Kids in non connecting rooms?

Here is my situation. Me, DW, and DD are going on the Liberty next April. My son (17yo) now wants to go with his girlfriend (18). I cant put 5 in our balcony room nor would I want to. To keep the cost to a minimum I looked into a interior with port hole window. According to Carnival someone in the room must be 25. Here is the question. If I register DW in the porthole room and my son in the balcony room, but actually keep it the original with the 2 minors in the porthole room, and the adults in the balcony how do I do it with sail and sign cards? Non of the kids will have charging priveleges, its is the room key part. Or can this not be done? Thank you in advance for your responses!

i always get 2 connecting rooms for my familyof 4 (wife 2 young kids). my wife is put on one room with one child and i am on the other room with the other child. of course my wife and i stay in one room and the kids stay in the other.

i am the responsible party for the sign and sail account, and my wife has charging privileges, the kids have no charging privileges.

the only problem you might encounter is your sign and sail card is your room key. so i can open my room door and so could my son's card. my wife card would only be only to open the other room that her name is on. this could be a problem if you are not together and someone wanted to go back to the cabin and can't get in.

If all the kids were your own you would be able to put the kids in a separate cabin but one is not your child so you have to put an adult in the cabin.

Once onboard you will visit the pursers desk and get separated room keys- these cards have no charging privileges

Here is my situation. Me, DW, and DD are going on the Liberty next April. My son (17yo) now wants to go with his girlfriend (18). I cant put 5 in our balcony room nor would I want to. To keep the cost to a minimum I looked into a interior with port hole window. According to Carnival someone in the room must be 25. Here is the question. If I register DW in the porthole room and my son in the balcony room, but actually keep it the original with the 2 minors in the porthole room, and the adults in the balcony how do I do it with sail and sign cards? Non of the kids will have charging priveleges, its is the room key part. Or can this not be done? Thank you in advance for your responses!

Minor children do not need to be in a cabin connected to yours, but they usually need to be either next door or across the hall. It sounds like you are planning on putting the children in a category 1A cabin and you are in a balcony cabin. These category of cabins are not very close to each other. Normally, you can do as you're suggesting, book an adult into each cabin (for booking purposes) and then make the switch back at the pursers' desk once onboard.

However, do you REALLY want the 17 and 18 year old that far away from your cabin?

I've booked multiple rooms often non-connecting with my kids. Always booked with one adult in each and than swapped out and got extra cabin cards.

I WOULDNT ever let my son/daughter have their own room connected or not at with their SO boyfriend/girlfriend least while they were as young as yours are noted... :eek:

ROFL

Am I understanding this correctly? You actually want to put your minor son and his girlfriend in a room together??? :confused:

I am so glad I am not the only one who was thinking this. Wow, I would put all of us in a cabin together before I let that happen. :eek: BUT that's just me.

I guess I should have said they will be 18 and 19 respectively when the cruise departs and will be out of highschool. So really not minors. Sure I have thought about the ages in a room. Its that or a suite and thats a bit much.

I guess I should have said they will be 18 and 19 respectively when the cruise departs and will be out of highschool. So really not minors. Sure I have thought about the ages in a room. Its that or a suite and thats a bit much.

Ok, I know what I was doing at 17-- and I am now the mom to a 20 year old, so I am not going to be ignorant about his "extracurricular activities", however there is no way in hades that I would express my approval, let alone sponsor (pay) for his bordello on the bay.

Wow.

Ok, I know what I was doing at 17-- and I am now the mom to a 20 year old, so I am not going to be ignorant about his "extracurricular activities", however there is no way in hades that I would express my approval, let alone sponsor (pay) for his bordello on the bay.

Wow.

Right. I wouldn't even pay for my 20 year old son to stay with his girlfriend. If he's living with me, he goes by my rules. :D

FWIW, DH and I started dating at 16, and have been together for 20 years. Celebrating our 15th wedding anniversary next year. I vacationed with him and his family as a teen.

If I'm understanding correctly, you have another minor who would be in the cabin with the son and girlfriend? As mentioned above, you can book an adult into the room and get extra room keys (your S&S is tied to a folio number, so your wife's charges would go to your folio account if you set the S&S up that way).

I know you didn't ask for opinions, but I'm going to have to agree with some prior posters. I'm concerned about the other minor in the room with son/girlfriend. Will she be all alone while the teens are partying? Who's going to supervise room access? If son/girlfriend are amorous, is it going to be around the other minor? I'm just not sure about the logistics of this setup. I'd want an actual adult actually sleeping in that room, maybe your wife, the girlfriend, and your DD. You and DS actually sleeping in the other room.

I also agree that planning a vacation that far out with a girlfriend is kind of iffy. DH and I are by far the exceptions to the usual rule that young romances don't last. I'd maybe book a room that has the capacity for 3, but only book 2, and IF son and girlfriend are still together closer to the cruise, and there is capacity (Coast Guard rules re: max number of pax), then maybe modify the booking to add girlfriend.

Am I understanding this correctly? You actually want to put your minor son and his girlfriend in a room together??? :confused:

i see nothing wrong with letting the son and his gf have a room. the only valid point i saw here is wheather they will still be together at that time. relationships change often for teens.

now if it was my daughter, no way would she be staying with a guy alone :D

Carnival said to me that the cabin has to be within three cabins of my cabin if the occupants were under 25 but 13 and older.

To get past guest we put DW in one and me in the other. Went to customer service and get extra room keys and gave those out to those that were staying in a cabin that wasn't what was on their sign & Sail. All the sign & sail were charged to me. We limited the minors to $50. All done at Customer Service formally known as the Purser Desk.

I won't jump in on who you let sleep with whom, not my place.

I believe that the OP was asking for answer to her question, not comments about her parenting, or the decisions that she makes. To answer your question, I believe that you can switch once on board the ship and get extra room keys.

I believe that the OP was asking for answer to her question, not comments about her parenting, or the decisions that she makes. To answer your question, I believe that you can switch once on board the ship and get extra room keys.

that's the thing about public forums. when you divulge information about yourself, you leave it open to comments/opinions. the OP could have said their ages and not said their relationship to each other. in fact, i think you assuming that OP is a lesbian is more of a faux pas than the parenting comments. the OP said "Me and DW"

I'm a little confused about the set-up. I think you, your wife and daughter will be in the balcony. Your son and his girlfriend will be in the second cabin. I'm assuming your daughter is one of the "adults" in your cabin.

If so, your plan is fine. We usually put our kids in one cabin and ourselves in one next door (connecting or not). Last time on the Conquest, they insisted on booking it with 1-and-1 in each. For the Magic in July, they were fine booking two kids in one and two adults in the other. In any event, you simply go to guest services and ask for two blank room keys. that means your wife will have her name on the kids room (with access via S&S), but will have a blank key for your room. Your son (presumably) will have his name on your room (and S&S access) and a blank key for his actual room.

As for the various comments, I find it interesting that others who know nothing about you other than perhpas where you live, and the ages of your son and his girlfriend feel qualified to provide parenting advice. And given that your son will be an 18 year old adult at the time, I'm not even sure it would still qualify as "parenting".

Not a single poster here, including me, is possibly qualified to have any objection whatsoever to your arrangements.

You can book all the women in the inside cabin, and the two men in the balcony. then after you board, put DD and Girl friend in the inside cabin, and you, wife, and son stay in the balcony. you can get extra cards for the rooms..

You can book all the women in the inside cabin, and the two men in the balcony. then after you board, put DD and Girl friend in the inside cabin, and you, wife, and son stay in the balcony. you can get extra cards for the rooms..

I don't think the OP was asking you to suggest sleeping arrangements.

Archived