Brief Review New Amsterdam TA 4/3-4/18

sos1720

We had a veranda cabin on the Navigation Deck, right under the Lido, next to the sea view elevator. Beautiful Ship. Great Crew. Great Food. And to address some issues often brought up on this site:

Noise was not a problem in the cabin, couldn't hear anything outside.

The poor, besieged smokers kept to themselves, never a factor.

We last cruised on Prinsendam in '07 and did not notice any decline in service or any effects of the economic downturn on the quality of the trip.

The shows were really well done, not Broadway caliber, but very good choreography, stage sets and the cast worked their tails off.

The "all laundry all the time deal" not HALs words, was fantastic. We paid about $100 and they did all the laundry all the time the whole trip.

We only had time to try the Tamarind which we really enjoyed.

And of course the Master Chef's Dinner thing: It was really nice and I can say without doubt that the staff enjoyed it. The menu had many choices just like every other night and Baked Alaska was brought to the table for dessert. But the waiter also asked if anyone would like something different.

I also thought during the first few days, people are tired from their trip to the ship and a little extra tense or even a little cranky. The complainers quieted down markedly after a few days of fun and relaxation.

I would recommend this ship to anyone looking for a great cruise.

Glad to hear you enjoyed your cruise.

Love the comments. thanks so much for sharing with us:)

Glad you enjoyed yourself and yes, it sounds like you had the same 'MCD" we did, very toned down with decent food ;)

Did you find the Verandah Stateroom large enough for the 12-day cruise?

I booked the same category for next year. I'm thinking the Superior Verandah might be more accommodating for 12-days? Any thoughts??

Great review...But do you seriously expect us to take is seriously.. I mean you loved everything, Had a great time... and didnt complain.!!!:rolleyes:

I had the same experience as you for a 14 day cruise....

The food was so good in the lido that we skipped the main dining room much of the time.

We found the Lido has pretty much the same menu as the dining room, and you could design you meals and avoid stuff you didnt like as much.

I generaly skip the food carnival with the singing waiters and baked alaska

I am going back for a 30 day cruise in a few months.. I loved the layout of the ship... one of the very best I have ever had the pleasure to sail on and I agree Trimirand is outstanding both in decore and food.

As to a verands being big enought for 12 days.... I guess so. Its your typical "tunnel" design and some of the closets are only half depth. But for 12 days... you won't need much

My preference on the ship , and this is after sailing one week in a veranda and one week in a Large J inside on the main deck, was that I much prefered the inside in terms of comfort, space, design and accessability to everyhting . I called it my inside penthouse.. and it is way larger than a veranda. Unless you are doing a lot of costal cruising in fijords ot the like. I found little use of the veranda.. can be very windy and cold too.

Archived