Thank You Princess Upgrade Fairy

I am posting this because I am hoping that Princess reviews CC as I do want to thank them for giving us a wonderful upgrade on our sailing in two weeks on The Pacific Princess.

We went from a BB balcony to an AA Mini Suite- we are traveling with our daughter to celebrate her graduation from medical school and this will make this very, very special trip all the more pleasurable. Thank you.

The mini suites on the small ships are really nice! The room is almost square, the balcony is larger and the bathroom (with tub) is great.

What a nice thing to do for you when you were doing something nice for your daughter! :D

We were upgraded from a balcony to a minisuite on The Star in March, and If I had to do it over again...I would ask them not to do it. Our Minisuite balcony was not covered. It was hot as heck in the S.Caribbean. Except for the morning and evening...My DH, who was in the Coast Guard and enjoys just sitting and watching for Dolphins or whatever...could seldom use it. We ad a balcony we not sit on for most of the day.

That said, the space was lovely. The extra little sitting room ( and for a cabin it was like another room) was wonderful. We were never cramped. The Shower in the Tub..AWESOME. NO more encounters with that sticky shower curtain. AND storage space? We had drawers on drawers....plus the big closet..I mean..we had empty storage...a new thing for us..We are both overpackers.

I will always thank Princess for letting us see what a minisuite is like...because I doubt that I will ever book one..for just the two of us.

And could someone tell me...on a lovely, pricey, cabin like the Mini-suite..did someone NOT think that an Uncovered Balcony...might not be a good thing...when cruising in hot, sunny climates? And Yes..at night..it was glorious. We could see the stars..Loved that!

An upgrade is always a wonderful gift, but I agree about the D deck. If we feel like we can splurge on a mini (which is seldom), Emerald Deck is definately the way to go. Yep, and I am a sun lover, but I find with the sun beating down on me....no thanks.

The mini suites on the small ships (Pacific and Ocean - the Royal has gone to P & O :(:( ) are completely different than the minis on the Grand class. They have covered balconies, just like the other balcony cabins. Instead of being longer with the couch, they are square, which makes the cabin a lot larger. Also, there is a LOT more storage in these minis than in the regular balcony cabins.

Don't scare the OP - they have gotten a GREAT upgrade! (We wouldn't sail in a mini on the Grand class either! )

That's great. Our our first cruise, Princess upgraded us from a mini-suite to a full suite (WOW!). Its a shame it will be a long time before we can afford to cruise like that again.

Our second cruise we went with the mini-suite, which is still very nice, but nowhere near as good as the full suite. This next time, we're in an aft balcony - the suite we had was on the aft end and we loved that balcony (especially backing into port at Roatan, which was really cool to watch).

We absolutely love the uncovered mini-suite balconies. In fact, when we cruise in other accommodations, DH feels claustrophobic with a balcony covering. Absolutely love the full view up to the stars at night!!

Congrats to you for getting your daughter through med. school. As a mom of 2 university students, I know how hard it is financially! Congrats to your daughter for all her hard work and most of all, her diligence! :)

Archived