Topless in MDR??

mustardgirl

So i just read a review for the Dream here... http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=82033

And under where they talk about the food it said " Also the ambiance was far better than in the main restaurants where some people were eating topless..." :eek:

Ok, so I am cracking up, lol, so my question....

Has anyone had this happen to them, where someone was topless in the MDR or anywhere public on any carnival ships??

I am sure my husband wouldn't mind...:D

Reading the review, it doesn't seem like English is the reviewer's native language; the parsing is a bit off.

I think by "main restaurant", they were talking about the lido buffet, since that is what is mentioned in the same paragraph. The topless diners may have been guys just wearing shorts or swimsuits if that's the case.

So i just read a review for the Dream here... http://www.cruisecritic.com/memberreviews/memberreview.cfm?EntryID=82033

And under where they talk about the food it said " Also the ambiance was far better than in the main restaurants where some people were eating topless..." :eek:

Has anyone had this happen to them, where someone was topless in the MDR or anywhere public on any carnival ships??

Seen plenty of topless people all over the ship. They were men, but topless nonetheless LOL. Never saw anyone topless in the main dining room though. Male or female.

Someone posted on CC they were horrified when some lady took off her top. I think it was in the Serenity area. Iv seen people post on here, they did it and think its ok. It does happen.

I had a older lady in a string bikini who shouldnt have been in that small bathing suit on my CC roll call. Everyone laughed at her.

Been on six cruises and although I'm generally pretty observant, I've never seen a topless female unless she was like 2 or 3 years old. And I HAVE looked for the "secret" deck. That apparently doesn't exist either.:(

Been on six cruises and although I'm generally pretty observant, I've never seen a topless female unless she was like 2 or 3 years old. And I HAVE looked for the "secret" deck. That apparently doesn't exist either.:(

Doesn't exist anymore. Used to exist.

As for the review, I agree that English is not the reviewers first language. I imagine they meant people eating at the buffet in their swim suits

Someone posted on CC they were horrified when some lady took off her top. I think it was in the Serenity area. Iv seen people post on here, they did it and think its ok. It does happen.

I had a older lady in a string bikini who shouldnt have been in that small bathing suit on my CC roll call. Everyone laughed at her.

LOL~ this made me chuckle! I read on one of the other threads that some people like to people watch as part of their cruise experience.....I guess people like this lady are the reason why!:eek:;)

Reading the review, it doesn't seem like English is the reviewer's native language; the parsing is a bit off.

I think by "main restaurant", they were talking about the lido buffet, since that is what is mentioned in the same paragraph. The topless diners may have been guys just wearing shorts or swimsuits if that's the case.

I agree. Reads like the reviewer used Google Translate (or similar). Fine for short sentences but longer ones always seem to get lost in the translation.

On Blogger's cruise #2 on the Fantasy from NOLA a woman who was a member of one of the groups (NOT Cruise Critic...) actually did remove her top in the MDR. Nearly every waiter in fifty feet headed in her direction to make sure she covered up.

I heard that she was gently reminded that such behavior would buy her an extended stay in our next port of call...

:)

On my May 2011 cruise on the Fascination, in the comedy lounge, there was a lady who happily removed her shirt and proceeded to wiggle her exposed boobies at the comedian. :eek: In her defense, she was about 50 years old with what appeared to be 19 year old boobies. :rolleyes:

On my May 2011 cruise on the Fascination, in the comedy lounge, there was a lady who happily removed her shirt and proceeded to wiggle her exposed boobies at the comedian. :eek: In her defense, she was about 50 years old with what appeared to be 19 year old boobies. :rolleyes:

That would be considered perfectly acceptable! Hey, she paid $5 grand +/- for 'em so why not show 'em off a little! I'm sure she wasn't arrested or anything, right? :D

Several cruises ago at the R rated comedy show the comedian asked several woman to show him their boobs and several actually did according to the crowd reaction.

Unfortunately we were sitting way in the back so cannot report what they looked like.

Still gross - put your shirt on before you go get food. Yuck!

That would be considered perfectly acceptable! Hey, she paid $5 grand +/- for 'em so why not show 'em off a little! I'm sure she wasn't arrested or anything, right? :D

No arrest was made but I don't think she would have known where they were taking her anyway, especially if handcuffs were involved. She was beyond intoxicated and I did not notice any beverage glasses on her table either.

The assistant CD handled the situation very well. Of course she became the brunt of all jokes, good and bad, during the course of the cruise.

Half the people in the pool area on all my cruises have been topless.

Our last cruise I didnt see a topless women but i did see the other half :eek::eek:

There was an older women that for some strange reason wandered around the pool deck all afternoon in her robe an well on day whoosh a big gust of wind came along :eek::eek: and yes I am scarred for life. :(:o

Having struggled through the review a couple of times as obviously the reviewer's native language isn't English, I think the reviewer was referring to the Lido deck restaurants where they saw "topless" diners. Most likely during the day or early evening with people from the pool area eating there. The reviewer does also mention they ate in the Steakhouse twice and had your time dining int he Crimson Room so did not experience any topless dining in those places. They would have had no experience in the Scarlett Room since that's for seated times dining.

Nevertheless, it makes for an interesting speculation on the boards, as if Orient Beach in St Maarten got transported to the Dream.:D

On the Splendor's TA, there was a very well assembled older German woman who sunbathed in a see-thru gold bikini. It left absolutely nothing to the imagination. Too bad she had the face of a Clydesdale.

Doc

Archived