Diamond with non-Diamond guest

This question probably has been asked and answered many times but I can't seem to locate it.

I am Diamond sailing in a cabin with a guest currently with only one RC cruise. Can my guest accompany me to the Diamond lounge or is it strictly for Diamond members only??

Thank you.

The black and white answer is no, it is diamond (or above) members only. In reality, your guest probably will be able to accompany you. It will depend on who is at the door. He/she will not be able to go without you but if you are accompanying him/her, it will probably be allowed.

The answer is no guetst allowed. If upon asking the Diamond Concierge your companion will be allowed or not is at the entire descretion of the diamond concierge and may vary case by case.

And the case by case may be based on how many diamond passengers are on your particular cruise, which you won't know until you board.

never been asked for both our cards. Flash mine once and we're both good for the week

You got lucky. On my last cruise we were asked for both our cards and of course I was the only card holder at which time we were asked to leave and told only I could come back by myself.

I'll be in this same situation traveling with my SO in November... I'll try to get her in but won't expect it to happen. While the rule is annoying, I certainly appreciate why they have it (we can all picture one diamond member bringing in all of his/her family friends staying in other cabins) so whatever way it goes we'll roll with it.

I understand and respect the policy. I do wish that they would make exceptions for immediate family traveling together. My husband and I and one son are Diamond. Our other son and daughter are Emerald. Because this will be a family vacation we prefer to spend time together so will not be taking advantage of the lounge. Not a big deal, it just would be nice.

never been asked for both our cards. Flash mine once and we're both good for the week

On each occasion of using the Diamond Lounge on the first night, we have met the Concierge who introduced himself and checked our names off a list he carried. They may not all do that. Most remember our names after the initial introduction.

Wonder how this will work - she is my daughter.

The official answer is *no*.

However if she is your daughter,and if she is under 18 and if she is living with you, then she should be linked to you and inherit your status anyway.

That is a lot of *ifs*.

We were traveling with a large family all Diamond or Diamond + except my DH 82 year old father... My answer would be it depends on who is working the door... We all were asked for our cards, and only one time did the person turn my father in law away. I totally understand the policy but sometimes I think it ok to make exceptions based on how many are in the lounge.

However if she is your daughter,and if she is under 18 and if she is living with you, then she should be linked to you and inherit your status anyway.

That is a lot of *ifs*.

I thought, but am probably wrong, that under 18 couldn't go into the Diamond Lounge. I don't have anyone traveling with me that age, so I don't know for sure.

That is a lot of *ifs*.

I tried to edit my previous post, so I don't know if anything is posted or not, but I was trying to say--- I didn't think that anyone under 18 was allowed during cocktail hour in the Diamond Lounge. I could be wrong though as I don't have anyone that age that travels with me (us).

On each occasion of using the Diamond Lounge on the first night, we have met the Concierge who introduced himself and checked our names off a list he carried. They may not all do that. Most remember our names after the initial introduction.

This is what happened on this past sailing of the Independence.

Columella, the Diamond Lounge Concierge, had a printed list of who on the ship was Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle, and which cabin each was in.

She checked the list on our first visit, and remembered us thereafter.

As a great source of amusement, there were a couple of passengers in the lounge who seemed very miffed at the presence of my children.

These children, mind you, are in their twenties, and have almost enough credits to be Diamond Plus. If I had to guess, from what I was told about the passenger load on that cruise, they had more cruises than any of the people shooting them the dirty looks.

Some of the GLARES that they aimed at my kids were pretty unbelievable. I had to suppress a giggle several times. My daughter just put on her BIGGEST smile and grinned right back at them.

I tried to edit my previous post, so I don't know if anything is posted or not, but I was trying to say--- I didn't think that anyone under 18 was allowed during cocktail hour in the Diamond Lounge. I could be wrong though as I don't have anyone that age that travels with me (us).

You are correct. The rule is that you must be 18 or older to be in the Diamond Lounge or Concierge Lounge between 5 and 8:30 P.M.

I see this rule ignored with about the same frequency of non-Diamond members being allowed in.

.....imagine....a DIAMOND even speaking no less sharing a cabin with a non....euchhh:eek:...I can't even speak about those beneath Diamond level. And having the belief that one of those unwashed crossing the threshold of any Diamond event makes my skin crawl.....

(just take him/her along with you and tell 'em all "GO TO H..L");)Happy Cruise!:)

This is what happened on this past sailing of the Independence.

Columella, the Diamond Lounge Concierge, had a printed list of who on the ship was Diamond, Diamond Plus or Pinnacle, and which cabin each was in.

She checked the list on our first visit, and remembered us thereafter.

As a great source of amusement, there were a couple of passengers in the lounge who seemed very miffed at the presence of my children.

These children, mind you, are in their twenties, and have almost enough credits to be Diamond Plus. If I had to guess, from what I was told about the passenger load on that cruise, they had more cruises than any of the people shooting them the dirty looks.

Some of the GLARES that they aimed at my kids were pretty unbelievable. I had to suppress a giggle several times. My daughter just put on her BIGGEST smile and grinned right back at them.

My son ( mid twenties) was eligible to be in the Concierge Lounge. However one evening, he walked in behind another passenger ( so he did not use the key) and that passenger actually asked him if he “belonged” in the lounge. He just politely said yes. I actually wish my son had asked him the same question.

M

LOL you must be talking about Raul on the FOS the Seas! He does this the first night.......

LOL you must be talking about Raul on the FOS the Seas! He does this the first night.......

Haven't met Raul - yet. Likely will in 12 days :D . It was Amit that did that on Freedom.

Our 17 year old son came with us to the Diamond event every night on our cruise last year. I've just searched on the RCL website and can't see where it says only over 18's allowed.

Archived