Will we have any trouble getting a 12:15pm flight out of Seattle?

twonpcb

Since we live on the east coast and have limited flight availability to our small airport, our latest option out of Seattle is a 12:15pm flight. Has anybody had experience with such an early flight? Will we be able to make it?

Thanks,

robert

U shld make it but for myself I wld go later.. Have almost missed 2 flts - delayed 'cause some folks weren't cooperating on the ship and another time the ship had engine trouble (it happens) 1 @ approx noon & another @ 12:30 pm..That said, I have also made our/my flt numerous times but I have never been willing to gamble by travelling before noon!! Have been on several cruises where folks were panicking 'cause with their early flt times they were not going to be able to make them and the strain on their faces was sobering..

Now I always take flts 1 pm and usually later..

If u don't mind a bit of gambling go ahead - this time is sure better than those asking about making flts at 11:00, 10:45 & even at 9:30am :O - now they are really brave gamblers!!

I wldn't want to miss my flts & have to perhaps pay for another hotel room overnite also, never mind the extra airfare and the stress & worrying after a relaxing cruise - no thanks!! :)

Hope it works well for u & u have a great cruise also!

Since we live on the east coast and have limited flight availability to our small airport, our latest option out of Seattle is a 12:15pm flight. Has anybody had experience with such an early flight? Will we be able to make it?

Thanks,

robert

Hi Robert:) I know what you mean about flight choices West to East.

The last few times I have flown home I have taken the redeye. Flight

leaves about 10pm so I have literally had all day in Seattle.

When is the next flight out? If you choose the 12:15, I would go

to Guest Relations and let them know you want to be in one of the

earlier groups off the ship on disembarkation day.

If you are able enough to do 'Self Disembarkation' you can be off the ship ahead of anyone else, around 7am if not before. A taxi from the quayside to the airport could have you at Seattle airport before 8am allowing for customs, homeland security etc

I have full confidence we will make it as we have done flights earlier than this.

On earlier flights we have chosen the 'carry your own luggage off routine' assuring that you are 1st off the ship. Sometimes that is as early as 7 or 7:30.

We probably will not do that on this trip. Most cruises have everyone off by about 9:30.

We will opt for 1st off where they do your luggage & will probably be off by 8:30.

Express baggage is the way to go if you have an early flight. We used it in Hamburg. Ship docked at 5 AM and we made our 8:45 flight! It was the only one of the day. A nail biter though!

Archived