So This is What a Dream Tastes Like

jenseib

The dessert menus arrived next. They were like Royal invitations. Very cute!

You can see my Princess Delight drink to the right of this picture.

dessertinvite.jpg

rpenvelope.jpg

While waiting to order I took a quick shot of Brent.

Brent.jpg

There were LOTs of choices I wanted for dessert…oh how I wish I had an extra stomach.

I decided on Sweet Temptations - trio of peanut butter mousse, mango cheesecake and Tahitian vanilla creme brulee. This had a lot of things that appealed to me. And I might add, I enjoyed each and every one of them.

sweettempationsrp.jpg

Mom got Strawberry Short Cake Sundae - strawberries, vanilla ice cream, whipped cream and Angel Food cake. She said it was really good as well.

strawberrysundae.jpg

I also wanted to try the Grand Marnier Souffle infused with fresh orange zest and served with creme Anglaise. I have never had soufflé before and wanted to give it ago. Mom agreed we should order it and share it…..OK, I ate most of it. It was very good, but a little too rich and sweet. But I would definitely order it again.

souffle1.jpg

souffle2.jpg

Claire was getting a little antsy during dessert. She was ready to go, but we again reminded her that we weren’t done and she would have to wait. Srdjan then appeared and did some tricks for Claire. That just put him up a notch higher in her eyes.

srdjantricks.jpg

How he made this work, I have no clue. It looked impossible. There is a toothpick balancing on a toothpick with forks on the one toothpick???????

forktrick.jpg

Then he got another child’s menu and made a square and started folding. He ended up with this flower.

flower1.jpg

flower2.jpg

This meal was fabulous. You basically had to roll me out of there! We left with happy full bellies….well maybe a bit too full. But still happy!

And here is the childs menu from Royal Palace.

rpmenukids.jpg

April 2nd~Saturday

I started my morning off early again. I don’t sleep much on vacation. I wandered around and took many pictures and then headed off to Cabanas for breakfast. I told them I didn’t needed to be seated because I was taking it to my room. I got a few things on my plate and then decided to stay. I wasn’t sure if mom and Claire were still sleeping and the plan was to let them sleep in. So I asked to be seated and they just told me to grab any table.

I got some basics. Sausage gravy and biscuit, pancake, hash brown and a sausage link and milk to drink. I like pancakes just about anywhere. I don’t like syrup, I just eat them with butter. I thought that this pancake was good, but I have heard of others saying they are awful. I thought it was tasty and it wasn’t hard. The biscuit and gravy was fine, but not great. Nothing compares to Bob Evans Biscuits and gravy though, in my opinion.

The sausage and hash brown were again good. I would’ve liked ketchup though for the hash brown. I didn’t see any. I didn’t look too hard though and never asked.

breakfastonccday.jpg

I think Mom and Claire went up on their own to breakfast and I think they just got basics too. I never asked.

Lunch was at Cookies too BBQ.

cookietoobbq.jpg

We got in line. They were putting plates and silverware on trays. I asked for 2 so I could fill Claire’s plate as well. The girl working was a little slow, but she was working on it. The line moved to the right, but there was a fruit area to my right. This lady standing at the fruit just took the plate off of my tray while I was waiting for the 2nd plate. I looked at her and said…”uh no! that’s my plate and I’m waiting for a 2nd one” and I took it out of her hands. I’m not sure why the heck she did that. She could wait like the rest of us in my opinion. So she then says “well can you hand me a plate then”. Again, I guess she was special and didn’t have to wait. So I reached over and grabbed a plate for her. I’m not sure if we are supposed to grab our own off the stack. After all, the CM’s had been loading each tray themselves. But I just knew if I didn’t get her away from me, I might get a bit rude myself.

As we walked through the line, I just kept lifting my camera and taking random shots. This is back in the cooking area.

cookiescooking.jpg

burgers.jpg

And those wonderful cookies!

cookies.jpg

I guess I didn’t take a picture of our plates….I MIGHT’VE, and if I did it must be on the lost SD card. I can’t remember exactly what we had, but I know mom and I had burgers. Claire had a hotdog. Each of us had a bag of chips. There were several salads to choose from, and I know we tried some of that too. And of course cookies!

There were drink stations outside of Cookies. I went up to get Claire and I a drink. There were no lids for drinks. Not sure if this is the norm, or if they were out. I hate drinks like this with no lids, but we survived. Also there was a kid who just stood in front of all the drinks and took his cup and tried each one. Parents….don’t let your kids do this. It’s annoying for one, because he was in the way for many others who were trying to get drinks, and two…not very sanitary.

After we ate we got some ice cream at another outdoor station. There were a couple of choices there too. I believe there was vanilla or strawberry or a twist of the two. Lemon or vanilla or a twist of the two and I think there was chocolate and a twist of that as well.

Again that same kid was there at the ice cream station. And this time was grosser. He was taking ONE cone and trying each flavor out. I told him this time he needed to step aside so others could get cones, and he did.

Claire got the strawberry, and I think I got the strawberry twist. I think mom had the lemon twist.

lickingicecream.jpg

strawberryicecream.jpg

I would say this was my least favorite meal of the cruise. The food was very basic, and I didn’t think the burgers were anything great. It was just so-so food. Something to eat, but nothing to rave about.

This has been so fun to read...Thanks for the review!:o

Thanks

Less than 4 weeks to go for me to go on the Dream. Everytime I see your post and pictures and get more and more excited. Thanks for posting these pictures and your review. I am really enjoying it!!

You are going to have a great time. I hope to soon start my full on review of the whole trip.

Great review and the pictures are great too. I wish you would have taken pictures of the MDR menus.

I used to do that at WDW, but they never turn out very good. All Ears has pretty accurate menus on them for the Dream right now though.

This time our table was actually way in the back of the restaurant. I could tell that the CM walking us back really didn’t have a clue where though. We saw our guys and they led us the rest of the way!

aniamtorschair.jpg

table74.jpg

paintbrushpillar.jpg

Isn’t everything on this table so cute.

breadplate.jpg

animatortable.jpg

The Menu

animatorsmenu.jpg

The Wall

thewalls.jpg

Shortly after we were seated Crush came out. Claire was in awe!!!

crush.jpg

Claire had decided she would go to the kids club tonight after she was done eating, as long as we would come to get her as soon as we were done. That went out the window when she saw Crush. She didn’t want to miss a minute of him!

The bread was brought and we gobbled it up before I took a picture of it.

The Bread was Herb Foccacia and Ciabatta Bread With a Roasted Garlic Dip. I think this might’ve been my favorite bread of the trip.

animatorsbreadbasket.jpg

Mom ordered her favorite wine, Claire a sprite and I got another Princess Delight. I REALLY liked this drink.

princessdelight.jpg

You're killing me with these pictures!

I'm really wanting to sail on that ship now. That and I'm really wanting my kids to make some granddaughters so I can take them too!

Thanks.

I am so happy you are enjoying them. I am about to start my trip report/review too. I took a lot of pictures, but I still feel not nearly enough.

For an appetizer mom and I both ordered the Black Truffle Pasta Purseittes - pasta purse filled with trufflec scented cheese and coated with a delicate champagne sauce.

truffle.jpg

VERY good!

I also ordered the Wild Mushroom Risotto and Porcini Twist - served with Parmigiano-Reggiano. This was very good as well, but the little bread thing with it wasn’t to my taste.

risotto.jpg

Claire got the Chicken Noodle Soup.

clairessoup.jpg

Claire loves chicken noodle soup. It’s one of her favorite foods (up there with hot dogs). I don’t remember if she liked it or not. It looks like in the picture that she was digging right in, so I assume she did. I do know if it has carrots or celery in it, I have to dig those out, and I don’t remember doing that, but if they are small enough she will eat them.

Claire’s main course was Filet Steak Medallions on a rich Tomato Sauce….minus the tomato sauce.

steakanimators.jpg

Mom and I then also got the Baked Potato and Cheddar Cheese Soup with bacon bits and chives. This was good too. Not terrific, blow your mind away good, but still good and I would get it again. The other 2 appetizers were better though.

tatosoup.jpg

I had thought about getting the Marinated Angus Beef Tenderloin, but I had had steak every night and knew I would be having steak at least 2 more times at WDW.

Brent suggested the Lemon-Thyme Marinated Organic Chicken Breast with sour cream mashed potatoes, roasted root vegetables and grain mustard jus. Mom and I both decided to get that.

chicken.jpg

I enjoyed this as well and it was a nice change.

Claire had decided for dessert to have ice cream. I think she chose strawberry.

strawberyyicecream.jpg

Mom and I got for dessert Cookies and Cream Sundae - vanilla ice cream, chocolate wafer cookies, and whipped cream. And this was heavenly good. I think it had those wonderful chocolate chip cookies in it.

sundaecookie.jpg

We asked Srdjan and Brent to pose for us, and they were all too happy too.

srdjanandbrent.jpg

At the end of the dinner, Crush came back out and led a little chant/song type thing and then acknowledged the celebrations. Back when we had booked the CM asked if we were celebrating anything. I had said that basically all our birthdays. We originally planned to go over Claire’s birthday, but that had changed when Skip had his hip replacement replaced. This was a birthday gift for me, and We also were celebrating Skip’s 50th a few months early. Obviously Skip didn’t come, so it took it down to two celebrations. If I had thought of it when I changed my mom over to the reservation we could’ve added her b-day. Hers is just a few days after Skip.

Anyways…..While this celebration was going on the servers brought out little chocolate mousse cakes to those celebrating, and we got one at our table for Claire and I. We also each got a Birthday button. I took a picture of this, BUT later I was clearing out pictures on my card and accidentally deleted it, along with about 3 others from Animators Palate.

Take my word that it was good. It had a little chocolate birthday banner across the top and I think Claire might’ve snatched that pretty quickly. The mousse cake was really good, but I was so full at that point that we could only each take a bite or too and that was it.

This night I was really uncomfortably full. I think all the food was catching up to me.

Here is the child’s menu from Animators Palate.

animatorspalatechildsmenu.jpg

I was on the same ship and time and was seated on Table 56. I will have to say that this has been the BEST review handsdown. I 've gone through this particular review several times a day so I could relive the moments.

thanks so much for the pictures !!!!!:D:D:D

I was on the same ship and time and was seated on Table 56. I will have to say that this has been the BEST review handsdown. I 've gone through this particular review several times a day so I could relive the moments.

thanks so much for the pictures !!!!!:D:D:D

So we were on the same cruise? How cool! Maybe we saw each other and didn't even realize it.

I started my Trip report today as well, but it's all introduction so far.

Day 5 ~ Sunday April 3rd.

Breakfast was at Animators Palate.

animatorsfloor.jpg

I’m having a mind blank right now, but I think since we were 2nd seating dinner, our breakfast time was 7:45. I could be off by just a bit though.

We go there promptly, with carry ons in hand…only to wait with several others with carry ons. It appears 1st seating was running late. A good 15 minutes late.

Once they opened the doors it was kind of a free for all. They just said, do you remember where you sat last night…go there. Amazingly some people couldn’t remember at all…and I’m not talking about the people who went to Palo or Remy, I mean some people just plain forgot! I can say that because we remembered. LOL!

breakfastanimatorstable.jpg

Brent was the first over to the table today. He took drink orders. Usually Srdjan did that. Claire started asking over and over and over….”where’s the guy who calls me Princess”. We told her we didn’t know, and maybe he wasn’t there today. She wasn’t to happy about that.

tableplay.jpg

Then he showed up! And we had a happy girl. The first picture isn’t great, but you can see the little smirk on her face. Kind of like “I told you he was here”.

smirkyclaire.jpg

srdjanandclaire.jpg

Srdjan gave Claire a hug and a kiss on the cheek and said good bye to her.

Breakfast then arrived.

Claire got cereal (rice crispies, I believe) and a fruit plate.

cerealandfruit.jpg

fruitplate.jpg

Mom had waffles and bacon.

waffles.jpg

I had the Route 66 - scrambled eggs, bacon, grilled sausage, grilled ham and hash browns.

It was decent enough. Nothing fabulous, but Ok breakfast food. It wasn’t anything better than Cabanas had had.

route66.jpg

We finished up, said our goodbyes and made our way off the ship. Very sad, but we still had more fun planned.

Archived