Past Passanger Error... a problem or not??

smoothdancer

Strange thing... This is our 4th cruise on Princess coming up so we are not an elite status or anything where it much matters.

Princess shows me as gold status, husband as "new"..... We have always cruised together so we should both be the same. It is no big deal except should we want to go to the past passanger cocktail party I am now wondering if it will be a problem for him to enter... Are invites by cabin or person?

Call Princess and speak with the Captain Circle office. It is possible you have multiple Captain Circle numbers and they can straighten everything out.

Though, if you don't - he can attend the party with you. But in the long run, you will want this updated so you can eventually get free internet, etc..

Strange thing... This is our 4th cruise on Princess coming up so we are not an elite status or anything where it much matters.

Princess shows me as gold status, husband as "new"..... We have always cruised together so we should both be the same. It is no big deal except should we want to go to the past passenger cocktail party I am now wondering if it will be a problem for him to enter... Are invites by cabin or person?

My personalizer shows the same thing. We both have past passenger numbers but it shows me as new. Maybe it's a computer glitch.

Maam call them so they are able to correct the glitch, ASAP.

On something like that you well know they do not need and E&O Policy..

;)

The printed invitations, are per person done.

Princess shows me as gold status, husband as "new"..... We have always cruised together so we should both be the same. It is no big deal except should we want to go to the past passanger cocktail party I am now wondering if it will be a problem for him to enter... Are invites by cabin or person?

It is no big deal except should we want to go to the past passanger cocktail party I am now wondering if it will be a problem for him to enter...

It will be no problem for him to go with you if they fix it or not.

However, as others have said, call Princess and have the Captain's Circle people fix it.

It will be no problem for him to go with you if they fix it or not.

However, as others have said, call Princess and have the Captain's Circle people fix it.

I'm so glad that you have said that.........as my wife if Gold, and I'm Elite.

If she could not attend.......and this is our first Pricess cruise since 2006........it will also be our last.

We are ex RCCL cruisers........with over 100 cruises with them, averaging 8 to 20 per year.

Our last cruise on Princess........in a full suite.......was the next thing to aweful, and I won't go into the problems that we faced, but they were enough to keep us away from them for the past 5 plus years.

We are on the Golden to Hawaii.......and have no expectations, so hopefully we will start enjoying Princess once again.

We will let you know!!:)

Rick

Same thing happened to me. We are booked on a Canada/New England cruise in June, our third on Princess. Looking at the cruise personalizer on the weekend I noticed my wife is Gold and I'm "new". Smehow I've gotten more than one past passenger #. Not too worried about the cocktail party but I do want to accumulate sea days to get to Elite. Will call Princess today to get fixed.

Had this happen on my upcoming trip - my mother was listed as gold and my dad as new although they have always travelled together.

Rang the Captains Circle who sorted it. Seems they had given him a new number as the cruise was booked under my address! Took all of five seconds for the problem to be fixed and his status to be corrected to gold.

can anyone explain this?

Apart from the obvious... how do you qualify? (e.g a certain number of sea days/times travelled)

Can you take members of your group who are new to cruising?

I assume you pay for the cocktails?

Thanks

Sorry, to use the abbreviations.

E&O is Errors and Omission Insurance.

At all B/D ( Broker / Dealers ) as well most financial area firms have to have this so it cuts the problems, costs, Maam.

It is not used a lot but if needed it is there to cover things.;)

OK, will call them. I read enough compeling reasons here to do so. (although I dont know what a E&O policy is)

Thanks!

can anyone explain this?

Apart from the obvious... how do you qualify? (e.g a certain number of sea days/times travelled)

Can you take members of your group who are new to cruising?

I assume you pay for the cocktails?

Thanks

Anyone who has traveled at least once on Princess is a past passenger, has been assigned a Captain's Circle number, and is moved up from a blue (1st time) to a gold (1 through 4 completed cruises of less than 50 days on a Princess ship). Those under 18 will stay "blue" until reaching 18, but will then get the status they have earned.

One moves to Platinum status after 5 completed cruises or 50 days, whichever is achieved first. The new status applies at the start of the next Princess voyage.

One moves to Elite after 15 completed cruises or 150 days, whichever is achieved first. The new status applies at the start of the next Princess voyage.

You can actually earn an additional cruise "credit" towards the 5 or 15 breakpoints by sailing in a full suite that you paid for (not upgraded too) or if you are a solo traveler.

As far as the past passenger party, you can take your cabinmate if that person is a newbie, but not friends sailing in another cabin.

Drinks are free at the party, but limited in selection (and some consider them to be watered down). You can usually ask for wine or soda and they will bring that to you instead of their standard drinks, also no charge.

Anyone who has traveled at least once on Princess is a past passenger, has been assigned a Captain's Circle number, and is moved up from a blue (1st time) to a gold (1 through 4 completed cruises of less than 50 days on a Princess ship). Those under 18 will stay "blue" until reaching 18, but will then get the status they have earned.

One moves to Platinum status after 5 completed cruises or 50 days, whichever is achieved first. The new status applies at the start of the next Princess voyage.

One moves to Elite after 15 completed cruises or 150 days, whichever is achieved first. The new status applies at the start of the next Princess voyage.

You can actually earn an additional cruise "credit" towards the 5 or 15 breakpoints by sailing in a full suite that you paid for (not upgraded too) or if you are a solo traveler.

As far as the past passenger party, you can take your cabinmate if that person is a newbie, but not friends sailing in another cabin.

Drinks are free at the party, but limited in selection (and some consider them to be watered down). You can usually ask for wine or soda and they will bring that to you instead of their standard drinks, also no charge.

Thank you

DW and I had the opposite "problem". When we returned to cruising after a 7 year layoff, I called the Captain's Circle desk to check on our status. I had been given credit for 3 cruises I had never taken. My wife, for some reason, was credited with only 2. I told the agent this, and she laughed and said "Well, once they're given, they are not rescinded". It was a nice aid to reaching Elite quickly, something that we've earned many times over in the interim. DW still kids me about sneaking off to take that imaginary cruise she wasn't credited with. :)

OK, will call them. I read enough compeling reasons here to do so. (although I dont know what a E&O policy is)

Thanks!

Glad to hear E&O doesn't mean the same thing as it does in my industry - "Excess and Obsolete". :eek: That's a category I'm desparately trying to avoid ! :rolleyes:

Had this happen on my upcoming trip - my mother was listed as gold and my dad as new although they have always travelled together.

Rang the Captains Circle who sorted it. Seems they had given him a new number as the cruise was booked under my address! Took all of five seconds for the problem to be fixed and his status to be corrected to gold.

Had same thing happen to me shortly before turning Platinum. Somehow I got issued a new Captain's Circle number when my wife booked the cruise through a travel agent near her business. It only took a short phone call to the Captain's Circle desk at the Princess 1-800 number, but it took it over a week to catch up with my online booking. We sailed before it did, but the onboard system had it right.

Archived