loyalty program for PAST passengers P&O

thied

• 3 weeks later...
loyalty program for PAST passengers P&O Starts in August 2011:D

WRONG !!!!!!! :rolleyes:... as per MY source P&O :) they are NOT starting a loyalty program for past passengers ..they are however launching a system shortly for past passengers to be able to log into to upgrade their details ...so there you have it folks ...:D

WRONG !!!!!!! :rolleyes:... as per MY source P&O :) they are NOT starting a loyalty program for past passengers ..they are however launching a system shortly for past passengers to be able to log into to upgrade their details ...so there you have it folks ...:D

Thanks Cooke at Home.

Do you know if they are offering any benefits for Past Passengers on P & O Australia within this new system?

Jilly:)

According to the Future Cruise Director on Pacific Pearl when we were talking to her on our cruise last month, P&O are working on a loyalty programme. She had originally been told it would be announced in April, but now she's been told it's more likely to be announced around August, once the details are finalised.

She said that priority boarding will be one of the benefits, the others are still to be worked out but would, in her opinion, be similar to the other loyalty schemes on the various Carnival brands.

She also said that it was likely the top level of benefits would be available after 10 cruises, but that hadn't been confirmed yet.

I guess we'll just wait and see, it would be nice if they did but it won't worry me if they don't either.

According to the Future Cruise Director on Pacific Pearl when we were talking to her on our cruise last month, P&O are working on a loyalty programme. She had originally been told it would be announced in April, but now she's been told it's more likely to be announced around August, once the details are finalised.

She said that priority boarding will be one of the benefits, the others are still to be worked out but would, in her opinion, be similar to the other loyalty schemes on the various Carnival brands.

She also said that it was likely the top level of benefits would be available after 10 cruises, but that hadn't been confirmed yet.

I guess we'll just wait and see, it would be nice if they did but it won't worry me if they don't either.

I think a loyalty recognition is good for the company. There are many people, like yourself, who have cruised frequently on P & O Australia.

Priority check-in, some on board benefits, and maybe even an invite to the Captains table would be a nice way for them to show some appreciation of the loyalty you have given to them.... don't you think?

Jilly:)

and maybe even an invite to the Captains table would be a nice way for them to show some appreciation of the loyalty you have given to them...

Don't get too excited Jilly - the last P&O cruise I went on, at least one third of the passengers were repeat customers!!! The Captain can only eat so much in a day!!! :p

Barry

Yeah it would be good to see some on-board benefits, things like free internet and discounts in the shops would be good.

I think the Captains on P&O seem to mainly eat in Salt Grill - so an invite to his table in there would be very welcome! Technically we have eaten with the Captain - in the same restaurant at least, even if not at the same table :)

Haha Riffraff, so have we. :rolleyes:

Incidentally what Cookie at Home mentioned above - Post #5 - was on P&O's FB page a couple of days ago, so I'm not sure what is going on now. Seems like a change of mind. :rolleyes:

• 3 weeks later...
According to the Future Cruise Director on Pacific Pearl when we were talking to her on our cruise last month, P&O are working on a loyalty programme. She had originally been told it would be announced in April, but now she's been told it's more likely to be announced around August, once the details are worked out either.

We also were told by future cruise directors on both the Pearl and the Dawn that a loyality program is to be introduced. She told us starting July. She thought that it would be based on the P&O UK program, which is not as generous as the Princess program. We would love to see the Princess program being implemented on P&O Australia, who really treat their loyal passengers poorly.

• 1 month later...
loyalty program for PAST passengers P&O Starts in August 2011:D

theid i asked the p&o rep on the Jewel last week and the loyalty program wont be starting before christmas

theid i asked the p&o rep on the Jewel last week and the loyalty program wont be starting before christmas

Vivienne (FCC on the Pearl) told us in April / May that the loyalty program was proposed to start in August, but like you rkmw, Julie the FCC on the Sun told us last week that it's on hold for a while and won't be starting before Christmas.

When I asked why, she cited the economy being the main reason as well as "it's very expensive to run a loyalty program" with all the freebies etc. She told me that P&O were cutting staff and that their jobs were going elsewhere.

Vivienne (FCC on the Pearl) told us in April / May that the loyalty program was proposed to start in August, but like you rkmw, Julie the FCC on the Sun told us last week that it's on hold for a while and won't be starting before Christmas.

When I asked why, she cited the economy being the main reason as well as "it's very expensive to run a loyalty program" with all the freebies etc. She told me that P&O were cutting staff and that their jobs were going elsewhere.

Viviennes a flip :p She told me things which were completely wrong! (and for the life of me I can't remember what they were but they were wrong LOL)

August 2011

but P&0 are posting every were how well they are doin just rin g them and they will tell you,

but then we read thigs like.

P&O were cutting staff and that their jobs were going elsewhere.

it's very expensive to run a loyalty program

Yep, Debsta, I reckon we should believe only half of what we see and nothing of what we hear! :D On my Feb/Mar cruise we were told publicly that the LP would start in July. Then... a couple of months ago they put on the FB page that they were not starting it at this time, but doing something different - they have started the Sailaway Centre online where you can update your details. They have a box which states how many sailing days you have had. :cool:

Yep, Debsta, I reckon we should believe only half of what we see and nothing of what we hear! :D On my Feb/Mar cruise we were told publicly that the LP would start in July. Then... a couple of months ago they put on the FB page that they were not starting it at this time, but doing something different - they have started the Sailaway Centre online where you can update your details. They have a box which states how many sailing days you have had. :cool:

Can you post the link to the Sailaway Centre as I and I would many other members on here would like to know/ have the link to the Sailaway Centre

Fortunately, no, it's on the P&O site. I'd hate for them to share passenger cruise details on facebook, or require people to sign up over there.

Thanks . I just wondered as I don't have anything to do with Facebook , so have no idea whats going on over there.....seem to get by without it:D

Fortunately, no, it's on the P&O site. I'd hate for them to share passenger cruise details on facebook, or require people to sign up over there.
could you please show/tell us where on the P&O web site it is.

Archived