Family Jewels in San Pedro

wadethegringo

Keep an eye out for New family jewels shows. Gene Simmons is in Belize this week filming for the show.

Met him yesterday as he was getting off the plane.

They are filming all over the country. It looks like they will show a lot about all of the towns here in Belize.

Might show some good ideas for cruise excursions.

SDC10139.JPG

Gene Simmons and wife Shannon Tweed are on location in Belize filming new episodes for their popular TV series "Family Jewels".

gene-simmons-ambergris-caye-headline.jpg

P1180819-sm.jpg

"Streets were closed off; traffic was crazy on the island and police officers everywhere, people asking who’s here? So what was all the commotion about? Gene Simmons “The Demon”, bassist/vocalist of rock band –KISS is in San Pedro filming an episode of Gene Simmons Family Show."

:cool:

Thanks for posting the pictures and telling of their visit. Interesting to see and hear how it affected the area during filming.

I watched two or three seasons of Family Jewels. Unfortunately, satellite/cable shows have such erratic starting/stopping of seasons :mad: that I completely lose track of some shows, and Family Jewels is one of them :(.

I'll have to look at the website for the show and mark my calendar. Would be interesting to watch anyway, but even more so because of this Cruise Critic connection.

• 2 months later...
The shows featuring Belize are airing starting tonight!!!!!

Well, I've been looking for these episodes on the schedule and can't find them! :( Tomorrow's shows are episodes 130/131 and after that they are showing 134/135, skipping the two episodes that were filmed in Belize! What's going on, A & E?!?!?!?! :confused:

http://www.aetv.com/listings/weekly.do?start=1310956200000

wade, thanks for posting the additional photos! It's so cool to see Gene went to Lamanai. My family and I were there last week :cool:.

kcparrothead, I checked through the DirecTV A&E onscreen television schedule and found the Belize listed to air on Tuesday, July 26 at 10 pm. It is listed as the season finale.

Maybe the schedule for the episode's airing is different in Belize than in the United States?:confused:?

I kind of figured the episode would be the finale based on the content of the season's shows and with some of the older episodes listed to air before the Belize one. The episode description says that Gene has a question on his mind, or something to that effect.

Anyone else coming up with 4 as the answer to 2+2???:)???

You're welcome. :)

Remember to check your local listings for the show times in your area.

A&E repeats episodes quite often and sometimes an episode will air twice within a few hours. Strange, but comes in handy when a show is missed during the original air date/time.

G.S. Family Jewels has been a pretty enjoyable series. It lives up to what they say about it - it's about a non-traditional, traditional family. At times funny and other times sweet or sad, or a mix of all of three.

Yes - I confirmed it last night and that's when it's showing here also - Thanks! I'm looking forward to it!!

I work for Tropic air in Belize and we had a contract with the show....Lots of Free publicity for us.. We were told that Belize would be featured in the three final episodes.

It was planned for only two.

I spoke to the crew as they were leaving Belize and was told that they were shooting what aired last week after they left Belize

Well, I'll definitely have to watch all the latest episodes!

Wade - is Tropic Air the airline that flies for shoretrips.com? That's the one we're looking at to get to San Pedro since they will pick us up at the port & we won't have to look for a taxi.

Well, I'll definitely have to watch all the latest episodes!

Wade - is Tropic Air the airline that flies for shoretrips.com? That's the one we're looking at to get to San Pedro since they will pick us up at the port & we won't have to look for a taxi.

Most times that will be the other airline....Maya....Tropic cost a bit more for reg rates...Round trip is $75 us per person...From TZA (Belize Municipal air strip) to SPR (San Pedro air strip). A taxi each way would be about $7.50 us each way..

Won't be able to go to SanPedro in Oct. NCL no longer offers the shark ray alley tour which took us here. Will make do with a similiar tour via coral breezes which instead goes to Caye Caulker.

I would recommend San Pedro to anyone.

watch their Belize episode tonight. Pretty good. First time ive ever watched the show...my wife yelled at me and told me I had to watch it cause they were in Belize lol

Yes loved all the scenes of Belize. Cave-tubing looks like it got a lot left on the cutting room floor and you had to wade through all the marriage counseling stuff and ring trauma (got to see all the acts on AGT without all the fluff and banter, LOL) But they did a nice job in making Belize look enticing.

watch their Belize episode tonight. Pretty good. First time ive ever watched the show...my wife yelled at me and told me I had to watch it cause they were in Belize lol

LOL, I drug my husband in the livingroom to watch it (without telling him what we were watching) and you know how much stuff was on there in the beginning before they actually made it to Belize. He had this blank stare on his face :eek: like why are we watching this??? LOL I have to add it was 2am when we were watching. Then he got excited when he found out they were going to Belize! :D

Yes loved all the scenes of Belize. Cave-tubing looks like it got a lot left on the cutting room floor and you had to wade through all the marriage counseling stuff and ring trauma (got to see all the acts on AGT without all the fluff and banter, LOL) But they did a nice job in making Belize look enticing.

Cave tubing was the one thing I was hoping to see the most of and there didn't seem to be much (due to the fluff as you stated). We will be doing the cave tubing in September.

Over all it was nice to see different parts of Belize, and even those parts that we will be missing. I have to admit, I could have used more "Belize" time than the counseling time. :) hehe

Just finished watching it via streaming. I noticed that they didn't show much of San Pedro. the San Pedro news showed a scene where they were riding a golf cart in the streets of San Pedro. I guess it must have been cut from the film. Glad to see that they showed the snorkeling at Hoi Chan with the nurse sharks and rays. This is something that I have done 3 times before and plan on doing again in Oct.

Also good to see the other parts of Belize like caves and ruins. This episode was like a tourism commercial. Have not been to to ruins or in the caves as I really don't enjoy jungle and don't like getting all sweaty and hot. Snorkeling is the way to go for me as I get to be cooler and see a variety of wonderfully colored fish.

Wish that I could go to "the Blue Hole" but someone told me that it is about 80 miles away from where the ships tender. I bet there will be bigger and more dangerous sharks there.

Archived