St.Thomas and Oasis of the Seas...

RickEk

If Oasis of the Seas is scheduled to be in St. Thomas as the same time as our voyage on the Caribbean Princess, will we dock in Havensight instead of Crown Bay?? Carnival Dream is supposed to be there too that day!

If you know what day you'll be in St. Thomas, you can check this site:

http://havefunwithus.net/resources/cruiseships.html

and it should tell you what ships will be at what dock that day (although I don't see Caribbean Princess on there anywhere.) If the Oasis is at Crown Bay, I'd say the chances that you'll be at Havensight are probably pretty good.

If you know what day you'll be in St. Thomas, you can check this site:

http://havefunwithus.net/resources/cruiseships.html

and it should tell you what ships will be at what dock that day (although I don't see Caribbean Princess on there anywhere.) If the Oasis is at Crown Bay, I'd say the chances that you'll be at Havensight are probably pretty good.

Hmmm... well, we're definitely there on August 2, 2011. Cruisett had us listed but not Carnival Liberty... oh well. From what I understand, Oasis of the Seas HAS to dock at Crown Bay. But I don't know if a ship the size of the Caribbean Princess could share that dock...

I was in St. Thomas 6 times last winter. The first time was on the Maasdam (1260 passengers) and we were at Crown Bay with the Oasis. When the Emerald was in St. Thomas with the Oasis, the Oasis was at Crown Bay and we were at Havensight.

Thanks! Sounds like we'll be at Havensight. Coolness abounds... :)

If Oasis of the Seas is scheduled to be in St. Thomas as the same time as our voyage on the Caribbean Princess, will we dock in Havensight instead of Crown Bay?? Carnival Dream is supposed to be there too that day!

According to this website you will be docked with the Oasis at Crown Bay.

http://www.viport.com/shipschedules.html

I had high hopes for our sailing on the CB as well to be in Havensight since we will be in port with the Freedom of the Seas and Carnival Valor. But not according to that schedule. :(

We were on the Emerald a week ago and didn't dock...we had to anchor as the piers were taken at Crown Bay and Havensight.

We tendered right to the center of town :D with no need for taxis. The Emerald filled the harbor and was quite a sight to see.

On two of our 6 times in St. Thomas this year, that website was wrong. Of course, that still means it was right a majority of the time- it's just not definitive. I would be surprised if the Emerald was with the Oasis at CB. One time we were at Havensight because the QM2 was at CB, and the QM2 is much smaller than the Oasis. But, as we've seen, anything can happen (even a tender; that's a new one for me!). And one time, in the winter, the Emerald was the ONLY ship in St. Thomas. That was also a new one for me. We were at Crown Bay that day.

We were on the Emerald a week ago and didn't dock...we had to anchor as the piers were taken at Crown Bay and Havensight.

We tendered right to the center of town :D with no need for taxis. The Emerald filled the harbor and was quite a sight to see.

We anchored in the harbor once while on the Disney Magic. The QM2 was anchored in the outer bay.

Tendering in couldn't have been more convenient. After shopping we returned to the ship for a late lunch on the aft deck and observed all the activity going on in the harbor...seaplanes taking off, boats coming and going, etc. It was a fantastic day.

Lew

With only 3 ships in port, the CB will be dock on Havensight. along with the Dream. I have been docked at Crown Bay over a dozen times and have never seen more than 1 ship docked there, I don't think any of the main stream cruiseline ships being so large can fit on the inside birth. About 25 years ago & before it was a true cruise ship dock, I was docked there on the Crown Odyssey with a small submarine from another country (not US) was docked on the inside.

Harvey

We were visiting St Thomas on the Emerald last year while the Oasis of the Seas was docked. Just make sure you leave yourself plenty of time to get back to the ship! The roads were grid lock! We've never seen it so busy

Dave

I have been docked at Crown Bay over a dozen times and have never seen more than 1 ship docked there, I don't think any of the main stream cruiseline ships being so large can fit on the inside birth.

In March at Crown Bay on the Emerald, a Holland America ship was also docked there, and on a number of other occasions we have had more than one cruise ship tied to the pier.

http://www.viport.com/shipschedules.html

I had high hopes for our sailing on the CB as well to be in Havensight since we will be in port with the Freedom of the Seas and Carnival Valor. But not according to that schedule. :(

Bummer...

Just a quick follow up to my previous post....

Keep an eye on that schedule since earlier in the week it said we were in port (July 6) with 2 other ships and now it shows the CB being all by itself??

Allrighty, it's all taken with a grain of salt. For New Year's, the Crown Princess was docked at Crown Bay along with Celebrity Solstice, there were three ships at Havensight and an NCL ship had to tender. I'm hoping that with the Oasis in port, we'd be at Havensight, but I guess it'll be a kick to see her up close if we're docked together at Crown Bay.

5330267365_349054b017_z.jpg

St. Thomas from Paradise Point by RickEk, on Flickr

Archived