Can I transfer my booking?

I booked online directly with Royal Caribbean for our upcoming Oasis cruise in October. I was browsing on a national membership club website, and it looks like they will give me $140 on board credit. Is there a way to transfer my booking to them and get the credit? How would I do this? I booked the cruise using a "Next Cruise" certificate from our previous sailing (low deposit plus $100 OBC), plus used a Crown and Anchor Savings Certificate.

I hope that this question was alright to ask her since I did not mention specific company names.

Thanks for your help.

From the RC website: Customer Support > Frequently Asked Questions > After You Purchase

Q: Can I transfer my reservation to a travel agent if I purchased my cruise directly from Royal Caribbean?

A: Bookings may be transferred to a Travel Agent up until 60 days from creation if the request is made outside of Final Payment period and the booking is not paid in full. If a booking has a ChoiceAir ticket and the transfer request involves a change in currency we cannot accommodate a transfer. If you would like to transfer your reservation to a Travel Agent, please complete this form and return to us via fax.

So yes, you can transfer your booking to a travel agent as long as it is within 60 days of having made the reservation. You have to go to the website and print the transfer form then either mail or fax it to RC.

ADDED: Before you transfer, call the TA and make sure that they don't have any "hidden" fees and that they will honor Next Cruise and coupons. Ask about any cancellation, change, or rebooking fees.

We did that 'next cruise booking' thing last August on the Mariner.

We did not have a definite cruise in mind but paid the & $100. (they will give us an additional $100.OBC) & they gave us a booking number.

We just booked an Oasis cruise a few weeks ago with an Internet agency. They were having a flash sale so we had to complete the booking right away under a booking number they gave us.

I told them about the 'next booking' credit I had. They said to get that I had to transfer to the RCCL booking number we were given. They faxed me a form to fill out transferring the booking to them. They then had everything they had done tranferred to the 'next cruise' booking number & we kept all the credits from both ends.

We were obviously way past the 60 days.

Despite what a lot of people say about Internet agencies, we have always found that they help you a lot & you can always speak to a 'real person' when your issues cannot be resolved online.

BEFORE you transfer it, get it IN WRITING that the new agency will combine the $140 OBC with the Next Cruise and the Savings Certificate you have already received.

There are some new posts floating around here that talks about people transferring to these agencies for this deal, then getting an email from the agency after transfer that they can NOT offer the $140 because they cannot combine the offers.

And then once the booking is transferred, that agency OWNS your booking. So you would have to get the agency to agree to transfer it back. So they would have to agree to release it.

Just do your homework first. Agencies can offer deals. Just make sure you get that deal in writing so you know exactly what to expect and there are no surprises in the end.

BTW Cello -- are they are grayhounds in your signature?

We did not have a definite cruise in mind but paid the & $100. (they will give us an additional $100.OBC) & they gave us a booking number.

We just booked an Oasis cruise a few weeks ago with an Internet agency. They were having a flash sale so we had to complete the booking right away under a booking number they gave us.

I told them about the 'next booking' credit I had. They said to get that I had to transfer to the RCCL booking number we were given. They faxed me a form to fill out transferring the booking to them. They then had everything they had done tranferred to the 'next cruise' booking number & we kept all the credits from both ends.

Despite what a lot of people say about Internet agencies, we have always found that they help you a lot & you can always speak to a 'real person' when your issues cannot be resolved online.

For an NC booking, the 60 days starts when it first is assigned to a specific cruise.

From what you said, it sounds like your Next Cruise booking is being handled by an internet agency. If that is the case, it is not as simple as filling out RCI's form. You must get the internet agency to send in a letter - on company letter head - releasing your booking (you will lose their benefits) and then the new membership agency will need to send in a letter (within 5 days) to accept the booking. There is no guarantee the internet agency will release your booking.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Since I booked the "Next Cruise" on our Freedom cruise, the booking date was listed as Feb.4th, making me well past the 60 day time limit. I guess that I will keep this in mind for the next time we book and look into transferring our booking right afterwards.

Yes those are four Retired Racing Greyhounds in my signature! My husband and I are very active in Greyhound Rescue here in the Orlando area.

gizzybetterear-1.jpg

Yes those are four Retired Racing Greyhounds in my signature! My husband and I are very active in Greyhound Rescue here in the Orlando area.

Awww I love them!!!! My baby is an Italian Greyhound (she is curled up on my leg right now because where I am, she is). I keep saying that the next dog we get is going to be a full sized rescue Greyhound. You are doing a great thing!

027.jpg

BEFORE you transfer it, get it IN WRITING that the new agency will combine the $140 OBC with the Next Cruise and the Savings Certificate you have already received.

There are some new posts floating around here that talks about people transferring to these agencies for this deal, then getting an email from the agency after transfer that they can NOT offer the $140 because they cannot combine the offers.

And then once the booking is transferred, that agency OWNS your booking. So you would have to get the agency to agree to transfer it back. So they would have to agree to release it.

Just do your homework first. Agencies can offer deals. Just make sure you get that deal in writing so you know exactly what to expect and there are no surprises in the end.

BTW Cello -- are they are grayhounds in your signature?

Ditto on this one!!! I am one of those who did this and then was told that my price was too low to get the offered perks and am now trying to get my reservation back and so far they said they "faxed the release to RCL" but lo and behold so far RCL has not receivd it. Like Michelle says Do your homework first!!!! Lesson learned by me!!!!:eek:

Awww I love them!!!! My baby is an Italian Greyhound (she is curled up on my leg right now because where I am, she is). I keep saying that the next dog we get is going to be a full sized rescue Greyhound. You are doing a great thing!

027.jpg

I love Iggies!! Your baby is very cute indeed!!

• 4 weeks later...

Further to this thread, I don't believe it is when you booked the future cruise but 60 days from when you actually turned the future cruise into an actual booking. Also, this is a new policy effective Oct. 18, 2010. If your cruise booking was prior to that date you should be grandfathered which means you will still be able to transfer the booking to a travel agent.

Further to this thread, I don't believe it is when you booked the future cruise but 60 days from when you actually turned the future cruise into an actual booking. Also, this is a new policy effective Oct. 18, 2010. If your cruise booking was prior to that date you should be grandfathered which means you will still be able to transfer the booking to a travel agent.

Some people have been told that there is no grandfathering on this point.

Perhaps someone who has experienced it will post.

It may be different using a NextCruise cert, so I can only speak for my own personal experience. We booked directly with RCI last May for our upcoming Allure cruise and did in fact transfer it recently to a TA with no problems at all from RCI. I filled out the form and within 24 hours it was transfered. So I believe they will grandfather bookings made before October 18, 2010.

It may be different using a NextCruise cert, so I can only speak for my own personal experience. We booked directly with RCI last May for our upcoming Allure cruise and did in fact transfer it recently to a TA with no problems at all from RCI. I filled out the form and within 24 hours it was transfered. So I believe they will grandfather bookings made before October 18, 2010.

Good news for kaybeeeeeeeeeeeee! ;)

Some people have been told that there is no grandfathering on this point.

Perhaps someone who has experienced it will post.

Our good friends booked a specific sailing onboard in June 2010. They transferred to a TA just before final payment was due in April. No problems no questions asked. So they at least were grandfathered.

Archived