room service menu

I don't know if this is true for all ships, but on our Caribbean Princess cruise this June they had added an English muffin egg breakfast sandwich to the menu. We thought that was a great addition to the menu!

Are you refering to the International Cafe? On the Golden they had it as well.

On your next cruise' date=' you have to try it.

All you have to do is throw the waiter a few bucks. (tip)

If you have a balcony, it's a great way to relax and enjoy a quiet meal.[/quote']

True! Although I prefer the international cafe/buffet. Know it defeats the purpose of room service but still can be eaten out on the balcony ;)

True! Although I prefer the international cafe/buffet. Know it defeats the purpose of room service but still can be eaten out on the balcony ;)

I do too. I enjoy having eggs, toast, waffles, pancakes, etc for breakfast, which Princess doesn't serve for room service. :rolleyes:

On our Celebrity, we were surprised that our breakfast arrived pipping hot.

We were on the Caribbean Princess (balcony,'08),Island Princess (mini-suite,'09),and Ruby Princess (balcony,'10), and I received eggs, sausage & toast for breakfast, occasionally, per room service on all three ships. We used the room service breakfast card but would write in our desired selections, and always received them at requested times, and always tipped for the great service. :) My dh had his daily (seriously) cruise breakfast of smoked salmon, bagel, cream cheese,capers, etc. delivered, also. :p

HAL has similar room service and you can always ask to have the dining room menu delivered to your cabin and then you can order anything off it room service. I've done that many times and enjoyed a dining room dinner on my balcony. On the other hand, like Celebrity, their buffet hours are limited for breakfast (9:30am), lunch (2:00pm) and dinner (8pm) so unless you want pizza or a hot dog, room service is your only option. Neither has anything like the International Cafe. Celebrity has the Cova Cafe which is more like the Princess Patisserie on some ships.

Actually, Pam, on X, a section with full choices of the breakfast buffet is open until 11:00. And the dinner buffet is open until 9:30...maybe a bit later. The buffet has the salad station open as well as other areas later during the day. The new buffet stations compared to the old fashiopned cafeteria line buffets are wonderful.

Things are different on the S class ships.They have Bistro on 5 which is comparable to the International Cafe on Princess. Crepes, paninis, salads, desserts etc. It's open all day. Also the Spa cafe for lighter meals and salads. As well as the cova cafe for small bites.

Still like breakfast room service menus on X way better. All room service offerings.. from breakfast, appetizers, sandwiches, hot entrees etc. And that doesn't include what you might want to order off the dining room menus. Hmmm...time to make dinner. :rolleyes:

• 1 year later...
  • 1 year later...
Does anyone have any recent experience with writing in items you would like delivered to your room on the card that hangs on the door? Eggs Benedict? Smoked salmon? Bacon?

We never fill out the breakfast card because never sure what time we will get up. However, upon rising we do call room service and have always gotten what we asked for.....scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, omelets etc. My suggestion is try you may be pleasantly surprised.:)

We never fill out the breakfast card because never sure what time we will get up. However, upon rising we do call room service and have always gotten what we asked for.....scrambled eggs, bacon, sausage, omelets etc. My suggestion is try you may be pleasantly surprised.:)

Thanks! I'll give it a go.

• 4 weeks later...
We have never cruised X but that looks amazing. I was disappointed to learn Princess' breakfast room service and coffee is so bleak..:(

We HAVE cruised =X= and it is amazing. Far superior to the boring breakfast choices on Princess. At home we often wake up slowly in the sunroom with coffee and nibbles, and we like to do the same on our balcony when cruising. And, like others have stated, we use the service as our wakeup. Another plus is that on Celebrity they phone your room just before delivering, giving you a chance to at least slip on a robe!! ;)

On the other hand, as stated earlier, there was NO service to the buffet tables on =X=. The only time you saw staff in the table area is when they are clearing the tables. Now that Princess does beverage service to the tables (nice recent change) and the cutlery placed ahead, the buffet is a more pleasant experience. (And the new buffet arrangement on the Royal Princess is a HUGE improvement, with very attentive staff, as well.)

We like Celebrity, but Princess is still our favorite, as you can see below.....