Are 2 pax allowed to book a 3 people cabin?

I know I have to be on the lookout..........oh heck,they can give me a suite if they want it that bad:p

They did not tell me I was being switched. I just noticed it myself when I was printing out my set sail pass...and just the day prior, I had checked and everything was fine. :p Oh well! Life goes on! :D But, I think my primary point in this thread is that, don't get too comfortable thinking you have the cabin of your dreams....because if they need it, they can and will take it!

They did not tell me I was being switched. I just noticed it myself when I was printing out my set sail pass...and just the day prior, I had checked and everything was fine. :p Oh well! Life goes on! :D But, I think my primary point in this thread is that, don't get too comfortable thinking you have the cabin of your dreams....because if they need it, they can and will take it!

I have heard that many times........I'll be watching!!(and crossing my fingers):p

We are 2 and I booked the Allure 5 months out. 30 days prior to sailing I wanted the change cabins to add a third person to our cabin. When I called, RCCL told me that I was already booked in a cabin for 3 and they added the third at the original booking rate. When I made the original booking - there was no mention that I was only 2 booked in the cabin and RCCL could move me. In fact - I picked that particular category, as it was the cheapest of all ( except D1) D balcony cabins

So, apparently you can book a 3 or 4 person cabin for 2 people – or at least you could in summer of 2010.

Good luck

M

As you probably know, they are just mirror images of each other! :D

Yea,I did know that..........My husband has never had the pleasure of one of these cabins till now......(last time,it was girls only!:))

I hope the cabin you ended up with is or was okay. We have had to talk to the revenue department to get those corner aft cabins released for only 2 of us but so far have been luckyl

I hope the cabin you ended up with is or was okay. We have had to talk to the revenue department to get those corner aft cabins released for only 2 of us but so far have been luckyl

My new cabin will be fine. It is just an ordinary category D2 balcony on the side of the ship, toward the back. My cabin will actually be larger than the cabin of 7688. But the balcony.....that is a different story! :p;)

I'm so sorry that happened to you! I think it's a shame that they didn't bother to notify you or your TA of the change.

I booked with a TA.

So it's not true ...

Sorry this happened. I hope the D2 is at least at a good location. The good thing is you will have nice cabin and I am sure you will have a fantastic time anyway. :)

We booked 1388 aft D1 with 4 pax for Nov NOS sailing. Not real sure

that the 3rd and 4th can go yet. Final payment is in Sept.

Will we stand a chance of losing this room if I drop the other two then?

Can I leave them on and still pay for them if they don't go?

They were only 199 each so I don't mind paying this to keep the room.

Thanks for any information you can give. I really want this room no matter how many go.

We booked 1388 aft D1 with 4 pax for Nov NOS sailing. Not real sure

that the 3rd and 4th can go yet. Final payment is in Sept.

Will we stand a chance of losing this room if I drop the other two then?

Can I leave them on and still pay for them if they don't go?

They were only 199 each so I don't mind paying this to keep the room.

Thanks for any information you can give. I really want this room no matter how many go.

If you pay for at least 3 passengers, you will be fine! :D

Here is something that has not been addressed specifically......TIME OF YEAR

Some of the cruise lines tell ya up front...."there is an occupancy restriction on this sailing, and you cannot book this cabin" (like trying to put 2 in a 3 person cabin like originally mentioned) So let's say you try that in July (when kids are out of school).....they either won't let ya do it, or make it known that if you don't have enough people in the room, you could loose it if they need triples/quads. You can bet the Revenue Mgmt Dept wants to get the Max they can out of each berth.

So for those that told you on here, "no...they can't take that cabin away from ya" is misleading you! You could get kicked out, and where they put you will be the same category or maybe better, but the location may be terrible.

Sooooo, the bottom line is, when are you attempting to try to get a cabin that has more berths than you have bodies?

And also has been mentioned, even if they let you book more people than you're suppose to, and the computer doesn't "catch you", you are scr^&ing one of your fellow cruisers out of potentially being able to sail with you.They may have needed a triple, and the computer says there isn't any.

Something no one has mentioned:

My DH and I were on the Radiance in April and originally booked in an inside. After a price drop, we were upgraded to a D1, which I was told can be for 3 people. A few weeks before sailing, we decided we would like to take our son. When we called to add him to the booking, we were told that the triples and quads were booked up. I told the rep I thought our cabin could hold 3, and she said yes it can, but the ship was at capacity.

So even if your cabin can hold more people, it doesn't mean you can add someone later. They must have more triples/quads than they need. I think there must be a lot of factors at play when RCI chooses to move someone. They would have to have a lot of pairs booked in triples/quads to start the cabin shuffle.

I haven't read this entire thread, but I wanted to go ahead and give what I think is the answer to the OP's original question. "Maybe."

I tried a few times to book the highly sought after Deck 7 corner aft on the Navigator for our upcoming Med cruise. I was never able to do it. I was only putting 2 into a cabin designated for 3. I knew there were many instances from reading on here that 2 people have been able to book it. But I wasn't able to for one reason or another. One agent told me since it was summer it would either be booked early with 3 or I could wait and see about changing later if it was available. Problem then is we had 3 other rooms we wanted on the same floor and same area. So for my cruise next month I will have to "suffer" with a Deck 9 corner aft and drool down on Deck 7.

• 6 months later...

So If I am reading this right they can kick me out of 1688:( after I wanted to do this as surprise for my wife , but the plus side since its a d1 the next step up would be a JS or better upgrade. They couldnt move to another D1 could they if that the case I might as well go back to my orignal aft cabin it was 2 corner aft , just curious not real famailar with how RCI moves people around . We have had 7388 twice never a problem .

Sorry to bring back an old thread was just doing some checking and wanted to ask.

I haven't read this entire thread, but I wanted to go ahead and give what I think is the answer to the OP's original question. "Maybe."

I tried a few times to book the highly sought after Deck 7 corner aft on the Navigator for our upcoming Med cruise. I was never able to do it. I was only putting 2 into a cabin designated for 3. I knew there were many instances from reading on here that 2 people have been able to book it. But I wasn't able to for one reason or another. One agent told me since it was summer it would either be booked early with 3 or I could wait and see about changing later if it was available. Problem then is we had 3 other rooms we wanted on the same floor and same area. So for my cruise next month I will have to "suffer" with a Deck 9 corner aft and drool down on Deck 7.

Just wanted to give an update. We went on our NOS Eastern Med cruise last summer and had our Deck 9 aft since we were not allowed to book the Deck 7 corner afts with only 2. Great cruise.

We liked it so much we're booked on the Mariner for Western Med for this coming June. Again we're only 2 and our DD's are diagonally across the hall. This time the phone representative let us book 7388 so we have the coveted Deck 7 corner aft (although it would not online). They have our reservations linked and it's also noted to not upgrade and one DD's disability. I am hoping we do not get bumped at the last minute.

Oops! Sorry! My mistake! We were moved to a D2 and it is a double. So, in the end, I will live without my aft cabin ;) and I am happy that some family that would otherwise NOT have been able to sail at all, now has the BEST balcony on the ship! :p

But....I might pay them a visit and tell them they owe me a drink for holding that primo cabin for them until the last minute! :D (Just kidding!) I hope they have a wonderful vacation! As I know I will!

If I needed the D1/OV combo on freedom class and you gave one of them up to me I would GLADLY buy you a drink, or more. It is so hard to get cabins connecting with small children in tow. Only cabins available to me are the family cabins unless we do connecting and not comfortable with balcony/balcony combo yet due to kids ages. Heck I would even treat you to a specialty restaurant for the trade :D

I wonder how this works in this situation:

family of 5, myself, DH, DD7, DS4 and DS4. Booked freedom balcony connected to OV for kids. Due to kids ages we HAVE to get connecting and don't let kids have a balcony of their own for safety reasons but DH is a balcony snob and has to have his balcony. This setup allows DHs balcony and security of kids connecting cabin having no balcony access without coming into our cabin to access. Also we won't do just "next door or across the hall, again for safety reasons, and suites are out of our price range (have to go to a GS with 5 people). Both the D1 AND the OV have max of 3 but we will have 3 in OV cabin and 2 in the D1, reservations linked of course. Wonder if they would kick us out of the connecting room if a family of 3 needed this since we have small kids connected to us?

I think it depends whom you talk to to (as with a lot of things with RC!). We are in an inside quad, but had originally looked at a 'family' inside (can't recall the official name). We were told we couldn't book it as we needed at least 5 people on the reservation to 'qualify' for that room (it holds 6 people). I don't think it's quite the same with the rooms that have the one extra pull out sofabed or pullman bed cabins that will hold 3, but I know they don't like to book 2 people into a quad or less than 5 into a family cabin. On the flip side I have heard several people on these boards say they have had no problem doing just that, so I guess it depends on who you get on the phone. We booked through a TA and weren't allowed. Good Luck and enjoy your cruise.

We booked a Family Promenade room Jan 2011 for our upcoming cruise. Our 5th person (my nephew) is unable to make it. That drops us down to 4 people in the cabin. I called our TA and told her my concern that they will bump us out of the room, she said that if they do- they will upgrade us. I'm still concerned. We are traveling over spring break and not many rooms to choose from now. :confused:

Now I'm getting nervous. We booked FOS 7408 and we have friends who booked cabins all around us. Anyone know if Mid-October is likely to have a full enough ship to cause us to get bumped...and whether having linked reservations helps keep you in place at all?

Archived