Room locations :D

6 of us

This is my 4th Carnival Cruise coming up HURRAY. We have always stayed in the middle or near the back of the ship. This time we are staying in a port hole cabin that is the very 1st cabin at the very front of the ship. I like the idea of being in different spots, I am curious if anyone has stayed in that spot. Is it quiet, noisy, no difference? Just want to prepare :D.

You didn't mention what ship but that should not matter. You will hear the anchor when arriving/departing at a tender port .

depends on the side of ship. and whats above you or below you

If you hit rough waters you will feel the most motion being that far forward.

Its a LONG LONG trek to the food every day- sometimes twice a day.

my hubby and i stayed in porthole room on Inspiration, M-2.(i think) We heard the anchor on port days, not a big deal. fell right back to sleep. we did enjoy the rocking we felt on some nights as the sea must have been a little rough. other than that it was very quiet and we enjoyed the porthole room alot.

I have been in a spot where I could hear the engine & feel the vibrations when in reverse, then I have been on the seas when they were so rough I almost shot out to the shower, so the rocking I can handle too. Looks like we will be awesome! Can't wait!! :D.

I can tell you that it woke me up every morning we docked at a port and about 3 :45 am the last morning when we were circling. I think it was stablizers when we had to circle and wait to go into the channel.

Also if its rough, the sound of the waves crashing on the hull sounds like the ship hit a rock its so loud.

I find the PTs can be very loud, especially if the water is a bit rough. I still like them, but dont expect them to be quiet.

It would be a great service if the cruise planners would give any kind of heads up on the room location/noises & such. That way if you are a heavy vs light sleeper, you could choose your room accordingly.

We stayed in the porthole cabins with our daughters. There is a flat space between the wall and the actual portholes. There are curtains against the wall leaving a cozy space which was quickly claimed as our daughter's fort! They moved blankets and pillows there and that's where they slept. We have a funny picture of them behind the curtain peeking out. The other posters were correct about the anchor noise. Have a fun time.

Archived