Diamond with non-Diamond guest

The diamond lounge is treated just like the concierge lounge during the cocktail hour when alcohol is served. No one under 18 is allowed to be in the lounge during that time. You were fortunate that the concierge allowed your son to stay in the lounge.

I don't see this listed on the website at this time but I know it was listed in th letter that we received in our stateroom covering the use of the diamond lounge. My wife and I have been in the the diamond lounge several times when the concierge has asked teenagers to leave the lounge during this time period.

The diamond lounge is treated just like the concierge lounge during the cocktail hour when alcohol is served. No one under 18 is allowed to be in the lounge during that time. You were fortunate that the concierge allowed your son to stay in the lounge.

I don't see this listed on the website at this time but I know it was listed in th letter that we received in our stateroom covering the use of the diamond lounge. My wife and I have been in the the diamond lounge several times when the concierge has asked teenagers to leave the lounge during this time period.

Perhaps we were lucky, very lucky since the hostess used to make him a non-alcoholic cocktail every night (which is certainly not part of the deal ;)) I also think it's a little different on Med cruises where the number of people in the Diamond event never exceeded 8 people on any night and the person hosting the event is just desparate for some company :D He'll be 18 on our next family cruise so we won't have a problem.

My opinion is only the Diamond members should be allowed into the lounge. This is a priviledge that is earned. If a Diamond member is traveling w/a non-diamond member, they either go to the lounge alone, or go someplace else to spend time with their traveling partner. What would the lounge be like if everyone there brought along 1 friend traveling with them? These lounges are overcrowded as it is. Again, just my opinion.

My opinion is only the Diamond members should be allowed into the lounge. This is a priviledge that is earned. If a Diamond member is traveling w/a non-diamond member, they either go to the lounge alone, or go someplace else to spend time with their traveling partner. What would the lounge be like if everyone there brought along 1 friend traveling with them? These lounges are overcrowded as it is. Again, just my opinion.

My opinion as well. That's how the CL became so overcrowded that Diamonds were booted out - everyone had a close family member or friend or two or three that they insisted on bringing in when they did not belong.

Archived