No private island on 3 days?

TwoWeebles

I am researching a short 3 day cruise with my sister for February 2012. I thought this short cruise would be a great way to try CCL, as I have only ever sailed RCI. My sticking point is that the CCL cruises only go to Nassau and stays for two days where the RCI cruises stop at Nassau one day and their private island the other day. I have been to Nassau and didn't care for it. If I take another cruise that goes there, I would just stay on the ship to enjoy the day. My sister feels the same way. So, why doesn't CCL stop at their private island on these short cruises. :confused:

its much further away from home port than RC's private island is, thats probably the main reason

Actually the islands are fairly close to each other so distance is not the reason. In fact the 4 night cruises from miami on CCL don't go there either while NCL and RCL do on their 3 AND 4 nighters from Miami. My guess is the fuel cost as being the reason and CCL cutting more corners.

It is really a shame as all these private islands are very nice indeed.

I blame tight wad Cahill whose cutbacks are frequent in all areas since he took over.

Actually the islands are fairly close to each other so distance is not the reason. In fact the 4 night cruises from miami on CCL don't go there either while NCL and RCL do on their 3 AND 4 nighters from Miami. My guess is the fuel cost as being the reason and CCL cutting more corners.

It is really a shame as all these private islands are very nice indeed.

I blame tight wad Cahill whose cutbacks are frequent in all areas since he took over.

I doubt that is the case at all. Carnival makes a lot more on sales when they are at the private island than when they are docked in Nassau. More likely it is a matter of priority since carnival shares the islands with its sister lines.

I don't think a 3 day cruise is a good way to try any cruise line. Just too short!

Yeah, I agree that 3 days is too short. Heck, any cruise is too short for me, but that is the amount of time I think we will have to work with. I am already planning a big cruise for the family in June 2012, but this short cruise was just going to be a sisters get-away. I don't think the hubby would appreciate being left for longer when he will have to switch around his schedule to make it work. We have a 7 year old son - usually my husband goes to work early and I put son on the bus then go to work, then hubby gets him off the bus in the afternoon while I am still at work. If I go away, hubby will either have to take the day off to work around son's school schedule, or my mother in law will have to come to our house to see him onto the bus.

Archived