So This is What a Dream Tastes Like

jenseib

I really loved your reviews and beautiful pictures! It is really nice to hear from such a nice down to earth family. We are doing a similar trip next year with our granddaughter and your reviews have really helped. We see so many negative comments, that I was beginning to second guess our plans. Like you, I am a foodie but not a food snob. And just looking forward to the whole experience. Thank you again.

Thank you! I think a lot of it is what you make of it. I had some not so great food on the trip, but it didn't ruin the trip for me and I still ate. The good thing about the cruise is, if you don't like something, order something else. And then there's always room service!

Day 8 ~ April 6th,

There are no pictures this day.

It was D-day. The day I hate. We had to leave for home.

We ALL got up early this morning. We made sure everything was packed and went down to breakfast at Residence Inn.. The selection was very good again. A few different items on the buffet this morning, but most of the basics. I think I had pancakes and eggs and a few other things this morning. I’m pretty sure Claire had fruit. We all filled up and headed out.

At Sanford Airport we bought a few beverages for the plane and we stopped at Cinnabon (sp?) and got a 4 pack of mini buns. They were very good. Claire didn’t want one, so one of us ate 2. I think it was Dad.

On the plane ride home we ate a few of our packed snacks we had brought along. Claire just loves eating snacks on the plane.

Once we left the airport we stopped at McDonalds to bring home some lunch. The basics there. I’m sure you all know what McDonalds tastes like. And we ordered pizza for supper. I was NOT cooking that day! LOL!

And actually the next night I went out to eat at a local diner with my Mom and Dad!

I thought the food for the most part was good, if not great. The cruise food was superior to WDW food. It was almost a let down to eat the food at the parks.

Of our WDW sit down meals, I would say that 1900 Park Fare was the best meal for me. Mom and Dad might say Le Cellier. I was happy to go to the Cheesecake Factory and do hope I get a chance to go to one again.

Of the cruise restaurants, I don’t know if I could pick a favorite. I enjoyed them all. Each was beautifully themed and the food was good at each. Some people may choose one over another for the selection. But I was happy with what I got at each place.

It was a wonderful trip and I only wish I had more room in my stomach to try some of the other things I keep saying I am going to give a try!

Thanks for reading along!

Thanks a lot for the posts and the pictures, they allowed us to cruise through your memory card.

Oh, and the folks with slow internet connectiions will thank you also... as soon as they catch up. LOL.

Thanks a lot for the posts and the pictures, they allowed us to cruise through your memory card.

Oh, and the folks with slow internet connectiions will thank you also... as soon as they catch up. LOL.

I know what thats like. I had dial up for years. I think I finally got highspeed about 3 years ago. I just had to do something on my MIL's computer today and she is still dial up. I couldn't beleive how slow it was.

• 5 weeks later...
Thanks. We got a lot of attention with that dress!

Where did you get this costume? All of Claires dresses are beautiful! My 7 year old daughter is (sadly) getting over the princesses but loves Mary Poppins :). And I am really enjoying your food and trip reviews, you are awesome!!!

Where did you get this costume? All of Claires dresses are beautiful! My 7 year old daughter is (sadly) getting over the princesses but loves Mary Poppins :). And I am really enjoying your food and trip reviews, you are awesome!!!

There was a lot of work getting that dress! I was on a mission 2 summers ago. I ended up finding out that Claire's dance studio wore these for a dance recital. The owner ordered one for me and then we put a blouse under it. We added red bows and I found the boots online (which were discontinued and I had a heck of a time finding some in her size. I took an old Easter hat and added tulle. It's definetly one of a kind. I know others have asked about it in the past, and a few have talked to there dance studios about ordering the dress. I even saw one for sale on ebay recently.

There was a lot of work getting that dress! I was on a mission 2 summers ago. I ended up finding out that Claire's dance studio wore these for a dance recital. The owner ordered one for me and then we put a blouse under it. We added red bows and I found the boots online (which were discontinued and I had a heck of a time finding some in her size. I took an old Easter hat and added tulle. It's definetly one of a kind. I know others have asked about it in the past, and a few have talked to there dance studios about ordering the dress. I even saw one for sale on ebay recently.

Wow, I wish that I could be as crafty! I just dont have it in me!! Kudos to you, you're daughter is one lucky little girl :)

Wow, I wish that I could be as crafty! I just dont have it in me!! Kudos to you, you're daughter is one lucky little girl :)

I'm really not crafty at all. But I could get that much done at least. LOL!

• 2 weeks later...

Claire is 6. She only went to the kids clubs once, which shocked me, since she talked about them a lot prior to going. She said it was fun and the coloring page she did there was a prized possession for the rest of the trip. We figured out soon though, that Claire was afraid she was missing out on what we did while she was there. We had shopped the first night without her and I think that was our mistake. I think if we go again though, she will go to the clubs a little more now that she has seen a lot of the ship already.

we sailed on Carnival Pride in February with our grand daughter Jada who is 5. We spent all year talking about the kids camp and what show can do there. We took her the first day at 10am and picked her up at noon. SHe liked it but didnt want to go back- she actually told us that she is afraid that we will have fun without her and she will miss out. I read her the camp pages every morning but she ALWAYS said Nah! im staying with you guys.

we sailed on Carnival Pride in February with our grand daughter Jada who is 5. We spent all year talking about the kids camp and what show can do there. We took her the first day at 10am and picked her up at noon. SHe liked it but didnt want to go back- she actually told us that she is afraid that we will have fun without her and she will miss out. I read her the camp pages every morning but she ALWAYS said Nah! im staying with you guys.

Thats funny, and just like Claire. I am never that exciting at home, thats for sure.

thank you for the excellent TR

glad to hear they allowed ur mom to sub for your DH, didn't know they'd make that type of accommodation.

Thanks. We got a lot of attention with that dress!

you have a beautiful princess, believe i've seen that pic on another board:). CRT was a one & done per child for us;), certainly don't go for the food which btw looks to have dropped another notch or 2 since our last visit.

Q what exactly is that on the appetizer:confused:bread/meat?

risotto.jpg

thank you for the excellent TR

glad to hear they allowed ur mom to sub for your DH, didn't know they'd make that type of accommodation.

you have a beautiful princess, believe i've seen that pic on another board:). CRT was a one & done per child for us;), certainly don't go for the food which btw looks to have dropped another notch or 2 since our last visit.

Q what exactly is that on the appetizer:confused:bread/meat?

risotto.jpg

Yes, I am on another board...alot..and I know your name from there too.

It was a $50 charge to change it to my Moms name. I think I had up till 2 days prior to do it. The airling also charged us $50, but it was worht it to have someone use the tickets/etc.

That thing on the risotto was some kind of bread stick wafer...and not very good in my opinion.

I do not think we will be going back to CRT, unless it is breakfast. The dinner just went way down hill and it costs way too much. I would like to give breakfast a try someday, but it's not top on my list.

Archived