Newbie question - disembarkation time

SJ27

Hi,

our cruise (on Emerald Princess) pulls into its disembarkation port at a rather :eek: time of 5am. Do we have to hurry and get off the ship or will we be able to at least wake at 6, have breakfast, leave at maybe 7.30...?

Do they do room service breakfast on final day when the ship arrives so early>>

Normally, passengers don't disembark until around 7:30 until around 9:30, no matter what time the ship actually arrives. Some of this will depend on your port of disembarkation though, so if you could supply that, it would help.

As for room service. Sorry, but unless you are booked in a full suite, there is no room service the final morning onboard. Full suites are the only ones that are allowed to order room service the final morning, and it must be ordered the night before as the room service kitchen is usually closed on the final morning. ;)

OK, thanks. I am far more interested in latest off than earliest off :D I think the ship leaves that evening again so I am guessing we will have to be off at some stage. Our flight out is only at 2.30pm or thereabouts so we are in no rush!

(I'm sure we can handle a walk to the buffet. In fact having just looked at all the dining options on the ship I think will need all the exercise we can get.. I feel fatter just looking at the list!!!)

Edit: port is Copenhagen.

Edit: I like "sleep in" :)

Hi,

our cruise (on Emerald Princess) pulls into its disembarkation port at a rather :eek: time of 5am. Do we have to hurry and get off the ship or will we be able to at least wake at 6, have breakfast, leave at maybe 7.30...?

Do they do room service breakfast on final day when the ship arrives so early>>

Disembarkation is staggered (imagine 3000+ passengers trying to leave at the same time). You'll receive information and baggage tags on the next-to-last day of the cruise. Breakfast is not available through room service, but will be served in probably one dining room and/or the International Cafe, and on the Lido Deck (buffet). Once your number/color is called, you'll proceed down to a huge area, where your luggage (along with everyone else's) will be arranged by those designations on your bags. You'll have to hunt for them, but we've never lost one in over 40 cruises. Hope this helps ... have a great trup!

SJ,

Chances are you will be booted off the ship between 9:30 and 10 am, if you choose to disembark as late as possible. You will be asked to vacate your stateroom by about 8 am and wait in one of the lounges for your disembarkation group. I think you have a 6/26 sailing date shown, so I am guessing it is a European itinerary. Please make sure you do have enough time to transfer to the airport and clear the necessary security areas.

Bon Voyage!

OK, thanks. I am far more interested in latest off than earliest off :D I think the ship leaves that evening again so I am guessing we will have to be off at some stage. Our flight out is only at 2.30pm or thereabouts so we are in no rush!

(I'm sure we can handle a walk to the buffet. In fact having just looked at all the dining options on the ship I think will need all the exercise we can get.. I feel fatter just looking at the list!!!)

Edit: port is Copenhagen.

Edit: I like "sleep in" :)

At the end of the cruise, they want to get everyone off so they can prepare for the next group that will be boarding noon or so. The last passengers are usually off by 10am or so.

Thanks all.. vacate stateroom by 8am and ship by 10am is absolutely fine. I had visions of us all having to be awake, showered, packed and ready to go by 5am!!! So this is a huge relief.

We need to be at the airport 12.30pm and it is apparently 20-30 minutes to get there so we have plenty of time from 10am, even if we take some time getting off the ship and/or have traffic delays on the way.

I too am never in a rush to disembark...but I never choose early flights home after a cruise.... So we always enjoy a nice leisurely breakfast, and head to a quite waiting area, or if the weather is nice wait on deck poolside until 930-1000 and depart after all the crowds are gone.

Planning Baltic cruise on Emerald Princess. Says it docks at 5 AM can we make 9am flight? TA says no problem but i am worried. Need to make a 9am flight to get a non stop home. Next option would mean changing planes 3 times and criscrossing Europe on the way. When its over , its over. I just want to get home? Can we do it? We are able bodied and can carry our own bags.

Planning Baltic cruise on Emerald Princess. Says it docks at 5 AM can we make 9am flight? TA says no problem but i am worried. Need to make a 9am flight to get a non stop home. Next option would mean changing planes 3 times and criscrossing Europe on the way. When its over , its over. I just want to get home? Can we do it? We are able bodied and can carry our own bags.

I would be very hesitant to trust the word of your TA on this. It will probably be at least an hour before you can start to debark the ship. then, you have to get to the airport and check in. Remember, you will need to be checked in at least two hours before flight time. This means checked in, not standing in line with 200-300 others...Even if you are able to check in online, you will still have to check your bag. Not sure if Copenhagen has curbside checkin to avoid the lines...How many other ships will be turning around in C. that day? EM

Hi, for what its worth our TA advised us not to book a flight earlier than 10.30am.

Chrysalis said "Earliest off is about 7am for those that want to walk off with their own luggage. " ; but you would need to be at the airport at 7am :(

The posters are correct - also if this cruise originates in the US they will need to clear all non-US citizens through customs first and they always need to call passengers down over the loudspeaker to get them clear before general disembarkation.

The posters are correct - also if this cruise originates in the US they will need to clear all non-US citizens through customs first and they always need to call passengers down over the loudspeaker to get them clear before general disembarkation.

OP's cruise originates in CPH and ends in CPH.

Archived