Ww Needs Buddies To Lose Alot Of Weight For Nov 27th Cruise. Anyone Interested?

bandit0000

Good morning ladies,

It's a very rainy day here south of Boston:(and I have to go into Boston today for my national ceritfiction coding exam...I am still trying to decide on the MBTA or my car.....even though it's raining I am leaning towards the subway system...I just hate driving into Boston if I am really not certain exactly where I am going in the city....

Well,weigh in this morning was a surprise....a loss of .4 which I will take and run with it after the week I had....that gives me a grand total of 33.6:confused: I think.....it has taken me YEARS to do this because I always stop and start and gain and lose....it's a vicious cycle that I am going to break this time around.....

Good news! I'm officially down 2.8 pounds this morning! So that's 11.6 since I started WW 4 weeks ago and 41.6 total!

I had hoped to get outside and get a lot of yard work done today. It was suppose to be in the mid 60's, but it's only in the 40's! Brrrr! I DO need to get a little work done out there though or DH will think I sat around all weekend! :p (He's out of town once again this weekend.)

Planning on making chicken shiskabob tonight for supper. Marinated in a teriyaki and with pineapple chunks, green pepper, onion. It's making me hungry already!

Well, I'd better go get changed and get outside. Talk to you later. Have a nice weekend.

Jean

Jean,

I really can't believe how well you are doing, your results are fab. Are you doing lots of exercise?

I can't understand why my loss is so slow ( 4lbs in 2 weeks) getting a little despondent now. Any suggestions.

Keep up the good work,

Lisax

Lisa,are you exercising a lot and not earting your AP's,maybe using too many or too few flexpoints..everyone loses at a different weight for vairous reasons...I try not to set goals for myself which tends to eliminate disappointment when said goals are not reached..my theary is if the scale is moving downward I am happy with that progress whether it be slow or fast..

Lisa- 4 pounds in 2 weeks is great! I'm only 3.2 for the last 2 weeks. Most of the weight came off the 1st week when I dropped 6.8 some how. :confused: I'm embarassed to say that no, I'm not doing a lot of exercise. I just tend to be able to lose weight pretty fast. I also gain it back fast too and that is what I'm going to have to avoid this this time around! Just think if I WAS doing a lot of exercise, I could lose a little more. I will have to come to the realization very soon that the weight isn't going to keep falling off like this for too much longer. I'm going to have to work harder. Just keep at it Lisa. You are headed in the right direction! Make sure you are drinking lots of water. I also try to drink a couple cups of green tea every day. That is suppose to help. I also take Metamucil in the morning. (The kind you mix w/water- orange flavored) Keep "things going regularly"- if you know what I mean! Ha!

While there is still some day light... I need to get outside and enjoy. The sun is finally shining!

Jean

Ya'll are so funny!:D Has anyone heard of the new green tea gum? It is supposed to give you all the benefits of drinking green tea, but in a gum form. I think I've hit that point where the weight doesn't come off as easily anymore and I have to work harder. I'm going to try to walk everyday, starting tomorrow! I will also continue to go to the gym 2-3 times a week.

Sara,I had'nt heard of the green tea gum,but there will always be some "quick" fix for our weight loss woes....I walk for exercise and do stretches for a bulging disc and I love to walk...I just wish the darn weather would cooperate....it may be mall walking for me today:mad:when I would rather be outside..

kitty

Thanks for the words of encouragement you guys, you are great.

To be honest I am not now doing much exercise (I normally don't need to. When I follow WW the weight just normally drops off- not this time though!)

I guess I will have to work harder and go back to swimming which I love once I have actually made the effort to go. It's just that 1st time, thinking people are looking at you, if you know what I mean.

Take care and thanks,

Lisax:)

I did see a commercial for the green tea gum. Sounds yucky though! :p I'd rather drink it! They have iced greentea that is good too for the warmer months.

Happy Mother's day to all you moms! I'm able to spend the day with my DDs today. After church, we are picking up some food from Applebees "TO GO", and having a pic-nic since it's suppose to be so nice out today today. We were going to go to a movie too, but it's suppose to be so nice out, I'm hoping I can just talk them in to an outdoor activity instead. We can go to a movie on a rainy day.

I'm promising myself once again this week to try to get at least 3 days of exercise in. I have to start somewhere! It's ging to take a little time to develop that new habit.

Have a nice day everyone!

Jean

Congrats Sara on your weight loss.

I keep hearing about this green tea, where do you buy it and what brand is the best?

I hope everybody had a lovely Mothers Day!

Keep up the exercising, I sure did not want to walk yesterday it was 88 degrees and by the time I got home I was exhausted, the heat really takes it out of you. I believe I will walk a little less today.

See you all later!!!

Ana

Hi everyone :)

It took a while, but I have read this whole thread and am definitely inspired by your stories , your successes and your challenges as you continue down the weight loss path.

5 years ago I lost 80lbs in 4 months on a medically supervised weight loss program in Canada. The diet was basically about 800 calories a day - pretty pathetic, but the results were amazing....they didn't last though. It is now 5 years later and I have re-gained at least half of what I lost. Although that program helped me lose the weight, it didn't really teach me anything.

I need a diet program that keeps me in the real world, eating real foods. I don't blame diet programs by saying "they don't work".....I blame myself for eating too much and then crying about it afterwards.

I would like to join in this thread, if that's okay with everyone....I'm at the stage that I am still looking for a program that fits my lifestyle and is comfortable for me. I would like to lose at least 40lbs before my next cruise in January 2006.

I think the support on this thread is incredible and I look forward to checking in every day! :)

First weighin this past Saturday - Lost 2 pounds. good "weigh" to start WW.

Robyn- welcome aboard. as long as you keep in the front of your mind---the weight didnt get where it was afast so dont expect it to come of quickly.

Not setting specific goals helps me too--I dont set my self up for disappointments if I dont lose fast enough

Do any of you ever have a day where you just want to pig out and eat something you shouldn't??:confused: Well I had one of those days today and I had a mexi dip and chips from Taco Bueno.:( I'm sure the scale will reflect it tomorrow morning.

Sorry I haven't been able to check in for a couple days. I've been so busy with everything. Been getting a lot of exercise in with all the yard work I've been doing! We had 5 yards of shredded bark mulch delivered yesterday so I was busy. Hardly made a dent in the pile though and now it's suppose to rain for the next 4 or 5 days.

I have to drop one of my dogs off at the groomer/vet on my way in to work this morning so I don't have much time. I'll have to check back in later today and get caught up.

Hope you all have a great day! Keeping drinking your water and those of you doing WW... TRACK! I can't tell you how that's helped me! You just CAN'T think you can "do it in your head"... it helps me SO much when I write everything down. I'm still weighing and measuring too and counting out portion sizes. When yu stop doing this... you tend to make your servings bigger and bigger. Be careful.

Until later...

Jean

Do any of you ever have a day where you just want to pig out and eat something you shouldn't??:confused: Well I had one of those days today and I had a mexi dip and chips from Taco Bueno.:( I'm sure the scale will reflect it tomorrow morning.

Just a day?? I want to do that EVERY day... but for now-- I am very cautious of what I am eating. I am relativly new to the diet world--not that I didnt try before-- I just need to do something now before it gets too out of hand. But piggin gout?? I find that when its that time of month---arghh that week is trully hard.

Had my weigh in this morning, and I only went up 1 pound from yesterdays "pigout":eek: So, now I am back on track. Had a grapefruit for breakfast and a 6" subway sandwich for lunch. I also walked around the park this morning. Things are looking up for me this week!:D

Hi ladies, mind of I join you? I joined ww 5 weeks ago with a goal of 19 lbs to lose. So far I've been very pleased with the results. Down 10.2 averaging about 2 lbs a week. I've been really good about sticking to the daily points, and usually save the extra points for the weekends, when I know I'm going to go out for dinner or have a drink or wine. I've also gotten back to a routine of going to the gym. I even treated myself to some sessions with a trainer to get me focusing on the right stuff (only temporary, can't let the trainer use up all my cruise money :D )

Anyway, I've read through the thread and find you all to be so very inspiring and supportive of each other. It's a tough process and it's really tough going through it alone. Joel (I'm the marge part of joelmarj) actually is doing it with me which makes it soooooooo much easier. We keep each other on track and actually now share meals when we go out! We even bought bikes to ride together.

The most fun I am having is being creative in finding fun and tasty foods with really low points. Love to see how much I actually get to eat for "free". Trust me too, I'm far from a fruit and veggie eater, but when I found out I could eat a cup and a half of strawberries for only 1 point, I was all over that!!! :D I love most that I'm not deprived of my carbs!

serene56 - I was never a dieter and found that I could maintain fairly well. Then I hit forty and realized the lbs just wouldn't come off easily and crept their way up to new numbers I've never seen before.

ckrobyn - I decided to join ww because of the great things I heard particularly around them considering it a life-style of eating, not just a diet. I truly am converted and now consiously think about everything I eat. I may not deny myself, but I put a value on what I do eat.

Okay, I'm done rambling (and no I don't work for ww, just a converted believer with proof that it works). Again, you women are a great motivation and I'd love to join along.

Archived