade and flavored waters now. I'll find out myself in about 6 weeks.

Yes, completely true. On the Dawn last week, we had lemonade, strawberry-kiwi water; mango tropical water. Aldo different dispensers also had cranberry juice. Iced tea also.

I take crystal light sticks with me and whaa La lemonade :D

The brand of pop cannot really be a problem, can it?

It is for me... I'm actually allergic to anything bottled by PepsiCo. Migraines, stomach cramps, dizziness... lots of fun stuff. Even their bottled water (Aquafina) will make me sick if I drink it on an empty stomach. :/

--M

It is for me... I'm actually allergic to anything bottled by PepsiCo. Migraines, stomach cramps, dizziness... lots of fun stuff. Even their bottled water (Aquafina) will make me sick if I drink it on an empty stomach. :/

--M

Ahhh I see , very interesting .. Perhaps there was some trauma or bad dreams , no. ;)

Yes, completely true. On the Dawn last week, we had lemonade, strawberry-kiwi water; mango tropical water. Aldo different dispensers also had cranberry juice. Iced tea also.

o you happen to know if these options are available in the MDR? My dh cannot have anything carbonated (very bad heartburn) and we do not care for the US type Iced Tea. We were hoping they would have Arizona or Liptons Iced Tea available in the cans for purchase?

o you happen to know if these options are available in the MDR? My dh cannot have anything carbonated (very bad heartburn) and we do not care for the US type Iced Tea. We were hoping they would have Arizona or Liptons Iced Tea available in the cans for purchase?

Thats going to be a little harder. They do not carry the Arizona or lipton in a can.

Most of the soft drinks come from the premixed dispensers. Im fairly certain you can order Lemonaid or one of the flavored waters in the Main Dining room ( I know my kids have).

I would bring a few packets of the powdered stuff just as back up..

Or in your case with your DH having such bad HB I'd carry on a case of your favorite soft drink and bring it to the MD . ;)

I wish you luck , my wife tells me its tougher than when she quit smoking :eek:

I've tried many times, so far unsuccessful! The longest I have gone is a week without any Mountain Dew/Coke was a week, and I had the worst headaches I've ever had. My dad died earlier this year of cancer and his kidneys failed at the end. I don't want to have tubes like he did. Trying very hard to do it right this time. :)

I've tried many times, so far unsuccessful! The longest I have gone is a week without any Mountain Dew/Coke was a week, and I had the worst headaches I've ever had. My dad died earlier this year of cancer and his kidneys failed at the end. I don't want to have tubes like he did. Trying very hard to do it right this time. :)

Sorry to hear that.. Dont go cold turkey its tooooo hard. Cut back and try and quit the DEW first , mucho caffine .

When my wife tried quitting I had to sleep with one eye open .

She still has one Pepsi a day and I have taken her last one for the last time.:o

Good luck

Archived