need help re:flight home (tampa)

traybee

Still in the planning phase of booking a cruise with Carnival on the Legend in November.

I can save a bit of money by flying home on a flight that leaves tampa airport at 11:51. I'd prefer the 2pm flight but right now it's more money and i'm worried that prices on flights are going to get more expensive.

Would a 11:51 flight be too stressful to make it to the airport in time? I'm a Cdn citizen so i'm not sure if that will delay things in getting off the ship.

Would you book it?

Thanks!

You should make it. Id probably do early walk off myself as the time I hit a full customs inspection, they didnt warn us ahead of time and I know it took 2 hours to get off the ship and there were still people getting off at 1:30 pm, so play it safe and get off early and get to the airport.

The 3 times we did the Legend, our flights were earlier than that and we had plenty of time. As far as I know, they do non-citizens first, as well. While you can't be assured that you will make that flight if unforeseen circumstances should arise, I would say it's a pretty safe bet.

Awesome ship, staff and ports...have a GREAT time!:)

Carnival recommends not booking a flight prior to noon... 11:51 seems close enough to me. Of course, there are unforeseen circumstances so the later the better. It's about a 25 minute cab ride to the airport so, not too bad.

Using self debark will help quite a bit...

:)

I often take the 4 day cruise out if tampa

I work near the airport

Getting off the ship thru self assist I'm In the office by 815am the latest I got to the office was 855am

Not fair - your lucky! I live in PA and cannot get close enough.

I often take the 4 day cruise out if tampa

I work near the airport

Getting off the ship thru self assist I'm In the office by 815am the latest I got to the office was 855am

We just booked our return flight home from Tampa for our Oct cruise. We have an early 11:30 departure as well. You can do the self-assist or get an early debark zone # by showing your airline reservation. Here is a link from the Carnival FAQ's on departure times for Tampa. It says 11:30 should be the earliest departure times. Good luck to you.

http://www.carnival.com/cms/fun/Airport_and_Pier_Transfers/tampa.aspx

Yes it is nice

Most of those 4 days are unplaned

My pvp calls with deals about 10 days out or so

It's great cause I leave a bit early on Thursday. And take off one day Friday

Love it.

You should make it. Id probably do early walk off myself as the time I hit a full customs inspection, they didnt warn us ahead of time and I know it took 2 hours to get off the ship and there were still people getting off at 1:30 pm, so play it safe and get off early and get to the airport.

I am platinum- my choice of flights oafter the LEgend at 10:30 or 2pm.

if I walk off early enough-- can I make that 10:30

If you do self-debark, make sure you are up nice and early. The elevators and stairways get clogged with people hauling huge suitcases.

I actually saw an elevator lobby where the people came down, but it was so crowded, they could not leave the elevator, thus putting it out of commission.

For me, that was the middle part of a back-to-back, and I was just looking to say goodbye to people.

Still in the planning phase of booking a cruise with Carnival on the Legend in November.

I can save a bit of money by flying home on a flight that leaves tampa airport at 11:51. I'd prefer the 2pm flight but right now it's more money and i'm worried that prices on flights are going to get more expensive.

Would a 11:51 flight be too stressful to make it to the airport in time? I'm a Cdn citizen so i'm not sure if that will delay things in getting off the ship.

Would you book it?

Thanks!

last year I was one of the last people off the Legend (flew out on Monday) we got to the hotel near the airport at 11:45

Would you book it?

Thanks!

last year I was one of the last people off the Legend (flew out on Monday) we got to the hotel near the airport at 11:45

It is a short cab ride to the airport you should be fine.

• 4 months later...
I was going to try and book that 11:51 flight too and now they have put the price up! Should I risk the 10:15?

I always to self-debarkation and we are in a suite so should get off early I believe.....

10:15 is too early and risky for me :eek: -- you'd need to be at TPA by 9:00 or before, which means off the ship, clear of customs/immigration and in a cab by 8:30 or so. It can be done,if everything goes perfectly, but sweating out my flight home is not how I want to spend my cruise.

Good luck! :)

10:15 is too early and risky for me :eek: -- you'd need to be at TPA by 9:00 or before, which means off the ship, clear of customs/immigration and in a cab by 8:30 or so. It can be done,if everything goes perfectly, but sweating out my flight home is not how I want to spend my cruise.

Good luck! :)

I agree- there is just way too much at stake here= THere is a reason that flight is cheaper then the rest.

Book a later flight and see if you can make that flight and go stand-by.

Archived