Ww Needs Buddies To Lose Alot Of Weight For Nov 27th Cruise. Anyone Interested?

bandit0000

good for you Sarapdot!! I'm on WW for 5 weeks now and I'm down 12.5 lbs! I'm proud of myself. I hope I can keep it up. I know it's only going to get tougher. my cruise is thanksgiving week and while I'd love to lose another 50, I'd settle for 30 more before the cruise. That's an average of 5 per month. I don't think that's unreasonable. Cheer me on folks!!:D

:D Well done to you both on your great losses, keep it up!

I have my weigh in tomorrow, hope I do as well.

I bought 2 new dresses and a new skirt for my cruise today, which is in November. I have bought them a couple of sizes smaller than I am now and determined to wear them. I think I will just hang on the front of my wardrobe and keep trying on as the weight comes off. You never know maybe they will be too big for me by the time my cruise comes around (I wish!)

Keep up the good work everyone,

Lisa:D

Good job everyone!

I too bought a few things a size smaller cuz it seems everything I have is all of a sudden too big! :D I thought I'd buy a little small cuz I know I will get in to them soon! I'm almost thinking about just browsing Goodwill for some clothes to wear now until I get closer to goal. I hate to have a closet full of so many sizes.

There should be an on-line clothing swap for people losing weight! Where you could "trade" and then pass things on as you don't need them.

I may have to go to my meeting 2 days early this week. We are planning on going out of town this weekend. Have any of you ever gone to a meeting out of town? I was thinking about looking up locations of meetings in the area we are visiting. My Dh will think that pretty "lame"... going to a WW meeting while on vacation! Oh well!

Keep up the good work everyone! I'm headed to the store to pick up more ingrdients for that fat free cake a made the the church potluck! It was a total hit and everyone wants the recipe! It's so easy... did I already share that? I can't remember on what thread I posted what! :p

Jean

WOOHOO to the losses....

Jean,there is nothing wrong with finding a ww site near your vacation site...I say go for it,weighing in may keep you more accountable for the rest of the weekend....and let DH think your lame but he can also think you are commited...

Well, I did it. I bought a dress a couple sizes smaller than what I wear. I'm hoping to fit into it for my cruise in Oct./Nov. It's a large:eek: I sure hope it fits by then. If I keep going like I am now on my diet then I don't think (crossing my fingers) that it will be a problem. I'm so worried about not having anything to wear for my cruise and also about not being down to the size I want to be by then. Should I be buying clothes now in smaller sizes or should I take my chances on finding clothes closer to my crusie??? Oh, my head!:eek:

Hey Sara,

I totally understand, I have been purchasing clothes smaller too. I have basically estimated what size I will be by Nov. I just bought 2 bathing suits for under 30.00 dollars. Check out JCPenny.com and click on outlet, the sizes are somewhat limited, but I was able to find my estimated size. It will be nice to have 2 bathing suits staring me in the eye for the next 5 months. I will really start buying cruise clothes when the end of season sales start hitting. I need to buy some clothes now, because mine are falling off, but I don't want to keep buying new clothes every month. The walking has really helped in speeding up my weight loss. Well, I have rambled long enough I hope you have a wonderful day Sara, and keep up the good job.

Ana

Sara- I do the same thing! That smaller dress will keep you motivated! Don't be surprised if it's even too big by your cruise! :D Your cruise is 5 months away? You might even be a medium by then! :D

Are any of you exercising regularly? I REALLY NEED to start a regular exercise program that I can stick to. What are you all doing and how do you stay with it. I start and I give up too quick. I know it will only make me feel better and drop weight faster.... what's so bad about that?! LOl!

Have a wonderful day everyone. I'll check back later...

Jean

Ana - How did you come up with your estimated size? I don't have a clue what size I'll be by then. The dress only came in S-M-L, so I picked L.

Jean - I have started walking every morning when it's possible. I don't have a regular distance or time though. I just go until I'm ready to come home. I live a block away from a park, so I just walk over and walk the trail until I get tired.

Hope everyone has a good day!:D

Good Morning;

Well I survived the long weekend okay. I stayed away from the alcohol this weekend. I find that when I drink it really clouds my WOE judgement and I just start eatting anything and everything. I do okay on my WOE except I made chocolate chip cookies for my step son and I ate more than he did. I think he only had 3 ccokies out of the whole batch and I ate the rest. I did manage to go for a walk on Saturday and Sunday but Monday it rained all day. Hopefully I will stay the same this week and not gain back the pound I lost last week from eatting all those cookies!!

Andrea

Jean,I walk for exercise,sometimes 2 miles,sometimes 3.When the weather is bad I try to do WATP tapes by Leslie Sansone.

Andrea,what is WOE???

Sara and Ana I just ordered some sundresses from Bealls.com some great prices and cute clothes.

Hope everyone has great day:)

kitty

Beaufoehead and Sara,

Like both of you, I'm cruising in Nov. I'm concerned about buying and about NOT buying clothes for then. On the one hand, I don't want to buy things that will either be too big or too small when I leave and on the other hand, I'm afraid not to buy a bathing suit and/or shorts as i live in the New York and they certainly won't be selling bathing suits or shorts at that time of year. I think I'm going to buy just 2 pair of shorts and 2 bathing suits 2 sizes smaller than I am now. If they're a little big or a little small, I'll just have to deal with it!! In the meantime, I count my points every day faithfully and I never eat extra points for the points I gain from exercising. :D

Ronni

A few months ago I got a book called 8 minutes in the morning. Since it talks about excerising only 8 minutes a day--I have nothing to lose but 8 minutes. Off to ebay I went and foundthe book for 8 bucks. LOL it does work if you find the 8 minutes in the morning. How it works-- you get 2 excercises that you do for 8 minutes total. 4 minutes each. be in jumpin jack.. sit ups. knee bends.. it even has stuff that youcan do while sitting down. lol (leg lifts.

Our WW leader also suggested instead of sitting on the couch and just watching tv, during the commercials get up and move. It might mean doing some exercises (let's face it, the commercials are probably 3 minute stretches) or cleaning the bathroom or doing a load of laundry. Her point was if you do something during the intermission, every bit counts towards the ultimate goal.....LOSING WEIGHT!

KEEP IT UP PEOPLE!! :D

Hi everyone. Sounds like you are all doing so well!!! I think excercise is really the key to getting the weight off. And they say any movement is better than none!

Have to love those flex points. They really can get you through a moment of weakness, without having to deal with the guilt! Counting points really is what is critical for me, keeps me right on target and motivated.

Weighed in today, down only .8 but I guess it's better than a gain or no movement. So far my total is 11.4 after 7 weeks with a goal of 20 so I think I'm doing well.

As for clothes, I'm finding it tough. Nothing I have fits right anymore as I am down at least one size, but with another 8.6 lbs to go i could still drop another. Meanwhile I have all kinds of business and travel plans and can't go around in the pants I have, they just look terrible. So I've been buying a few things just to have nice fitting clothes during this transition. Today at lunch I even bought a pair of pants just slightly tight, knowing they should fit better in another few weeks.

joelmarj,

CONGRATULATIONS!!! I think 11+ when you only have to lose 20 is super terrific!! You'll get there and I bet it will be faster than you think. buying new clothes is still fun even if they are going to be loose in a couple of months. Enjoy your new more svelte figure!;)

How come we have to have fat free plain yogurt? I usually buy the little Astro tubs of yogurt, they are fat free but they are flavoured. I bought a tub of fat free plain yogurt on Saturday and it was the grossest thing I have ever tasted. I even tried adding fruit to it. I ended up taking it back to the store for a refund knowing that I could never eat it. I realize that these little tubs have a lot of aspartame in them, but I think they are worth it to count the extra couple of points (I think they are only 1 or 2 points) and eat them instead of the fat free plain stuff.

Andrea

Andrea- on Core you can only have fat free plain yogurt, but on flex you can have whatever kind you want as long as you know the points value. I buy the yoplait lite- I think it's 2 points.

Serene- The 8 minute workouts are great! My friend who I joined Ww with is doing them and even though she's not losing the weight real fast, she is losing inches like crazy and toning! I'm thinking of checking eBay for the DVD.

Kitty- I do have the WATP tape. Now I just need to get it on DVD cuz we don't have our VCR hooked up anymore since we got our big screen TV ad few months ago. The only room we have a VCR in is our bedroom and there's not a whole lot of extra room in there to be exercising and marching around. ;) I do have 2 pilates DVDs that I should be using. I need to get several different workout DVDs I think and then just rotate the workouts.

Been having fun clothes shopping the last few days. i don't know what's gotten in to me. I'd better not keep buying too many things cuz I don't plan on staying this size for too long.

Better get moving here this morning. Not only do we not get exercise when we watch TV... sitting at the computer takes up too much time that I should be exercising instead! But these threads have been a fantastic tool for me! I dont think I would have come this far without the support I've received on Lose Before You Cruise! Thanks everyone!

Jean

Hello Sara,

The answer to your question. I have lost an extreme amount of weight about 16 years ago, unfortunatly it was not the right way so eventually it all came back and then some. I know when I am at a certain weight what size I am going to wear, and I know by the time my cruise comes around at Thanksgiving I will have lost another 50 pounds. That is how determined I am, and if that means walking 5 miles a day until then, so be it. Do you remember the "Airplane Story", that whole experience changed my life FOREVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Now, about your walking, you need to be measuring it somehow, whether it be time, or distance. They say you should walk a minium of 30 minutes a day(4 to 5 days a week), and increase that by 2 minutes a week. I am measuring both, I walk usually 5 days a week 40 minutes and about 2 1/2 miles. I have seen such a difference since I have been walking, and no, I hate to exercise, and there are days I really have to push myself out of the house. For those of you that are having a hard time getting started (jean) with the exercising if my lazy behind can do it anybody can do it. The hardest part is getting started, and if you are going to walk, do it in your neighborhood if possible, if you have to make an effort to go somewhere, chances are your not going to stick to it for long. Okay, that is my 2 cents for the day I have a class I am teaching this morning, so I was just getting warmed up with y'all lol.

Have a wonderful day.

Ana

Archived