Zeebruge to Bruge Transport

mace1942

Mace1942-

We are traveling on Eclipse on the same cruise. I have not done my research yet as to the best way to get to Brugge (rail or train). I had a knee replacement 2/28 and hope to be walking well by cruise time. If there is a long walk to the train I would opt for taxi. Have you done research re: train?

Because Zebrugge is such a busy port. there's often a shuttle bus put on to take you to the seaside town of Blankenburg. The bus will stop close to the railway station for Brugge. On your return, cross the road for the shuttle bus back.

Jo.

Mace1942-

We are traveling on Eclipse on the same cruise. I have not done my research yet as to the best way to get to Brugge (rail or train). I had a knee replacement 2/28 and hope to be walking well by cruise time. If there is a long walk to the train I would opt for taxi. Have you done research re: train?

Hi

It seems that the train is very efficient and runs hourly on a Sunday. Posts I have received suggest that Celebrity will have a shuttle to the train station for a small charge. The train station is reasonably near the centre of Bruge which is good as access does seem to be a problem. I understand that the excursion from the ship 'Bruge on your own ' drops you quite a long way from the centre. We have been to Bruge before, super place looking forward to a return visit and all the other destinations on the cruise.

Hope this helps you and you are fit and well by the 19th.

Regards

Janet Mason

Archived