Cruise Documents Oceania Regatta - May 26 Alaska

atraveldeal

We received our documents today for a June 11 Marina cruise, so I think you need to check with your TA, who probably simply has not forwarded them on to you yet.

Pam is right, you should have the documents by now.

Remember that your TA has the option of having them emailed to you if the time grows too short.

Oceania Baggage labels aren't needed until you board the ship, and can always be handled at the embarkation port, if need be.

Hope you contacted your TA

The documents look like a booklet (Blue Cover)

You should get e-documents by now as well

Did you fill out the personalizer online at Already booked or through your TA

https://www.oceaniacruises.com/alreadybookedlogin.aspx?ReturnUrl=%2falreadybooked%2fdefault.aspx

If not that will hold up your documents

You really do not need any but it is peace of mind for me also ;)

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Thank you all for your assistance following up with TA. And yes LHT28 we did complete the personalizer online as you suggested immediately after payment so should be aok. Expecting chaos at San Francisco Port on embarkation so its good to be prepared so we can dump the luggage of with the porters knowing tags are correct. On our Silversea cruise a few years back our bags went missing and only got to our room just as it sailed because the porter rushed writing the luggage tags and it was hard to read.

Hello LHT28 (Lyn) yes I guess you are absolutely correct about the time of arrival will make a difference. We don't mind waiting to get on, its just the lugging the bags and chaos we don't like. Like to hand over the luggage and be done with it. We go to San Francisco a few times a year and its always chaotic traffic along the Embarcadero. But your experience makes me feel better. BTW do e-docs also come direct from Oceania. I contacted TA who is following up. Oceania phone systems in chaos (get the theme here) as they had an ATT problem originating in Florida so they could not be called. So I should know on Monday. In plenty of time. Thanks

Hello LHT28 (Lyn) yes I guess you are absolutely correct about the time of arrival will make a difference. We don't mind waiting to get on, its just the lugging the bags and chaos we don't like. Like to hand over the luggage and be done with it. We go to San Francisco a few times a year and its always chaotic traffic along the Embarcadero. But your experience makes me feel better. BTW do e-docs also come direct from Oceania. I contacted TA who is following up. Oceania phone systems in chaos (get the theme here) as they had an ATT problem originating in Florida so they could not be called. So I should know on Monday. In plenty of time. Thanks

You do not really need anything to board other than the required I.D.

We just show our passports & they check the list, take our photo, give us our cards & are on our way ;)

If you are flying using O air just check in with the airline at home to confirm your booking & select your seats (if you do not have them already)

I take my invoice with me because some U.S. ports will not let you in the terminal unless you are on the cruise.

We walked from the hotel down to Pier 35 but as I said it was later in the day so no chaos.

I am sure you will be fine

Lyn

I checked on the San Francisco Port website and fortuneatly, if I am correct, it looks like this is the only cruise ship coming in and dropping off and picking up (our cruise) on the 26 May so hopefully it will be fine. The problem is not necessarily the cruise terminal itself even though it is not as functional as it should be like Fort Lauderdale for example, the problem is the traffic that runs along the Embarcadero and the lack of places to stop or park to off load. As LHT28 mentioned 'timing is everything'. And the size of the Oceania Regatta and the amount of passengers ie: its not a 2000 plus passenger ship. Thank goodness.

• 2 weeks later...
Has anyone received there final cruise documents for the above sailing yet, ie: luggage tags, etc? Will they come out directly or to the TA? Girl at Oceania said she'd get back to me, but hasn't yet?

Thanks everyone, finally got all our final documents on Friday. Seems our usually good TA hasn't been as 'on the ball' as usual. Considering we cruise in less than 7 days. Now for packing....:)

Thanks everyone, finally got all our final documents on Friday. Seems our usually good TA hasn't been as 'on the ball' as usual. Considering we cruise in less than 7 days. Now for packing....:)

Glad you finally got them

Enjoy the cruise

Lyn

Is there usually chaos at the SF port? This will be my first time embarking there though I know the city well.

Just returned from round trip SF to SF and the port was a breeze.

We disembarked in 12 minutes-suite to pick-up car service. Embarkation was almost as fast at 11:00 am.

The only problem people had leaving the ship is a severe shortage of taxis.

The line today was about 30-40 sets of people with no taxis in sight. SF is said to have a shortage of them.

Enjoy your cruise, we did!

Archived