room service menu

• 4 months later...

Wow, have I been out of circulation!

The Room Service menu actually added a couple more hot items!

I know, it's no great feast, but sometimes, especially after a busy port day, I just want to stay in my cabin and rest in my "lounge clothes" at dinner time...:D

Wow, have I been out of circulation!

The Room Service menu actually added a couple more hot items!

I love the lasagne on the room service menu. That's what we have for lunch if we get back to the ship too late to go to the dining room and don't feel like going to the buffet.

Here is a little room service tip.

For some reason the burgers they bring you with room service are 100% better then what you get at the Trident grill. I have taken to ordering room service and have them deliver it to my deck chair instead of going to the grill.

That is a GREAT idea and I'm going to remember that. Thanks!:D

I assume that you can order somethings for breakfast...not necessarily hot, but cereal and pastries?

I so wish they would fix the search engine, as I know there are copies of the room service menu posted somewhere, but I can't locate them without the search feature. :(

Anyway, yes, there is a room service breakfast menu (you can either put the order form on your door the night before or call in your order about 20-30 minutes before you want it delivered). One thing we have had problems with in the past, especially when our stateroom is located by the elevators, is that the door order form seems to disappear quite frequently and breakfast has not been delivered), although it is a pretty basic continental breakfast with the new addition recently of a hot breakfast sandwich. ;)

Edited by Toto2Kansas

NICE! Princess room service menu looks a lot better than NCL's :D

Actually as a regular Celebrity cruiser (and a newbie to Princess in Jan. ) the room service menu is bleak in comparison to X. I know we'll miss the opportunity for a hot entree and more variety for other items at breakfast on our balcony.

Edited by eandj

Actually as a regular Celebrity cruiser (and a newbie to Princess in Jan. ) the room service menu is bleak in comparison to X. I know we'll miss the opportunity for a hot entree and more variety for other items at breakfast on our balcony.
On the other hand, the Lido on Celebrity is open only certain hours. It's closed relatively early for breakfast and again after lunch, and is closed during the afternoon until dinner. We usually have late Traditional dining and I like to make a salad as an afternoon snack. No dice on Celebrity. IMHO, it's six of one, half a dozen of another. I'd rather have the buffet open all day. :)

Maybe we will try Celebrity, will have a look at the boards, makess Princess look like a snack bar:D
HAL has similar room service and you can always ask to have the dining room menu delivered to your cabin and then you can order anything off it room service. I've done that many times and enjoyed a dining room dinner on my balcony. On the other hand, like Celebrity, their buffet hours are limited for breakfast (9:30am), lunch (2:00pm) and dinner (8pm) so unless you want pizza or a hot dog, room service is your only option. Neither has anything like the International Cafe. Celebrity has the Cova Cafe which is more like the Princess Patisserie on some ships. Edited by Pam in CA

Celebrity's breakfast menu.

262767369_mHj49-X2.jpg

What a menu:D

On our last Celebrity cruise, there were no hang tag menus. I thought our only option was to order from the TV which didn't go too well the one time we tried. :o I wanted ketchup to go with my hash browns. Couldn't figure out how to order it. I thought I ordered one each of choice, got 2 of each:eek:.

Yes HAL is my favourite line but have never been Celebrity. Not keen on buffets on any ship except for afternoon tea sometimes. I do like a proper breakfast on the balcony. We used Princees room service for breakfast as a wake up call and a coffee to wake us up:)

What a menu:D

On our last Celebrity cruise, there were no hang tag menus. I thought our only option was to order from the TV which didn't go too well the one time we tried. :o I wanted ketchup to go with my hash browns. Couldn't figure out how to order it. I thought I ordered one each of choice, got 2 of each:eek:.

I had hard time finding it myself...Not realizing it was located in the book on the desk.

Once I found it... :D:D

We had a very port instance cruise. 5/7

We ordered room service to make it easier getting ready for our excursions.

It was a delight to receive our warm breakfast fast.:p

breakfastx.jpg.bc41468a3ec5acc98954fb644a2c5284.jpg

Edited by Feelin' Nauti'

Celebrity spoiled me with their service. Outstanding! :)
Lucky you. :) My cabin steward was just OK, nothing special; bar staff were OK, nothing special; dining waistaff were excellent, among the best I've had. With the exception of the dining staff, the others were average. Service in the Lido was poor, whole sections of tables not cleared, asking for a glass of juice or tea got blank stares, having anyone come by to see if I wanted or needed anything was practically non-existent, I had to call them over, etc. I had to go and search for someone to clean the tables. And that was every day whether at breakfast or lunch. Not what I call outstanding. If you're comparing, HAL's bar and Lido service has always been much better than my experience on Celebrity. Of the three lines, I've had much better cabin, buffet and dining room service on Princess. Edited by Pam in CA

Lucky you. :) My cabin steward was just OK, nothing special; bar staff were OK, nothing special; dining waistaff were excellent, among the best I've had. With the exception of the dining staff, the others were average. Service in the Lido was poor, whole sections of tables not cleared, asking for a glass of juice or tea got blank stares, having anyone come by to see if I wanted or needed anything was practically non-existent, I had to call them over, etc. I had to go and search for someone to clean the tables. And that was every day whether at breakfast or lunch. Not what I call outstanding. If you're comparing, HAL's bar and Lido service has always been much better than my experience on Celebrity. Of the three lines, I've had much better cabin, buffet and dining room service on Princess.

Sounds like my RC cruise. :cool:

Worst service I ever received.

Princess does have great service, no doubt about it.

Comparing Princess with Celebrity... I think both lines have a phenomenal crew.

I can not say one bad thing.