Paradise Cover Luau with 11 pm sail time?

mina

So are you traveling by rental car, bus, travel tour company? It's doable if you go by yourself. Many luaus are over by 9pm or 9:30 pm or so. It'll take about a good 30-35 mins from Ko Olina beach area to make it back to port without traffic. Again, doable, but can't waste time to get back onboard.

If it is a ship's tour, they will wait for you. This is a case where you might consider the ships tour.

Thank you! The ship (sapphire Princess) only offers a luau in conjunction with the Polynesian Visitor's center -- that is a 10.5 hour excursion. I am pretty much ruling this out -- cause to do it on our own -- and drive on a Friday nite -- I would be worried the whole time and not enjoy it. Now have to find something else to do on Oahu. Thinking about a North Shore Tour.

Just an update -- Called Paradise Cove - they offer transportation from waikiki, but the return buses may not leave till 9:30 pm from the luau and they can not guarantee arrival at the pier before 10 pm. Princess confirmed that all aboard time is 10 pm. Since the luau does not end till 9 pm -- we would not be able to rent a car and return it and get back. So -- this luau is not feasible. Now looking at the "creation" show at the sheraton instead. That ends at 8:30 and is only a 20 min cab ride from the pier!

Just an update -- Called Paradise Cove - they offer transportation from waikiki, but the return buses may not leave till 9:30 pm from the luau and they can not guarantee arrival at the pier before 10 pm. Princess confirmed that all aboard time is 10 pm. Since the luau does not end till 9 pm -- we would not be able to rent a car and return it and get back. So -- this luau is not feasible. Now looking at the "creation" show at the sheraton instead. That ends at 8:30 and is only a 20 min cab ride from the pier!

That is interesting. When we were in Hawaii on NCL our all aboard was 30 minutes before departure.

The Hilton Hawaiian Village also have a luau that might fir woth your time frames too. We could see this one from our accommodation and it looked like a good night out. It seemed to finish before 9 each time it was on too.

Or another option would be the entertainment and cocktails at House Without a Key at the Halekulani Hotel. We had a great night here and it would give you plenty of time to get back to the ship.

Thank you Raison -- The Hilton does not have a luau on Friday nite:( We are thinking about "Creation-A Polynesian Journey" at the Sheraton. However -- I kinda like the idea of drinks and entertainment while staring at the beach and sunset -- so I am going to check out the bar you suggested. THANKS

Don't discount the show usually put on by a Honolulu dance school onboard. We always spend our last hours in Waikiki at House Without A Key at the Halekulani watching the sunset, and then back to the ship to see the show. These are young girls, and they are adorable. Sit on the aisle if you can as they move up and down the aisle during some of their numbers. The show has been on every Princess cruise we have taken that docked in Honolulu. I believe they put on two shows, at around 7 and 10 as I recall. It gets dark pretty early in Hawaii, so if not attending an out of area Luau, you may be very ready to reboard the ship in time for one of these shows. Check the daily Patters to make sure they are performing on your cruise.

If you are docked on a Friday night, I have read that you can also see the fireworks from the ship that are put on at the Hilton Hawaiian Village too. We haven't been there on a Friday night, so this info is not from experience!

Enjoy and Aloha!

Thank you cruisellg! Unfortunately -- you guessed it -- we are there on Friday! I am going to do the dinner and drinks on the beach at the House without a Key and watch the fireworks from the hilton. Don't want to get stressed out on a really relaxing cruise. Plus -- can not miss the ship -- as next day we are in Kauai and I have Wings over Kauai reserved in the morning for a flight tour!

• 4 weeks later...

I have checked with Paradise Cove and they now pick-up and bring you back at Pier 10 at the Aloha Tower. They say you will be back at the pier at approximatly 21h30. The Princess Sapphire leaves Honolulu at 23H00 and I have received a confirmation by e-mail from them that the all aboard is at 22H30. This should give sufficient time to go to the Luau.

I have checked with Paradise Cove and they now pick-up and bring you back at Pier 10 at the Aloha Tower. They say you will be back at the pier at approximatly 21h30. The Princess Sapphire leaves Honolulu at 23H00 and I have received a confirmation by e-mail from them that the all aboard is at 22H30. This should give sufficient time to go to the Luau.

really anneetgerry? princess told me the authorized all aboard time is 10 pm -- which ship are you on? what sailing dates?

Anneetgerry: Thank you Thank you Thank you!!!! I just called Paradise Cove and got totally different information!!!! They will have us back at the Pier by 9:30 or 9:45 PM!! The prior time I called they indicated that they could not guarantee drop off at the pier by 10:30. So we are now booked!!! I am so happy.

Did I say ............ thank you!

Thank you! The ship (sapphire Princess) only offers a luau in conjunction with the Polynesian Visitor's center -- that is a 10.5 hour excursion. .

We are booked for a Sapphire Hawaiian cruise. DS and DIL already have reservations for the PCC and luau. PCL said they would have enough time since it is a ships' tour.

Pat

Hi,

If you are not taking a ship tour to PC Luau, will they also pick up at the aloha tower instead of going to waikiki for pickup?

Mahalo

I called paradise cove directly -- they made a notation to pick us up at Pier 10 -- they said its across the street or something like that from the Aloha Towers at the terminal -- near the general bus stop. I think you have to book directly through them -- if you book through a 3rd party they may tell you you have to go to a hotel for pick up -- as I know they made a 'special notation' on our reservation.

We are booked for a Sapphire Hawaiian cruise. DS and DIL already have reservations for the PCC and luau. PCL said they would have enough time since it is a ships' tour.

Pat

This excursion leaves in the morning and DH absolutely has to pay his respects a PH in the morning -- so its a no go for us!

we will be leaving LA on Nov 26 2011 and will be in Honolulu on Dec 02 2011 on the Sapphire Princess. I have sent Princess an e-mail and they confirmed by e-mail that the all aboard time is 10H30.

Thats great -- same ship as us! I called and the rep said 10 pm -- but I do not believe they know what they are talking about. I also checked some old Golden patters -- and it says 1030 on them as well!

• 9 months later...

We had the exact same dilemma as you...and decided on the Creation show, as well! FYI, buy an Aloha Diners Club card online and you can then download a coupon for buy one get one free for the Creation show!

Any feedback on the luau and time constraints from you folks that have just gone?

I've searched for information from anyone who has recently done the Paradise Cove Luau, sailing on the Golden Princess with all aboard time at 10:30pm for 11pm sailing, using buses provided by Paradise Cove or other companies who sell luau tickets. I haven't found any first-hand experience.

If you call Paradise Cove, or one of the discount companies, they claim they've always returned passengers on time, although they don't actually drop people off at the pier. Instead, drop off is at a hotel and then you need to get a short taxi ride back to the ship. One company said they put cruisers on the same bus and drop them off near the pier. Another said to ask the driver to make a stop on the way back to the hotels.

If the Princess excursion to the Polynesian Cultural Center on the north shore returns at 10:30 (so I've read), the concern about getting back on time from Paradise Cove, that also ends at 9pm and is closer to the ship than the PCC, may be a moot point.:) ( However, I think that's a different highway.:confused:)

The luau itself gets both good and bad reviews (mainly good). I'd like to hear from someone about how their return to the ship went. I feel confident, but there must be someone out there?

Archived