Driver in Rome vs Rome in Limo

flip

Before you jump on me about using the search engine, I will answer that I have and can't find the answer. Maybe I'm just to impatient to do an extensive search. Anyway, does anyone have an opinion about Driver in Rome vs Rome in Limo? I know there are a lot of posts about Rome in Limo and they come highly recommended but what about Driver in Rome? Anyone used them and can give some opinions. Thanks

I'm with Bruce you will find few people who have used both.

I searched high and low when I tried to compare a few years ago. I travel a lot not as much as many here, but I suspect that many of us when we find something good we go back to that same well again and again.

If the price is similar or close enough, for me that was 10-20% I went with the one with the largest mass or recommendatoins. Call that shallow but you'll find few that used both and probalby fewer even than with a prospective and willing to take the time to share the differences that might matter.

Sorry no easy answer, good luck with your decision!

Before you jump on me about using the search engine, I will answer that I have and can't find the answer. Maybe I'm just to impatient to do an extensive search. Anyway, does anyone have an opinion about Driver in Rome vs Rome in Limo? I know there are a lot of posts about Rome in Limo and they come highly recommended but what about Driver in Rome? Anyone used them and can give some opinions. Thanks

Thanks for the reply. I had booked with Driver in Rome thinking I was booking with Rome In Limo, thus the question. I will try to book with Rome In Limo, hoping I can get a reservation this late.

If you've used the search engine and can't find much re Driver in Rome, that would suggest to me that there aren't too many folks on here who have used them. A year and a half ago when I did research on here to find a guide for our day in Rome, there was no question that Rome in Limo got the highest marks. We used them based on that and would have to agree. And from the recent posts, people still love them.

Hope you can work it out; have a great trip no matter what!

We used Driverinrome a few years ago. Our driver/guide Daniele was great. As our cruise ship sailed down the Med, he met us each morning in his Mercedes van in Livorno, Civitivecchia and Naples and gave us great tours of Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. He is very personable...it's his father's company....speaks perfect English...and has great charm and humor. Couldn't ask for a better tour guide...and driver. His tours were the highlight of our trip...and he got us into the Vatican in seconds...ahead of a 2 hour line with guile and humor.

We used Driverinrome a few years ago. Our driver/guide Daniele was great. As our cruise ship sailed down the Med, he met us each morning in his Mercedes van in Livorno, Civitivecchia and Naples and gave us great tours of Florence, Rome and the Amalfi Coast. He is very personable...it's his father's company....speaks perfect English...and has great charm and humor. Couldn't ask for a better tour guide...and driver. His tours were the highlight of our trip...and he got us into the Vatican in seconds...ahead of a 2 hour line with guile and humor.

Big Thumbs up for driverinrome.Com. We also had Daniele as our driver when we were off the Brilliance in 07. Absolutely fantastic.....and I am a very Type A luxe traveller! Daniele was prompt at the ship, spoke perfect English (found out that he lived in Canada for 10 years), had a brand new Mercedes van, was funny, charming ,and ladies.....easy on the eye. He was able to save us time by pre-purchasing our tickets at a discount for the collliseum, had a tour guide waiting for us as we literally walked into St. Peter's and the Sistine Chapel, found an amazing non-touristy place for a fantastic lunch, and at the end of the day was waiting with a fresh cut bouquet of flowers for my neice who happened to turn 13 years that day! All I can say was, "Wow!!" Our 2 families absolutely adored Daniele, and I say without hesitation that it was the best tour day by far. Oh, and our friends who were in another van off the same cruise had Remo (his father) and said that their day was nothing short of spectacular.

I should mention, that we are once again using driverinrome services this summer for our cruise aboard the Equinox. We are using this company for airport to hotel, hotel to port, port to airport, and have arranged a private tour out of Naples for 2 families with the request for Daniele to be our driver!

I am a very discerning traveller. Perhaps there are companies that may charge less, to be fair, as other posters have stated that once one finds a company that works for them, they generally will not look any further. Simply put, I have absolutely no need to look further... this company was fantastic.

Thanks for the reply. I had booked with Driver in Rome thinking I was booking with Rome In Limo, thus the question. I will try to book with Rome In Limo, hoping I can get a reservation this late.

The names are confusing for sure. I think you'll find MANY reviews for Romeinlimo. That is the only company I have used. So others are right. You'll find few that have used both. Once you find a company that is so great, why take a chance on another? Not saying anything bad about the other company... just saying that I wouldn't switch companies when I have had such great experiences. Get with Romeinlimo. You never know. They work miracles, that's for sure! I had a group that just kept growing and growing and they kept accommodating my needs. They were just incredible to work with.:)

Mainly would like an opinion from people that have used Driver in Rome.

I have just returned from a Mediterranean cruise and can highly recommend Driver In Rome. The company is extremely reliable with their goal to make any tour with them the very best possible. I speak from much experience as we've used them 4 times in Rome and a total of 11 times which includes Florence (including Pisa), Rome, & Naples (Amalfi Coast & Pompeii). Every single experience with Drive In Rome was outstanding and that is hard to beat as we have toured many times in the Mediterranean. They arranged tours so we saw everything we wanted to see, purchased tickets to different venues ahead of time so we didn't waste valuable time standing in long, exhausting lines, and made sure we understood where and when we were to meet. They were prompt in picking us up at the designated time and place. DIR also made sure we had a full day tour but with time to spare getting to the ship so we didn't panic. Can't say enough great things about them. :D:)

Check out a couple of my photos from this last trip...only went to Rome in Italy this time. Check back for more as I just returned:

http://www.pixofwild.com/Europe/Rome2011/16687915_nXbGkR#1258440412_Gzq8Ws9

If you've used the search engine and can't find much re Driver in Rome, that would suggest to me that there aren't too many folks on here who have used them....

Hope you can work it out; have a great trip no matter what!

It is unfortunate that people who have great experiences with a company get too busy once home that they forget to post regarding their experiences. I'm one of them. Not this time.

I can guarantee that Driver In Rome will give you the very best tour possible! They have never disappointed us in the 11 times we have used them (Florence (including Pisa), Rome, and Naples (Amalfi Coast & Pompeii)).

Don't hesitate to ask me questions. We've toured Rome on our own for 4 days, been there several times, but for a first time, DIR is definitely my choice. Good luck.

Archived