Cameras you want for your NEXT cruise.

I hump a canon T2i rebel with a 100\400 lens,it has some weight to it, but it lets me reach out and get those far away shots, especially the ones of nature.I take it with me on cruises along with 3 other lenses, and my lap top for down loading,I got some great shots when I was in labadee haiti in the back country, my wife gets mad at me when I do this, she says its like hanging a big sign around my neck saying Rob me. lol:eek:

Im getting a t3i in the comming weeks. Ive never owned a serious camera before. I was very interested in getting great video as well as great pictures.

Ive seen some underwater kits on ebay that look like a big ziplock to me for about $120. Any other options that can stand more than 5 feet of water?

After 30 years and 10's of thousands of $ (on Nikons), the Canon S95 is the perfect travel camera. Got one for my daughter and if you know what you are doing it can produce images that rival most anything else available.

Walmart now has it for 340, a steal.

Im getting a t3i in the comming weeks. Ive never owned a serious camera before. I was very interested in getting great video as well as great pictures.

Ive seen some underwater kits on ebay that look like a big ziplock to me for about $120. Any other options that can stand more than 5 feet of water?

You can get the Pentax UW camera for approximately the same (120) on eBay.

DSLR in a squishy-pak? :eek:

Maybe for rain, but not for the ocean!

You can get the Pentax UW camera for approximately the same (120) on eBay.

Good advice. Unless you are doing more than snorkeling and going all the way with an Ikelite housing for the DSLR and underwater lighting, a compact like you describe is an excellent choice. Most produce good results and you won't get an ulcer worrying about it.

Dave

Archived